Sponsored by:

Cat "C" people unite here!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 10:54 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Zucc
There was some literature that listed the memory function on the 18 way Adaptive Sport Seats. For whatever reason they are not included on GT3's. Although if it makes anyone feel better they are only charging $2635 for *** on the GT3. On the Carrera and Carrera S they charge $3825.
Thank you for that info. I had no idea! I guess we'll just have to exercise our nimble fingers a wee bit more eh?!

...but I did like the thought of those extra buttons!
Old 08-01-2014, 01:28 PM
armbar
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok. Thanks for your thoughts guys.
Old 08-02-2014, 10:41 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Cat C guy here.

My quest started in June of 2013. Basically late to the 991 GT3 party I called 50 Porsche dealers all over the East Coast of the US. A couple of stealers offered at 5 to 20k over MSRP. I found one dealer who offered me an allocation at straight MSRP. Placed a deposit with this dealer June 2013, told it was a March build. Fast forward to January 2014, dealer starts to fess up that allocation is actually for late 2014. Fully felt like a bait and switch, either they were hoping for an extra allocation or they led me on the whole time.

Was fortunate to see an offer here on Rennlist from another dealer who had a couple of extra allocations drop. Immediately sent text, email and left a voicemail - pretty sure I sounded desperate ... I was, though I never could have conceived of the journey to come. This dealer took my build and immediately gave me a commission number. Only after receiving the commission number did I cancel the deposit with the first dealer.

So my 2014 build was set for an April lock, May build, and June delivery.

Of course we all know the history of the stop sale. March and April pass and then I get the commission number for the MY2015 build. At first it hangs out in the V170 PAG Handling required state. Finally in June it settled to a 7/31 lock, September build and 11/15 dealer stock date.

Couple of weeks back we decide to change exterior color and request two CXX custom tailoring options. Build has now slid to a September lock and December in stock date.

If this car didn't tick all the boxes on what we want, we would have moved on to another Mark.

Ryan
Old 08-02-2014, 11:05 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by reidry
... Finally in June it settled to a 7/31 lock, September build and 11/15 dealer stock date.

Couple of weeks back we decide to change exterior color and request two CXX custom tailoring options. Build has now slid to a September lock and December in stock date.

If this car didn't tick all the boxes on what we want, we would have moved on to another Mark.

Ryan
I'm here to make you feel better Ryan. My original March 2014 completion is now reportedly a mid Nov 2014 freeze and mid Feb 2015 delivery! I haven't heard of a later cat C delivery than that (anybody? anybody?). Feels like we will be in and amongst the true 2015 allocations by then.
Old 08-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 419 Likes on 139 Posts

Does anyone have any idea on how many GT3's (worldwide, and US) have been allocated and how many of them are yet to be built.
Old 08-03-2014, 12:13 PM
G car
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Was 14 April now 2015 build Aug delivery 12 Sept( last I heard)
Old 08-03-2014, 01:29 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by G car
Was 14 April now 2015 build Aug delivery 12 Sept( last I heard)
Lucky you! Your Aug production must be one of the first 2015 builds once the factory resumes after the summer shutdown. Maybe they're going back to work early! Not long for you now!
Old 08-03-2014, 01:33 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Originally Posted by reidry
Couple of weeks back we decide to change exterior color and request two CXX custom tailoring options.
BTW Ryan, I'm quite curious and I should have asked earlier: of the CXX options, which did you request and which were granted? Thanks! I had asked about the yellow centre marker stripe on the steering wheel and have not yet heard back about whether this would be permitted.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:45 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by <3mph
BTW Ryan, I'm quite curious and I should have asked earlier: of the CXX options, which did you request and which were granted? Thanks! I had asked about the yellow centre marker stripe on the steering wheel and have not yet heard back about whether this would be permitted.
Here is my complete configuration.

Exterior Color - Racing Yellow (P3)
Interior Color - Leather Interior in Black/Alcantara® with Stitching in Platinum Grey (78)

Exterior
Automatically Dimming Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor (P13)
Extended Range Fuel Tank (082)
Bi-Xenon™ Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS) (XEX)
Headlight Cleaning System Covers in Deviated Exterior Color - Black (CGU)

Performance
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) (250)
Front Axle Lift System (474)

Wheels
20" GT3 Wheels
Painted High Gloss Black

Interior
Smoking Package (583)
Seat Belts in Racing Yellow (XHN)
Sport Seats Plus (4-way) (P05)
Luggage Net in Passenger Footwell (581)
Light Design Package (630)
Floor Mats (810)
Vehicle Key Painted (CPK)

Interior Leather
Center Console Trim in Leather (XHB)

Audio and Communications
Sound Package Plus (490)
Voice Control (671)
Sport Chrono Package incl. Porsche Track Precision App (643)
Porsche Communication Management (PCM) incl. Navigation Module (P23)

On wheel color, after much consideration we decided on gloss black.

I requested the following CXX options from Porsche Exclusive:

1. Sideview mirrors either lower portion of mirror in high gloss black
2. Wing end plates done in black

Similar to the affect on this car which was posted in the PTS thread

The mirror option has been granted, still waiting to hear on the wing end plates.

Ryan
Old 08-03-2014, 01:54 PM
<3mph
Drifting

^Awesome, Ryan! Superb build and great to hear that you've been given the mirror option (nice resemblance to bigger brother RS, at least if the photo of the model is anything to go on)!! I noticed you stated you finally chose to go with the black wheels, but that your build spec above still lists Stock Platinum Color. Is that a typo? Also, can you PM me your contact, in case they can help me with my CXX request please? Also, please post when they rule on the wing end plates. I'd be interested to hear what they say about that. Thanks!!
Old 08-03-2014, 01:58 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by <3mph
^Awesome, Ryan! Superb build and great to hear that you've been given the mirror option (nice resemblance to bigger brother RS, at least if the photo of the model is anything to go on)!! I noticed you stated you finally chose to go with the black wheels, but that your build spec above still lists Stock Platinum Color. Is that a typo? Also, can you PM me your contact, in case they can help me with my CXX request please? Also, please post when they rule on the wing end plates. I'd be interested to hear what they say about that. Thanks!!
Yeah, cut and paste typo, fixed it. We are going with black wheels.

I will send you a PM.

Ryan
Old 08-03-2014, 02:46 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 166 Likes on 84 Posts

Ryan, I know you went back and forth on the color; glad you and your wife settled on yellow...it will be spectacular!
Old 08-03-2014, 03:35 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Ryan, I know you went back and forth on the color; glad you and your wife settled on yellow...it will be spectacular!
Thanks Mike, we hope so. If this picture is any indication it's going to be awesome...

Ryan
Old 08-03-2014, 03:44 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

The first GT3 my Dealer go back in early Dec was a Racing Yellow Gt3. It was ordered by the Owner of Dealership. It is a really nice looking yellow. At first I did not think I would like it but my eyes kept drawing towards it. There was also a GT Silver one next to it but I could not stop looking at the racing yellow one
Old 08-03-2014, 04:27 PM
<3mph
Drifting

^While I had photoshop open... (hope I got the details right)
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Cat "C" people unite here!