Exotics Racing

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 11:52 PM
cingulus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exotics Racing

Hey,

Heading to Exotics Racing in Las Vegas to try the new GT3 this weekend. $350 for 5 laps.

http://www.exoticsracing.com/Racing-...experience.htm
Old 07-23-2014, 12:10 AM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts

That is a lot of money for 5 laps. You can potentially pay for the car pretty quickly at that price!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:53 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

I would definitely pick a Scud among those.. That car is very special to drive. I rented one for 30 minutes in bologna once and felt like I was in something truly exotic.

If that track weren't round it would actually be a decent value
Old 07-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Sounds like a good time - enjoy!

My only advice would be to avoid the Aventador. I drove one at a dealer demo event and it's the worst supercar I've ever driven. Just terrible. Sounds good though.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:52 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I was there in June. They didn't have the GT3 at that time. I drove the Scuderia for 5 laps,loved it and then took another 5 in the same car.
I wasn't interested in driving any other cars they have there. Unless they'll have a Speciale one day...
I was lucky to get an instructor that allowed me to push the car a bit. Maybe they're all like that, although I doubt it...
The track is short,you should be able to do a lap in less than a minute. I've been told the track record is 49s. My best time was 58s. I'm curious to hear what you'll do in the GT3. Please report back.

Enjoy!
Old 07-23-2014, 02:21 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 719 Likes on 394 Posts

I would suggest doing a few laps in one of the less expensive cars first to learn the track. Then you can really push the GT3. Or 458, 12C, etc.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:11 AM
Dude-
Pro

Serge is right, avoid the aventador. The yellow 458 has an aftermarket exhaust and its the loudest one. They are also giving away 5 laps on the r8 for 100-150.00 after your initial run. Have fun out there, I had a great time.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:14 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

For someone who has never driven a v 12 Lamborghini, I'm very curious what it means when you say it's a terrible supercar. I mean, we can't actually be terrible in the sense that it doesn't handle, and it's powerful, stops well, Itmust be decently capable entering a turn… I honestly I'm curious what that feels like to say that is terrible
Old 07-23-2014, 03:30 AM
Dude-
Pro

I wouldn't say its terrible but I for one was very disappointed. The car felt heavy and was not as exciting as the 458 and the leggera. It did have great acceleration on the straights which I got up to 125 as opposed to the 120 on the 458.
The only thing I got out of it was to say that I drove one but the experience was not what I expected. Good but not great.

Im far far far from being remotely qualified to be even a novice driver so its only my opinion.

Last edited by Dude-; 07-23-2014 at 05:05 AM.
Old 07-23-2014, 06:03 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 07-23-2014, 06:25 AM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
For someone who has never driven a v 12 Lamborghini, I'm very curious what it means when you say it's a terrible supercar. I mean, we can't actually be terrible in the sense that it doesn't handle, and it's powerful, stops well, Itmust be decently capable entering a turn… I honestly I'm curious what that feels like to say that is terrible
Having driven both Aventador and more recently a Murcielago SV, for shear theater these cars are good, but other than that not much. The engine is not immediate to respond. The steering has quick response but I can't be precise with it. The chassis balance is not adjustable, the steering is is overly heavy (on the SV). I found that both cars drove similar despite a generation. These are not driver's cars to say the least.

Now I can't say the same for a Gallardo because I find them marvelous all round, albeit could be a bit better on chassis control, nevertheless the car is great. One of the more fun drives iv ever had.
Old 07-27-2014, 02:37 PM
cingulus
Racer

I posted this on another thread, but...

So I finally got a chance to drive the new GT3 today and on a track to boot 

The car was a rental at ExoticsRacing in Las Vegas. I got to drive it back-to-back with a 458. If you have a chance, you should go out and drive the GT3 this way. Here are my impressions:
1. Steering – The steering is so precise the only thing I can compare it to is the 458. It really is point and shoot. Compared to my M3, which I have tracked many times, the steering is so much more capable, I had to re-learn how to steer a car. I had about 20 laps in the car and it took me about 10 to really trust the GT3 and to drive it as hard as I dared. My first laps on the 1.2 mile course were about 1:03 and once I just let the car do what it was designed to, my times dropped to about 55 seconds. The car just feels so good and I sure with time I could shave another 4-5 seconds of that time as I get better at judging break points. You really can just become one with the machine.
2. Power – As you would expect, plenty of power in car and it is readily available. It feels like more power than the numbers would indicate on paper. The PDK gives you so much control over how you apply power, it feels like magic. If you like lots of absolute muscle you will be disappointed in the car. It would not keep up with the 458 on the 1800m long straight, but it really caught up with them in the corners. I also found the low-speed power around the paddock to be “just right.”
3. PDK – I have had the chance to drive the GTR, 997.2 Turbo, 458, Lambo Superleggera, R8 V10 and GT3, all of which have paddles, at Exotics Racing over the past few months and the GT3 PDK is as good as it gets. The 458 is just as fast, but not as smooth. I have always driven manuals, just because I could. I don’t have a big bias either way, and I can tell you I did not miss the manual at all today over my laps. The PDK gave me absolute control over the car and it really became intuitive for me very quickly. The added bonus is my wife can drive the new GT3, of course, I hope does not like it too much.
4. Brakes – This car had steel brakes which is how mine will come. I am sure the PCCBs are great, but I could not find any faults with the steel brakes. Obviously, with this car being a rental the ride along instructor made sure I braked early enough to not take any real risks. It was clear that the brakes could be pushed much harder. We did 10 laps, took a break for about 5 minutes and then 10 more, I could not feel any fade at all.
5. Overall Ride – It felt about the same as my M3 that has KW3 coil-overs and extra sway bars, stiff but livable for a daily drive. I left OC at 7:30 am, drove 250 miles to Vegas, stopped for lunch ,hit the track at 1 pm and did my laps over 45 minutes and felt fine when I got out of the GT3. It was just like my M3. I then drove home 250 miles and was home by 7:30 pm no worse for the ware.
6. Seats – They felt good to me. I am 5’ 8” and 250, so it passed the “fat-***” factor. After about 20 laps I felt no issues and it was very comfortable. The leg bolsters left plenty of room and side bolsters hugged the ribs very well. I did not slide around at all.
7. Visibility – I did have to lift the seat up to get the right sight lines out of the car so I would guess for the taller guys it would be good.
The GT3 and 458 are the best cars I have ever driven. I must confess I could only afford a GT3, but I think that even if the 458 was an option for me I would still get a GT3.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:01 PM
cingulus
Racer

Video my GT3 laps
Old 07-27-2014, 06:31 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it would be great to try out the GT3. I did 458 3 years ago there. But by far dream racing in Vegas is a better option. Full race f430 GT with full slicks. I was at dream racing last year.

http://www.dreamracing.com/the-experiences/

Old 07-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Serge944
Rennlist Member

Received 55 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Everything the car does is terrible. The steering is terrible. The transmission is terrible (single clutch worse than an e60 m5). Visibility is terrible. Interior is cheap audi parts bin. You're in a coffin with a big engine strapped to it. I've never walked away from a "sports car" with this much disgust.

After my driving experience, MT's take on the car totally mirrors my sentiment: http://www.motortrend.com/features/p...r/viewall.html

Quick Reply: Exotics Racing