Sponsored by:

Cat "C" people unite here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2014, 11:09 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Thanks Guys! I have never waited so long for something to buy like this in my whole life. A little over a month away and I can taste it.
It is so worth the wait! I haven't driven mine the last two days as we have heavy ash coming down from the king fire! I'm chomping at the bit!
Old 09-19-2014, 08:57 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Thanks Guys! I have never waited so long for something to buy like this in my whole life.
A little over a month away and I can taste it.
Its all part of a very special experience. A couple of years ago I ordered and waited 3 months for my last C2S to get built and delivered. The school-boyish anticipation and general daydreaming of getting the car was something I will always treasure.

The journey this time around is enhanced by the fact that for most of us who've ordered the 991 GT3 it's been a windy and at times an uncertain road. Getting it is going to be a special and memorable experience. Enjoy it all!
Old 10-02-2014, 09:36 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok fellas... we are getting close! 3-4 weeks from getting here with the first 2015's.
Several of us are waiting to board ship, some are on the ship I think.
Let us know your ship status when you get it. I think my ship is Onyx Ace, I hope.
It goes to Davisville and then on to Houston. I can think of 3 of us that should be on that ship.
We can party all the way across the Atlantic together!
Old 10-02-2014, 10:16 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

As Rob has stated , as too for me a first in my life time experience to be awaiting such a great car

and having had it built to order how very cool and accomplished is that !

And I am doing so , having never driven or ridden in this new machine , I have only experienced the 997.2 /3

I haven't even driven or ridden in the 991s either , I had numerous opportunities too however

I am going for total shock and awe / OMG effect

My question is: Do I have fellow "C Lister's " in the same camp or am I so foolhardy on my own ?

At 57 it's great to feel like a kid !

Cheers to fast Ships and following seas !!!!!

Last edited by R.Deacon; 10-02-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Old 10-02-2014, 10:31 AM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Well, I'm in the same camp! I ordered mine over a year ago
and never had driven any GT3 variant when I ordered it.
But I knew about the brand having had a 964 C4 for about 8 years.
Then I went down to Barber for PSDS and got to drive it full out.
There was NO doubt I had made a fantastic decision buying this car!
I think many of us are around the same age. I'm 59.
I could not justify spending 160k on a car any earlier than now.
I wish I could have, but with 4 kids in private school and expensive
Universities, and upgrade to wife 2.0, it wasn't happnin'!
FREE WILLIE! Here we go!
Godspeed fellas!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:22 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Congratulations guys! I am super stoked for you!

Ditto on first P-car. And first new car configured the way I wanted. First new car period. In fact, first car that's not really crumby (ok, so my wife has a nice little c class Mercedes; I currently even occasionally drive an old civic I bought used as a student for $2900.00 (we have to sell that thing, my wife won't go near it!)). So I'm really excited to be getting a GT3! My brother has a 997.1 RS that I've driven on occasion, but this will be a whole other ball park for me.

I think we have all walks on this board. I'm 39. With the stop sale and all that's gone on I have been thinking about this for a while and now am looking forward to, well,... February. So it'll be a big change for me. But a pretty awesome new experience.

BTW, I've been looking into PSDS, even though it's on the opposite side of the continent to me. Any recommendations? Should I skip the 1 day course and go straight to the 2 day course? Is there something I should be doing before going there? I've done some fairly basic skid pad stuff, etc a while ago. Thanks for any advice!
Old 10-02-2014, 11:27 AM
zedcat
Rennlist Member

Received 410 Likes on 295 Posts

My car is at Emden now. According to status report it should leave tomorrow and due Houston on Halloween. At dealer 11/7.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:46 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 456 Likes on 252 Posts

My first Pcar too. Waiting for the shock and awe in December. Haven't been able to drive one, but did get a chance to drive the 918.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
As Rob has stated , as too for me a first in my life time experience to be awaiting such a great car..... I am going for total shock and awe / OMG effect....

At 57 it's great to feel like a kid !
Total AMAZING shock coming your way for sure!!!!
You couldn't have entered into the world of Porsche ownership in a better way.

Well, I'm in the same camp! I ordered mine over a year ago
and never had driven any GT3 variant when I ordered it.
I think many of us are around the same age. I'm 59.
I could not justify spending 160k on a car any earlier than now.
I wish I could have, but with 4 kids in private school and expensive
Universities, and upgrade to wife 2.0, it wasn't happnin'!
What a huge accomplishment on things that are so important like family! You deserve a massive pat on the back and what a way to reward yourself... get that GT3!!!

I'm very happy for you.

Originally Posted by <3mph
Ditto on first P-car. And first new car configured the way I wanted. First new car period. ....

I think we have all walks on this board. I'm 39. ...

BTW, I've been looking into PSDS, even though it's on the opposite side of the continent to me. Any recommendations? Should I skip the 1 day course and go straight to the 2 day course? Is there something I should be doing before going there? I've done some fairly basic skid pad stuff, etc a while ago. Thanks for any advice!
Congratulations! You do know that once you've gone down the "order your Porsche to your spec" route you're forever spoilt! There are few things in ones automotive life that match the experience.

Def do the PSDS. Def do the 2 day if you can. Their courses are probably the best "accessory" a Porsche enthusiast should invest in. The instructors and the venue are second to none.

February will be here pronto! Until then enjoy the anticipation and let your imagination run wild.

Originally Posted by zedcat
My car is at Emden now. According to status report it should leave tomorrow and due Houston on Halloween. At dealer 11/7.
Oh, its all getting close for you now! Fair weather and safe sailing!

Originally Posted by mwar99
My first Pcar too. Waiting for the shock and awe in December. Haven't been able to drive one, but did get a chance to drive the 918.
Bang for buck vs the 918 I think the GT3 will be a bargain. I confident that you're going to love the visceral drive the GT3.

To all:

I'm thrilled for all who are waiting for their beauties to turn up. We are a lucky bunch. I'm 55 and over the past 7 years have been fortunate to have owned a variety of 911's. Every one of them has been fantastic and I expect the 991 GT3 to be no different.

My car gets its VIN tomorrow and then off to Emden to hopefully sail with fellow companeros!

I wishing good things GT3 for all group "C'ers".
Old 10-02-2014, 08:57 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

I did the 2 day Performance class and the 2 day Masters back to back.
I recommend the 2 day class because you get much more driving time than a one day. The Masters second day has a lot of open track time sessions with passing.
You really don't get that with the 1 day as you are learning the track most of
the time. Plus you get a discount doing 2 classes back to back.
You don't really need to do anything before you get there. The instructors are fantastic. You get skid pad work and autocross work too.
I had so much fun that I'm going back in 2 weeks for the Cup experience.
Old 10-02-2014, 11:54 PM
<3mph
Drifting

I did the 2 day Performance class and the 2 day Masters back to back.
I recommend the 2 day class because you get much more driving time than a one day. The Masters second day has a lot of open track time sessions with passing.
You really don't get that with the 1 day as you are learning the track most of
the time. Plus you get a discount doing 2 classes back to back.
You don't really need to do anything before you get there. The instructors are fantastic. You get skid pad work and autocross work too.
I had so much fun that I'm going back in 2 weeks for the Cup experience.
Originally Posted by Haku
Def do the PSDS. Def do the 2 day if you can. Their courses are probably the best "accessory" a Porsche enthusiast should invest in. The instructors and the venue are second to none.

February will be here pronto! Until then enjoy the anticipation and let your imagination run wild.
Thanks so much for the excellent advice! Now I just have to figure out when I can get out of work to go.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:09 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 456 Likes on 252 Posts

Thanks so much for the excellent advice! Now I just have to figure out when I can get out of work to go.
+1

I may have to wait a year but I am very interested in doing the same...
Old 10-03-2014, 12:16 AM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by mwar99
+1

I may have to wait a year but I am very interested in doing the same...
Might be interesting to see if they would do a special day for new GT3 owners. I read somewhere that they do corporate/special events. If there was a fair bit of interest, I wonder whether the cost would be comparable to organize a day for ourselves. I understand the groups are up to 30 people in size so presumably it would need about that many.

On a similar note, I was under the impression PCNA was still looking at compensation for cat C people. Seeing as our cars are due to arrive starting soon, does anyone know what sort of compensation might be offered? There was talk about a PSDS/PEC experience as one way to build good will with us. If you're listening in, please PAG/PCNA consider this as an idea that perhaps a few of us would really really dig!
Old 10-03-2014, 01:07 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Might be interesting to see if they would do a special day for new GT3 owners. I read somewhere that they do corporate/special events. If there was a fair bit of interest, I wonder whether the cost would be comparable to organize a day for ourselves. I understand the groups are up to 30 people in size so presumably it would need about that many.

On a similar note, I was under the impression PCNA was still looking at compensation for cat C people. Seeing as our cars are due to arrive starting soon, does anyone know what sort of compensation might be offered? There was talk about a PSDS/PEC experience as one way to build good will with us. If you're listening in, please PAG/PCNA consider this as an idea that perhaps a few of us would really really dig!
this would be just a blast and such brand building fun for those that stood by in confidence with Porsche to deliver , a spring event would be
well timed for our group allowing time for delivery and break in with a little
seat time prior to the privilege for such instruction,
that would surely be a big hit with no passport needed especially if we all
drove/trailed this epic new car there ,and a nice little press opp.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:55 AM
Lancia550
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car was signed off production on 26th Sept and sent to Emden where it has remained for a week with some others "undergoing further quality checks" at the port. Has anyone else on here been involved or aware of this and can shed any light on what it means? Thanks.

Quick Reply: Cat "C" people unite here!