Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I am not sure what to make of this

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Agee with Mike here. Additional issue is 3rd party installed most of these engines. What if they left the plug off the knock sensory when clipping up the harness or something similar? I think its a bit premature to be concerned based on this one post from Spain (I have read Carlos original post on Rennteam and its not first hand information and still subject to clarification).
Old 08-21-2014, 08:14 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

I think we are jumping to conclusions with not enough info. Plus, I also agree with Mike that statistically, this could be within norm.

But, in the end; if there is an issue we have a 5 year warranty. Let me ask this to those that have signed the paperwork to receive compensation. Does it mention that if there is a future engine issue, with the issuance of a recall, that we have no recourse to return the car ect. Any info would be appreciated.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:16 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Oh the shock and horror!
Old 08-21-2014, 08:56 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
I think we are jumping to conclusions with not enough info. Plus, I also agree with Mike that statistically, this could be within norm.

But, in the end; if there is an issue we have a 5 year warranty. Let me ask this to those that have signed the paperwork to receive compensation. Does it mention that if there is a future engine issue, with the issuance of a recall, that we have no recourse to return the car ect. Any info would be appreciated.
Jimmy, it's stipulated quite clearly in the release form. The wording is such that by accepting compensation you give up the right to pursue remedies such as returning the car for any engine issues experienced "up to this point" (direct quote from the letter). There is no restriction on claims going forward for any future problems.

Quick Reply: I am not sure what to make of this