Sponsored by:

Carbon finish for PCM

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2014, 03:42 PM
rosino
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Carbon finish for PCM

Anybody like me wondered why you can get PCM & A/C in leather, ext colour.. but not carbon ? I find it stupid that if you have carbon console and then have black plastic right next to it on the a/c and pcm.

Not to mention the black plastic buttons on the centre console, half of them blanked out (frankly out of place in a $150k+ car.. together with the window buttons..)
Old 08-31-2014, 04:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

yeh- I agree with you. They could of offered some more though out options ect. But in the end - this car is all about the engine and transmission. I was wondering if they developed the engine around PDK-S or PDK-S around the engine. The more I drive it I am just really impressed by how they delivered this package. They should of never of called it PDK-S because it is so misleading after driving a 991 C2S.
Old 09-01-2014, 02:20 AM
rosino
Advanced

Am really curious to experience this pdk-s.. I wonder how much better it can be as I found the one in my 991 s pretty exceptional

But I would still like a carbon PCM :-)
Old 09-01-2014, 03:38 AM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by rosino
Am really curious to experience this pdk-s.. I wonder how much better it can be as I found the one in my 991 s pretty exceptional

But I would still like a carbon PCM :-)
I have both 991S and 991 GT3 -- the PDK performance is far superior in the GT3. It's smoother, it has completely open idle (no creep ahead) and it is serious when you want it to be serious. The Carrera is just giving the wrong answers in comparison. Plus, on the odd-numbered gears shaft, the lightweight flywheel rattle is reminiscent of the 997.2 GT3 RS, which is like being reunited with an old golfing buddy, suddenly the game is more fun than you ever remembered.

As for carbon trim, the aftermarket vendors have alternative products at far less insane prices for non-functional parts.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:17 AM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by rosino
I find it stupid that if you have carbon console and then have black plastic right next to it on the a/c and pcm.
I did the Carbon Fiber interior with the leather center console for this reason. I felt the black leather would blend better with the black plastic PCM surround and buttons.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:18 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

If you noticed, its like $2,200 to do the PCM in leather. I was told that its so expensive because the unit come to Porsche pre-assembled so they have to send it out, have it unassembled, cover it, and have it sent back. This may have something to do with why there is not a CF option here. Maybe they feel like they have to offer leather but its too much work to do CF as well Just a guess. I would love to have the PCM in CF though!
Old 09-02-2014, 12:34 PM
rosino
Advanced

Would MaCarbon not able to do something bespoke if somebody sent them their PCM ? :-)

Quick Reply: Carbon finish for PCM