Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Action Group - Next Steps

Old 08-20-2014, 02:09 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Capt Mojo
Haku: Just for the record, I still own a 997.2 GT3 and Cayenne with a letter of intent for the Cayman GT4. Furthermore I also hope to buy a Cayenne for my home in Chicago. I'm a longstanding Porsche customer and hope to remain one for the rest of my days. Additionally, the Group has actively helped prevent legal proceedings against dealers and Porsche itself. I've made it clear from the outset that the Group will play not part in that. Finally, Andrew Pine emailed me to say that at least one and hopefully two PCNA executives will meet with us tomorrow. Sorry to read that you won't make it.
Thanks again for all your hard work. I wonder if they will send Ian Moon after all the praise we gave him yesterday? I too wish I could be there, but I have an out of town client I need to meet tomorrow afternoon.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:23 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
Thanks again for all your hard work. I wonder if they will send Ian Moon after all the praise we gave him yesterday? I too wish I could be there, but I have an out of town client I need to meet tomorrow afternoon.
Rest assured that credit will be given where it's due. Some dealers have gone above and beyond to help mitigate the frustration their customers have faced. Certainly feedback suggests that Ian has done a sterling job.
Old 08-20-2014, 02:34 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 391 Likes on 128 Posts

Haku: Just for the record, I still own a 997.2 GT3 and Cayenne with a letter of intent for the Cayman GT4. Furthermore I also hope to buy a Cayenne for my home in Chicago. I'm a longstanding Porsche customer and hope to remain one for the rest of my days. Additionally, the Group has actively helped prevent legal proceedings against dealers and Porsche itself. I've made it clear from the outset that the Group will play not part in that. Finally, Andrew Pine emailed me last night to say that at least one and hopefully two PCNA executives will meet with us tomorrow. Sorry to read that you won't make it.
CM, thank you for the reply. I obviously misunderstood you when we talked about your ownership of Porsche's. I am happy that you remain an owner. I really was saddened to assume that Porsche had lost an avid fan forever!

I'm glad that PCNA aim to meet with you. As per my earlier question, what exactly is the agenda? That way one can determine whether one can in some way contribute to the issue, attend or not.
Old 08-20-2014, 03:55 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Haku
Silverrules, a few days ago I had a very pleasant and long chat with Sunil and can empathize with his personal issues and in particular with his dealings with his lame dealership in the UK. It is regrettable that initially he wasn't dealt with by Porsche UK in reasonable manner. Unfortunately he is also no longer a Porsche owner. So my comments are not to do with his personal undertakings which have of course been commendable.

I also empathize with those who have truly been negatively affected by the stop sale and do hope that each one will be satisfied by all the parties involved.

I have my personal views as to how Porsche AG and PCNA have handled the situation. Some things very well, some things not so. Maybe I'm entirely off the mark, but from a general perspective (not specific cases), PCNA have acted within the bounds of reasonable business practice. I know some may jump on me for stating what I just did but do compare their behavior with their peers in the automotive industry.

So on to my comment about PCNA attending the meeting. With all that has gone on and the very public indications by some to go legal with their issues, I just don't see how PCNA can attend a meeting. I would have thought just from a legal perspective they could be compromising themselves by attending. To add fuel to the fire, there is a possibility for the press to be invited by the organisers! I think many bridges may have been burnt and individual claims need to be dealt with privately. IMO, more can be accomplished that way now and would be a better way to benefit the Porsche community as a whole.

This may sound dumb of me to ask but I remain unclear about the purpose of a "general" (not specific issues) meeting with PCNA. Is it just to tell them what they did wrong?

I therefore will not be attending the meeting.

My flame suit is on and moderators feel free to ban me if you see this post as being inflammatory. It certainly is not intended to be that.

I wish all well.
Totally agree with you on every count. Overall, I think Porsche has done well for its customers, more so than any other car company I have ever dealt with.

I don't even need a flame suit. I am leaving this thread now and going to other threads that actually talk about the actual car and not the company or its business practices.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:23 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Had a nice conversation with Andrew Pine this evening. I looks like he and Tim Quinn are going to be at the meeting tomorrow! Glad to see that and I'm sure some good feedback will be on its way.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:12 AM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Had a nice conversation with Andrew Pine this evening. I looks like he and Tim Quinn are going to be at the meeting tomorrow! Glad to see that and I'm sure some good feedback will be on its way.
Andrew mentioned that he'd been speaking with you. I'm pleased to hear that you had a good conversation.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:31 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Sunil, gents, all the best for the meeting. I'm sorry I cannot attend (wrong hemisphere for me I am afraid). My thoughts will be with you. Without crusaders where would the world be?
Old 08-21-2014, 10:06 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Andrew mentioned that he'd been speaking with you. I'm pleased to hear that you had a good conversation.
Very constructive! I hope you have a great meeting this morning!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Dude-
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck gents.
Old 08-21-2014, 04:03 PM
sgroer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,013 Likes on 280 Posts

I am sure Sunil will update people appropriately, but overall I thought it was a fairly productive and honest meeting.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
I am sure Sunil will update people appropriately, but overall I thought it was a fairly productive and honest meeting.
Were you there and if so who from PCNA?
Old 08-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Without crusaders where would the world be?
Mark, trust me, you don't want an answer to that interesting question...

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Eduardo. I was trying to avoid the obvious crusader connotation and was leaning more on the generally accepted definition...but yes you are right!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:25 AM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

No news on today's meeting?
Old 08-22-2014, 03:59 AM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Originally Posted by sgroer
Agreed. It was a pleasure meeting youand the rest of the guys as well.

Originally Posted by Nick
Were you there and if so who from PCNA?
We had two meetings and both were with Tim Quinn, VP AfterSales and Andrew Pine, Director of Customer Relations of PCNA. We had a pre-meet on Wednesday evening for an hour and a half and another Group meeting this morning for almost 3 hours.

Originally Posted by JCBH
No news on today's meeting?
All of us bar one have been in transit back from Atlanta today. I don't know about the others but I'm exhausted. Suffice to say for now that we all felt it was very informative, constructive and worth the trip. In fact it was worth the trip just to meet up with everyone.

Sorry for the delay but I'll write up a report just as soon as I can.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3 Action Group - Next Steps