Sponsored by:

My build, anything missing?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 12:38 AM
bills742
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My build, anything missing?

Here's my build which is scheduled for Nov. 28th delivery. I keep my cars a long time so I loaded it up! Let me know if there's anything important I missed. Before you say PCCB, I've read and heard a bunch of opinions on them and decided to leave them out. This is my first Porsche and I can't wait to get my car!

GT Silver Metallic

Interior Color
Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Platinum Grey 78

Exterior
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor P13
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Exterior Color XUB
LED Headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) 602
Extended Range Fuel Tank 082

Performance
Front Axle Lift System 474
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)

Wheels
20" GT3 Wheels 431

Interior
Seat Belts in Guards Red XSX
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell 581
Floor Mats 810
Smoking Package 583
Seat Heating (Front) 342
Light Design Package 630
Adaptive Sport Seats Plus (18-way) P07

Interior Leather
Sport Seats Plus Backrest Shells in Leather XWK
Steering Column Casing in Leather XNS

Interior Alcantara
Storage Compartment Lid in Alcantara® with Porsche Crest XLJ

Interior Carbon Fiber
Door-Sill Guards in Carbon Fiber, Illuminated XXD

Interior Aluminum
Brushed Aluminum Interior Package, Anthracite i.c.w. Leather Interior P1B

Audio and Communications
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module P23
SiriusXM® Satellite Radio, NavTraffic, NavWeather and HD Radio Receiver 690
Online Services UN1
Voice Control 671
Sound Package Plus 490

My code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PFW73CL8
Old 08-22-2014, 12:46 AM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good! Is the Bluetooth included? The fmr 619 option and the remaining 666 option have me a bit confused. I do not want to accidentally leave out Bluetooth from my build.
Old 08-22-2014, 12:52 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by brass4321
Looks good! Is the Bluetooth included? The fmr 619 option and the remaining 666 option have me a bit confused. I do not want to accidentally leave out Bluetooth from my build.
BT standard for MY15
Old 08-22-2014, 02:18 AM
Laguna_Dude
Burning Brakes

Received 92 Likes on 33 Posts

Welcome to the addition!
Old 08-22-2014, 06:36 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

Welcome to the board. Looks nicely built. One recommendation a build is always unique to the builder, and if you listen to us you will keep adding and subtracting. I was happy when my build locked last month with a late October delivery. I was changing my build weekly, and good luck to you!
Old 08-22-2014, 06:50 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Welcome!
Nice build. Another GT Silver!
I see you left out Sports Chrono. I did as well. No mechanical advantage.
Question: what made you decide on GT Silver? Have you seen it for real on a GT3?
Old 08-22-2014, 07:02 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

-I see you got the carbon fiber sills but not the interior. If you opt for the sills you should consider sticking with it thru out
-I would get the extended dashboard in leather and swap out for the backrests

Just my $.02
Old 08-22-2014, 07:21 AM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

extended Dashboard in leather and the steering column.
Voice control is probably useless for the GT3
the seat belt outlet trim in Alcantara is gorgeous compare to the cheap plastic provided as standard.
the sport chrono package as it will look nice on the dashboard but pricey option really...

but anyway your build is very nice already and it is personal!!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Lodi
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by the-missile
extended Dashboard in leather and the steering column.
Voice control is probably useless for the GT3
the seat belt outlet trim in Alcantara is gorgeous compare to the cheap plastic provided as standard.
the sport chrono package as it will look nice on the dashboard but pricey option really...

but anyway your build is very nice already and it is personal!!
I pretty much agree with "the missile" on all fronts. The extended dashboard in leather is a great add. It finishes the dash very nicely and will give you deviated stitching there as well. Personally, I would do this before I did the seat backs, although I did both. Leather is a slippery slope. Once you get going its hard not to do everything. I think the seatbelt outlets in Alcantara are a good call too. Sports Chrono is a personal choice. I don't think you will miss the functionality.

As Jimmy pointed out, I would do all aluminum or carbon fiber on the interior. I think it would look more cohesive.

Finally, just for consideration, look at a couple of GT Silver GT3s with black PDLS headlights. They look great with the platinum wheels and tinted windows. Although, the LEDs look great too! Here are a couple of links:

http://www.autogespot.com/porsche-99...014/01/12#img1
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/9...ortdesign.html

Great build! Don't you wish it would hurry up and lock so you can stop thinking about it!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:36 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I would also skip voice control, I've found it works about 25% of the time at best.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:58 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by brass4321
The whole Bluetooth thing has been confusing to me , was 619 now 666 or what.

I believe it is now standard and to verify that :

Log on the Configurator for GT3,
Click on the Standard Features ( Above Tech Specs ,in blue writing)
and look under the Electrical Cat.
and there it is listed
Old 08-22-2014, 10:48 AM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 131 Likes on 49 Posts

I agree with others that if you are doing CF Door sills, you should follow that through to the interior and not do the Anthracite. On that note, I personally had two 997's with illuminated door sills and don't feel it's worth the money. You rarely see them. I would take that money and put it towards the extended leather dash since you have the seat backs and steering column in leather. At least you get to enjoy looking at that every time you are in the car. Also, I'm a big fan of GT Silver and have had a few 911's in that color. I know the chrome headlight washers are a different color, but I don't know that they need to be painted on a silver car. I think they look pretty nice as standard and blend with the chrome in the headlight module.

I changed my build seven times during the MY14 to MY15 move and it ended up pushing my delivery date back a month. So I suggest you make your changes and try to stick with them so that your date sticks. Andrea, the GT3 Concierge, confirmed that my changes pushed back my date.

Welcome aboard.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Jon70
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 24 Posts

Anyone have a photo of the alcantara seatbelt covers besides the computer generated version on the configurator?
Old 08-22-2014, 11:30 AM
bills742
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for everyone's opinions!

As far as CF door sill not matching the interior, I'm not a huge fan of the weave (I believe it's 1x1) in Porsches which is why I was skipping it on the interior. My concern with the illuminated door sill in stainless steel is that it won't match the anthracite interior trim. Unless the door sill is also anthracite if you spec the interior trim that way? I thought the CF would add least match the anthracite better.

Sport chrono - If it was $400 I would be all over it because I like the aesthetics on the dash. Now at $1850, are the aesthetics worth it considering there's better aftermarket timing devices? Does the illumination look nice at night?

Extended leather on dash and anthracite seat belt outlet - You guys have convinced me to get them.

This build is getting crazy expensive! I plan on keeping the car 6+ years so maybe I should just go all out and get all of the above!

I went with GT silver after seeing it on a turbo s. It looked great, like someone poured beautiful liquid metal all over the car. I'm hoping to see one later today on a gt3 in Philly. I liked agate initially but wasn't crazy about it in the sunlight. White is white and it looks great too, but I wanted to be a little different than the >80% of the white gt3's out there!

Fibredog, thanks for warning me about delays after changing specs. I'll try to keep it to a minimum.

Last edited by bills742; 08-22-2014 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:49 AM
TrackFan
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Save yourself some sleepless nights thinking about. Just check every option box.

It's only money.

Quick Reply: My build, anything missing?