Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997 GT2 seats do work in the 991 GT3. FACT.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 12:40 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

sam thx for trail blazing.
PM me your addy, i will send you a genuine male belt buckle i cut out from p car. not the little plastic made in my homeland.
GET A HANS
Old 09-11-2014, 07:29 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Are you saying that the integrated thorax airbags are correctly connected to the 991's governing computers (e.g. in your '14 991 gt3) and will deploy in case of an accident?
That is correct, Eduardo. Sending a PM

Originally Posted by mooty
sam thx for trail blazing.
PM me your addy, i will send you a genuine male belt buckle i cut out from p car. not the little plastic made in my homeland.
GET A HANS
You da man!! Thanks so much, sending PM. I bought this:
http://www.saferacer.com/hans-device...te-hans-device

Last edited by SamFromTX; 09-11-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-11-2014, 09:30 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

^
VW seat belt buckles also do the trick...which are readily avail from junkers.
Old 09-11-2014, 11:15 AM
orthojoe
Nordschleife Master

Received 191 Likes on 94 Posts

Another option:

I traced out the buckle onto an old credit card/membership card and cut out the pattern. Works well...... And light weight. :P
Attached Images  
Old 09-11-2014, 11:25 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
That is correct, Eduardo. Sending a PM

http://www.saferacer.com/hans-device...te-hans-device
I have the same one and think it's a good price point. I saw one of your other posts on practicing with it.

I'm a big fan of putting helmet and hans on and off outside the car, when I first started using it, it was suggested that I put it on in the car due to my size. I'm 6'4" and have had no issues getting in and out of a Cayman R with full roll cage.

Suit up and practice 20 to 30 times until it's very natural in your driveway - you want to be able to get out quickly and subconsciously in an accident...
Old 09-11-2014, 12:06 PM
nash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looks good, you are going to love how secure you feel going through T1 at TWS next time... that was the biggest revelation I had when getting buckets in my Turbo back in the day. Instead of holding on for dear life through T1/T2, I was completely locked down and could just focus on working the controls.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:22 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by NateOZ
I have the same one and think it's a good price point. I saw one of your other posts on practicing with it.

I'm a big fan of putting helmet and hans on and off outside the car, when I first started using it, it was suggested that I put it on in the car due to my size. I'm 6'4" and have had no issues getting in and out of a Cayman R with full roll cage.

Suit up and practice 20 to 30 times until it's very natural in your driveway - you want to be able to get out quickly and subconsciously in an accident...
Good advice, thanks. I wasn't sure if I should put them on inside or outside the car but what you said makes good sense and I'm the same height as you are, so I now know it can be done!!

Originally Posted by nash
Looks good, you are going to love how secure you feel going through T1 at TWS next time... that was the biggest revelation I had when getting buckets in my Turbo back in the day. Instead of holding on for dear life through T1/T2, I was completely locked down and could just focus on working the controls.
I'm excited but am also preparing myself that my first few sessions may actually be slower as I get used to the limitation of head turning, new seating position etc.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:55 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
I'm excited but am also preparing myself that my first few sessions may actually be slower as I get used to the limitation of head turning, new seating position etc.
You won't be slower. You will be amazed by the amount of new sensory inputs the car will be sending you through your body and by your ability to completely relax your body and your grip to the steering wheel. While most people are aware of the safety benefits of buckets, harness, and HANS, they underestimate their benefits in feel and driving performance, until they try them -- then there's no turning back. It will be like driving a different car.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:59 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by hf1
You won't be slower. You will be amazed by the amount of new sensory inputs the car will be sending you through your body and by your ability to completely relax your body and your grip to the steering wheel. While most people are aware of the safety benefits of buckets, harness, and HANS, they underestimate their benefits in feel and driving performance, until they try them -- then there's no turning back. It will be like driving a different car.
Awesome. Looking forward to not have to work my low back muscles as much.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:04 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 891 Likes on 337 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
+100. I went bar, harness and HANS early this year and will never go back. Better driving experience, more feedback; more safety. It took me about 2 laps to get used to the reduced range of neck motion. You'll love it.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:07 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by ChrisF
+100. I went bar, harness and HANS early this year and will never go back. Better driving experience, more feedback; more safety. It took me about 2 laps to get used to the reduced range of neck motion. You'll love it.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:21 PM
Conekilr
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good Sam. Can't be too safe at the speeds you're going. How did you mount the Sub strap ??

Old 09-11-2014, 03:21 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Originally Posted by Conekilr
Looks good Sam. Can't be too safe at the speeds you're going. How did you mount the Sub strap ??

I have no idea. I had the whole thing installed and the installer is off to Mid Ohio for the race.
Old 09-11-2014, 05:17 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,639 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by orthojoe
Another option:

I traced out the buckle onto an old credit card/membership card and cut out the pattern. Works well...... And light weight. :P
Old 09-11-2014, 05:59 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for doing this work and testing - always nice to have options. Glad you got a HANS.

Quick Reply: 997 GT2 seats do work in the 991 GT3. FACT.