Sponsored by:

Two Pedals

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 12:23 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
If the vehicle I'm driving is two pedals, I'm left foot braking. I don't even think about it, it's just so natural. What's been challenging is trying to LFB in three pedal cars. I can do it in certain situations, but there is something about the distance my left foot has to travel on the three pedal car that makes it more unnatural for me. I guess it's just muscle memory from the wide brake pedal in all the two pedal cars. But I'm still working on it!
It sure takes 100% focus, or you'll find yourself braking the clutch, and that never turns out good.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:45 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

I tried full-time left foot braking in my previous car (DCT M3), and it was definitely faster. Particularly in long sweepers or carousel-type turns, where having no pause between braking and throttle allows for higher minimum speeds in turns.

But I found one issue, which is still an issue with GT3, but to a lesser degree - the brake pedal is set to the right a bit too much, requiring to twist the body for left-foot braking. I get tension and eventually pain in lower back after 10-15 minutes. Anyone else has this problem?
Old 07-25-2014, 03:48 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might have to put an extension on the brake pedal.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:39 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=TRAKCAR;11530308]No no I data gap when foot does from throttle to brake and vice versa.
Some overlap (limited possible in GT3) can keep the car planted a bit better
[QUOTE]

That is what I was told.
Old 07-25-2014, 07:33 PM
AGO
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Left foot braking w/o a clucth on the way is the main reason why I'm seriously considering the 991 GT3.
It should be smoother and with better ability to partially overlap gas/brake as needed or wanted.

More feedback please from those left foot braking all times on the 991 GT3...

JC
Old 07-25-2014, 08:33 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
I tried full-time left foot braking in my previous car (DCT M3), and it was definitely faster. Particularly in long sweepers or carousel-type turns, where having no pause between braking and throttle allows for higher minimum speeds in turns. But I found one issue, which is still an issue with GT3, but to a lesser degree - the brake pedal is set to the right a bit too much, requiring to twist the body for left-foot braking. I get tension and eventually pain in lower back after 10-15 minutes. Anyone else has this problem?
Yes I have same problem. Long legs too so holding my leg in that position for a while when street driving is a PITA. Doesn't feel natural. I'll try LFB next time I'm on the track as I can see the benefits during transition on the sweeper but might only use it there and a couple of other places....
Old 07-25-2014, 10:07 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
Yes I have same problem. Long legs too so holding my leg in that position for a while when street driving is a PITA. Doesn't feel natural. I'll try LFB next time I'm on the track as I can see the benefits during transition on the sweeper but might only use it there and a couple of other places....
Same here....also with the long legs....
Old 07-26-2014, 10:53 AM
MileHigh911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With my soon to be gone PDK 09 C2S, I would always LFB for trail braking. It really allowed me to bring the rear engine weight forward, plant the front wheels, and when transitioned perfectly would transfer the weight slowly back to the middle of the car at apex, and rear by exit. That is the 911 "dance" I love. I wouldn't say that there was an overlap all the time, but just having your feet ready for what the chassis was telling you it needed. That's why I would rather track a rear engine car than any other. Front engine guys only get to brake in a straight line, turn the car, and baby the right pedal upon exit. On track, near the limits, a driver of a rear engine car must think differently than a front engine car.

Quick Reply: Two Pedals