Sponsored by:

Options

Old 08-16-2014, 05:23 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
Hi Mike
FYI...The 18 way seats in the GT3 do move when you open the door, but it is a little tricky to set up as the comfort entry option is only available through the PCM "car menu" at central NAV screen, but not through the setting menu found in your gauges that is accessed through the steering wheel stalk. Just wanted to clarify this, as most GT3 owners are not aware of it. Mark
Originally Posted by <3mph
This seems to suggest that at least some memory functionality is present in the seat, but that without the hardwired buttons it is not directly accessible to drivers. Does anyone know from past generations or the current one if that is the case and how/where the memory functions are set up in the seat and car? If so, maybe there is a some way to rig a switch to the seat that activates this memory function (even if for only one memory position). Maybe the entire memory functionality is even present but not active?? Anyway, glad to hear they're refunding the cost to customers who ordered them.
Ok, so I just went out and tried to set the seat feature just to see if it worked. According to the PCM manual (which also contains instructions for Porsches besides the GT3) one selects "Car" then "Option" then "Set Car" then "Vehicle Functions" then "Locking" and then "Comfort Entry". Except under locking there are only choices for "Door Lock" and "Door Unlock". There is no "Comfort Entry" feature to select.

Mark, can you give more specific instructions on how to access this feature in PCM? Operator error, perhaps, but I can't find it anywhere.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:57 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Ok, so I just went out and tried to set the seat feature just to see if it worked. According to the PCM manual (which also contains instructions for Porsches besides the GT3) one selects "Car" then "Option" then "Set Car" then "Vehicle Functions" then "Locking" and then "Comfort Entry". Except under locking there are only choices for "Door Lock" and "Door Unlock". There is no "Comfort Entry" feature to select.

Mark, can you give more specific instructions on how to access this feature in PCM? Operator error, perhaps, but I can't find it anywhere.
Hi Mike
I made a video showing the steps to do that and at end of video you will notice the seat going back. See below link. Please let me know if you can reduplicate on yours. Mark
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...T3%20Seats.MOV
Old 08-16-2014, 07:22 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Mike
I made a video showing the steps to do that and at end of video you will notice the seat going back. See below link. Please let me know if you can reduplicate on yours. Mark
Interesting. I do NOT have that function either and I just tried again!!!!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Hi Mike
Hi Mark, the steps you followed are the exact steps identified in the PCM manual and the exact ones I followed previously except that after pressing "locking" you have the "comfort entry" option and I don't. Apparently neither does Sam so it can't just be a red car, white car thing. I smell another rebate check!

Seriously, this is a hard one to figure out as your seat "remembers" where to move to yet there isn't supposed to be a memory function. If I thought I would actually use that comfort feature I'd show your vid to my service guy and see if there is something that can be activated in PCM by PIWIS.

Anyway, thanks for making the vid; we still have a mystery.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:47 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi Mark, the steps you followed are the exact steps identified in the PCM manual and the exact ones I followed previously except that after pressing "locking" you have the "comfort entry" option and I don't. Apparently neither does Sam so it can't just be a red car, white car thing. I smell another rebate check!

Seriously, this is a hard one to figure out as your seat "remembers" where to move to yet there isn't supposed to be a memory function. If I thought I would actually use that comfort feature I'd show your vid to my service guy and see if there is something that can be activated in PCM by PIWIS.

Anyway, thanks for making the vid; we still have a mystery.
Not a problem mike. Do you have the latest software for your pcm. I recall trying initially to find this function and like you & Sam was not available then I sent it to the dealership 3 days after I took delivery back in January to see if they can activate the phone bluetooth as I had bluetooth available but only for listening to music, and both myself and the dealership thought it could be a software upgrade can achieve this. Well it turns out they can't and I must buy a separate bluetooth module, which is by the way will be finally installed on Monday. However When the car came back I discovered this function is available. I think while they were trying to figure out how to activate bluetooth for the phone, they must have unlocked this feature. I will check my paperwork and see if they reprogrammed my pcm. However can you check your pcm software version number and send it to me and I will do the same, hoping we can solve this mystery. Thanks Mike. Mark
Old 08-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I use the lifter everyday when I drive it. Wouldn't order a car like this without ceramic brakes.

I wish I had ordered the carbon fiber or painted interior trim. I think I am going to buy a set now.

I think I would now prefer the black lights as they are "blacker" than the LED's. It would contrast nicer against the white exterior.
Old 08-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Not a problem mike. Do you have the latest software for your pcm. I recall trying initially to find this function and like you & Sam was not available then I sent it to the dealership 3 days after I took delivery back in January to see if they can activate the phone bluetooth as I had bluetooth available but only for listening to music, and both myself and the dealership thought it could be a software upgrade can achieve this. Well it turns out they can't and I must buy a separate bluetooth module, which is by the way will be finally installed on Monday. However When the car came back I discovered this function is available. I think while they were trying to figure out how to activate bluetooth for the phone, they must have unlocked this feature. I will check my paperwork and see if they reprogrammed my pcm. However can you check your pcm software version number and send it to me and I will do the same, hoping we can solve this mystery. Thanks Mike. Mark
PM sent. For anyone else who wants to check and compare their PCM version, mine is V4.63
Old 08-17-2014, 01:29 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Guys any feed back on blue tooth cell phone connectivity with PCM , On my 997.2 with full nav/PCM
once my android phone was initially paired up, when the phone would ring you just tap PCM screen
to accept the handfree call via blue tooth . Looking for option ordering advise from those who now have the car. Thanks
Old 08-17-2014, 01:44 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

PM sent. For anyone else who wants to check and compare their PCM version, mine is V4.63
Mike, where did you find the version? I went into PCM set-up w/o any luck. Tried a few other options... What's clear is that I don't have the third option on the lock. At least, not that I can see.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:08 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by alaint101
Mike, where did you find the version? I went into PCM set-up w/o any luck. Tried a few other options... What's clear is that I don't have the third option on the lock. At least, not that I can see.
alaint, press INFO, then OPTION. You'll see SYSTEM VERSION. Just select it.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:14 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Guys any feed back on blue tooth cell phone connectivity with PCM , On my 997.2 with full nav/PCM
once my android phone was initially paired up, when the phone would ring you just tap PCM screen
to accept the handfree call via blue tooth . Looking for option ordering advise from those who now have the car. Thanks
Even though the car has Bluetooth, initially you needed $0 option 619 Mobile Phone Prep to pair your phone. I believe that was corrected for later 2014's so that you didn't need the additional option, and for sure has been fixed for 2015's. Can't recall which model year you're getting. Once the phone is paired you can answer calls either by tapping to accept the call on the screen or the off hook hard button on PCM.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:20 PM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts

2015 Blue tooth is standard. About half the time I end up picking it up anyway.

My car will be:
Black.
Nav and Sirius
Sport Chronro
Heated Seats.

That's about it.

I will keep it and the Turbo for awhile.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:23 PM
brass4321
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So what does Telephone Module Option 666 get you? I was never really clear about this one.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:48 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Originally Posted by brass4321
So what does Telephone Module Option 666 get you? I was never really clear about this one.
It's basically a cell phone with Bluetooth capability built into PCM. It has it's own SIM card and uses the car's built in antenna; you don't need to bring along your handset.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:00 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

It's basically a cell phone with Bluetooth capability built into PCM. It has it's own SIM card and uses the car's built in antenna; you don't need to bring along your handset.
Mike Thanks much for this info , my initial build had 619 option
now pushed to 15 , if you can utilize your same cell # with this option 666
that's pretty neat and not a bad value

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Options