Sponsored by:

GT3 Action Group - Next Steps

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 01:34 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
Glad all of you are getting better luck with Andrew, he called me twice today. He still will not come clean as to why my car is sitting at the port for the past week and why it is expected to be there another 3 weeks. This is after the engine was replaced at the factory. My speculation is my car was damaged in transit and they are trying to fix it. My dealer is thinking the same as his Regional Rep will not tell him a thing. This is after a boat came in after the boat my car was on and his GT3 was delivered last week. I am very close to telling Andrew to keep my car.
Got to admit, that sounds fishy to me. That said, my recollection was that damage over a certain amount had to be disclosed to the buyer, repaired at the port or not.

Did the GT3 which arrived at port after yours and then went on to the dealer, also have its engine replaced in Germany?

I am sorry getting this car has proved such an ordeal for you.
Old 08-19-2014, 01:42 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silverrules
Hey there Mark, Today Ian called 1st followed by Andrew who is up the chain. They were both very nice. We had a long discussion. I want to make Sure Sunil plans are not jeopardized by me talking too much here Gotta keep everybody happy. Perhaps we need to go back to our action group and discuss it there some more. It's all good. Thanks for sharing your insight.
Hi silver I could not agree more. PM sent.

Mark
Old 08-19-2014, 01:49 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad all of you are getting better luck with Andrew, he called me twice today. He still will not come clean as to why my car is sitting at the port for the past week and why it is expected to be there another 3 weeks. This is after the engine was replaced at the factory. My speculation is my car was damaged in transit and they are trying to fix it. My dealer is thinking the same as his Regional Rep will not tell him a thing. This is after a boat came in after the boat my car was on and his GT3 was delivered last week. I am very close to telling Andrew to keep my car.
Hi clocked
Sorry to hear about the delay with your car. Really inexcusable!!!

As for us getting better luck. As they say talk is cheap. Let's see if they follow through. Our experience with them has not been good, but it is good to see they are trying. This is why it is critical to continue with our plans to attend the meeting. For me, it would not be enough if they just fixed my issues. We started this as a team to address all of our concerns and until everyone one of us concerns are addressed, we are staying the course. My post was just a quick update but if you have noticed I stated that I am still going forward with attending the meeting. Rest assured we are in this together.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:13 AM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Talked to Andrew yesterday. I was a little surprised by the hesitation from anyone at PCNA to attend the meeting on Thursday. I told him this was would be a positive event; it's not a bitch session.

I also confirmed I've already paid for flights so I'm going and I was hoping someone would find time in the day to sit down with us. I even suggested they come during lunch break if their schedules are so busy.

The disappointment was the constant hesitation regarding busy schedules but, well, I'm not in their shoes.

I explained to him that when any of my customers call, I always welcome the opportunity to talk with them and that I'd be disappointed to find out they can't find some time. With a two week notice... See you guys there.

Cheers
Alain
Old 08-19-2014, 09:11 AM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify, my car has already been sitting at the port for 3 weeks. Thus what they are telling me it will sit at the port in RI for 6 weeks collecting dust. I don't buy it at all.

mssmcs1: The car that arrived after mine that was delivered did have the engine replaced in Germany.

regarding Pine, I have had several conversation with him over the course of the GT3 problem. I don't trust him anymore than I trust a sleazy sales person. He has never come through with anything he told me.

Regarding Thursday I am doing whatever I can to change a business meeting to be there to talk about Fairness. PNA of course has people that can meet on Thursday. Ask Andrew this the next time he calls, "Andrew if you can't make it does it mean your entire corporate office is closed Thursday?" Again another thing to ask yourself, what is he and others at PNA afraid of? The truth coming out.

Sorry if I am coming off very frustrated, I am due to NO answers to very simple questions. I am very suspicious that my car has been damaged and that is the hold up. Just be upfront PNA but again that is not in your DNA.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:25 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Update: Pine called me today to ask more about this meeting coming up and told him its about Fairness and not a "bitch" session. I told him it is critical that PNA have someone there. He will have someone there.

Please do your best to make the meeting. This is the chance many of you have asked for and thanks to Sunil we all have our chance and opportunity to discuss Fairness with PNA.

Thank you all.
Old 08-19-2014, 03:28 PM
Terrence
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

You guys are paying to fly to and stay in Atlanta just to hopefully talk to a Porsche employee? To do what? What can you possibly get out of them to make this trip worthwhile? To get more money than $2000 a month? Is that the incentive?
Old 08-19-2014, 03:35 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Clocked - your car is not damaged. You do not have to worry about that. I have done my share of waiting, as well. I think they are probably making sure that most of the port cars that were supposed to be delivered to Customers before yours' are done first. That is no excuse for them but this is my assumption
Old 08-19-2014, 03:47 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

At this point, I wonder how many engine replacements still need to happen at port? It would make no sense to me, to hold a car that is ready to go out of fairness, since shipping a completed car would have no impact on a car still requiring an engine replacement.

Jimmy do you have your car? If so, I must have missed it.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:13 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

I wish I could make it to Atlanta, if for no other reason than to meet everyone in person, but my daughter is getting married next weekend. Too much to do....
Old 08-19-2014, 04:21 PM
alaint101
Racer

Originally Posted by Terrence
You guys are paying to fly to and stay in Atlanta just to hopefully talk to a Porsche employee? To do what? What can you possibly get out of them to make this trip worthwhile? To get more money than $2000 a month? Is that the incentive?
Nope. It's not about money. It's about sharing information to enhance the experience for all on both sides.

It may seem ridiculous but I for one like p cars. As w/ any other organization, my appreciation for the organization is equally important. That's why I no longer give my business to - or recommend to the many who ask - BMW.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:25 PM
alaint101
Racer

Originally Posted by alaint101
Nope. It's not about money. It's about sharing information to enhance the experience for all on both sides. It may seem ridiculous but I for one like p cars. As w/ any other organization, my appreciation for the organization is equally important. That's why I no longer give my business to - or recommend to the many who ask - BMW.
re-reading myself, the note isn't very clear.

What I was trying to say was that I want (need) Porsche to keep doing some things they've done well but improve others. That matters to how I view them and whether I want to do business with them.

BMW failed in the relationship management part and didn't want to even discuss the matter so I terminated all business with them.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:29 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

Update: Pine called me today to ask more about this meeting coming up and told him its about Fairness and not a "bitch" session. I told him it is critical that PNA have someone there. He will have someone there.

Please do your best to make the meeting. This is the chance many of you have asked for and thanks to Sunil we all have our chance and opportunity to discuss Fairness with PNA.

Thank you all.
Gary, Mark and Sunil we need to give details. If someone from PCNA is attending we need to make a good showing. I wasn't sure the meeting was going to happen since I have not heard from anyone regarding the meeting or that PCNA will attend. That is a game changer.

I agree it should not be a bitch session and is it becomes one it needs to be shut down. Like many in the Compensation group this is all about fairness.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:56 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
I wish I could make it to Atlanta, if for no other reason than to meet everyone in person, but my daughter is getting married next weekend. Too much to do....
OT-Congrats Mike!
Old 08-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Sierra Mike
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Terrence
If you have to ask, you're missing the point entirely. It's not about money but treating customers right. I gave $9,200 from my compensation to charity and, since I'm not a US customer, I don't get a penny from this. We're asking Porsche to match charitable donations if you're interested.

We're going to Atlanta to meet up with each other. We've invited Porsche as a courtesy to offer the Group's feedback. They can attend or not but it speaks volumes if they don't when we're on their doorstep.

Andrew Pine emailed me yesterday evening and I will reply to him later today.

Quick Reply: GT3 Action Group - Next Steps