Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My GT3 euro delivery adventure

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 05:42 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

so in the parking lot there are alot of Porsches, the GT3 RS was in a a group of cars from Spain, some guys from Norway asked if they could ride along with me, I said sure. More and more cars show up and finally its 6 oclock, you use this plastic "ring card" to enter the track, i press the sport button and the shock stffness button....
Old 07-17-2014, 05:46 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by <3mph
Brings back lots of great memories. Thanks for the write up. Hopefully the rain lets up and you get a chance to explore the car's limits a little more. How are the tires in the wet for you BTW? Enjoy your trip!!
the wet tyre performance was impressive, my current 996 GT2 is rarely/never driven in the rain the once or twice Ive been caught out in it, it was totally hydroplane city, the GT3 was drivable and i cruised easily 80-90 mph
Old 07-17-2014, 06:10 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Good to hear. I live in a pretty rainy part of the world! Thanks again for your posts. Happy travels!
Old 07-17-2014, 06:53 PM
nash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Nice write-up. I was at the Museum on the 8th and on the Ring the 9th & 10th - looks like we just missed each other! I saw a few P-cars waiting for Tourist Laps at the Ring, but not 991 GT3s.
Old 07-17-2014, 07:48 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nash
Nice write-up. I was at the Museum on the 8th and on the Ring the 9th & 10th - looks like we just missed each other! I saw a few P-cars waiting for Tourist Laps at the Ring, but not 991 GT3s.
wow small world, I was at museum on the 8th around 330 pm
Old 07-17-2014, 07:56 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

so I roar onto the track hoping hours of playstation play has paid off, cameras are not allowed, but everyone seems to have one, a few cars zip by me, I don't care Im here for me, the car moves, its responsive perfectly weighted steering becomes evident, the track is mostly dry, I can feel slight losses in traction with the shifts, its not bad the cars electronic nannies don't seem to be intrusive in any way, there are crowds of people watching, keep in mind where they are watching is areas where people usually loose it

Last edited by dark knight; 12-04-2014 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:06 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
so I roar onto the track hoping hours of playstation play has paid off, cameras are not allowed, but everyone seems to have one, a few cars zip by me, I don't care Im here for me, the car moves, its responsive perfectly weighted steering becomes evident, the track is mostly dry, I can feel slight losses in traction with the shifts, its not bad the cars electronic nannies don't seem to be intrusive in any way, there are crowds of people watching, keep in mind where they are watching is areas where people usually loose it
Fantastic!!! You should blow this picture up and frame it!! Congrats again.

Edit: but photoshop the BMW part
Old 07-17-2014, 08:36 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

yup, Im gonna do exactly that, when you go to the ring there are photographers that take pictures to make money, if you search "Nurburgring photos portal" a list will come up, I think they do the same at tail of the dragon in tenn "hey baby you from Tennessee? we'll you're the only ten I see in here tonight"
Old 07-17-2014, 08:38 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

What was your ring time? Curious what someone who at least has video game experience and is in a fast car but isn't a kamikaze (I presume) is able to do
Old 07-17-2014, 10:57 PM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

you need very little to limited German to survive in Germany most people speak english, I took it in High school 3 years never really use it

last time I drove the ring wa sin a rental bmw 318 station wagon, so wasn't my car and much slower, 1st lap car runs beautifully, Im using maybe 3/4 4/5 full throttle, just driving it for me, passenger says 9 minutes 2nd lap, using full throttle at times, passenger I picked up is nauseous, I lose concentration for a second and make mistakes on driving line, its quicker than the game, more involving, 3rd lap a bmw 1 series wrecks, they close track, the GT3s temp is normal low to medium normal on all gauges, the cars not breaking a sweat, its time to head home

Last edited by dark knight; 07-18-2014 at 12:48 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:42 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

So I head back torwards Stuttgart, its about 180 miles some rain, some sun, Im flyin, the sun to my back its that time of the day, the golden hour they call it before sunset, the best light for photos, the sunlight that night is filtered by the clouds, I want to make Stuttgart before dark, Im cruising down the Autobahn, feeling good, the headaches I get from work stress are gone, all is right in the world if only for a few moments, its a feeling like when you feel a pretty girls soft blonde hair, when you jump into clean sheets out of the drier, or when you get home so tired from work you like down on the floor and the dog snuggles up to you, I tell myself to remember these moments they dont come along often, you cant buy them... then I realize you actually can, about 155k with the options I picked, I know the factory area well, getting back to the new car delivery area is easy for me, I've made it in just over 2 hours, security lets me by the gate, they are friendly helpful and an officer removes my plates for me to keep, its a joyous occasion, m car made it back safely undamaged, Porsche security drives me to the S-bahn station, I punch in 001 on the keypad pay $2.30 I think and get on the train in less than 10 minutes Im back a the train station, I buy a "football fan pack" of mcnuggets and wings at McDonalds and am in my room across the street moments later, its been a great trip, when I arrive back at the Zeppelin the girl at the desk calls me by name, ive got a wonderful room, its time to pack and get ready for the trip home, (if you are enjoying this dont worry theres more pics more story to come)
Old 07-18-2014, 02:45 AM
Nan P
Pro

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

This writing has passion....great job!!!

Congrats Dark Knight...the car looks awesome & yes post some more pics.
Old 07-18-2014, 04:06 AM
koenig_roland
Burning Brakes

Received 142 Likes on 73 Posts

great to hear that you`d some fun here in germany!
Old 07-18-2014, 08:49 AM
mainly
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dark knight
So I head back torwards Stuttgart, its about 180 miles some rain, some sun, Im flyin, the sun to my back its that time of the day, the golden hour they call it before sunset, the best light for photos, the sunlight that night is filtered by the clouds, I want to make Stuttgart before dark, Im cruising down the Autobahn, feeling good, the headaches I get from work stress are gone, all is right in the world if only for a few moments, its a feeling like when you feel a pretty girls soft blonde hair, when you jump into clean sheets out of the drier, or when you get home so tired from work you like down on the floor and the dog snuggles up to you, I tell myself to remember these moments they dont come along often, you cant buy them... then I realize you actually can, about 155k with the options I picked, I know the factory area well, getting back to the new car delivery area is easy for me, I've made it in just over 2 hours, security lets me by the gate, they are friendly helpful and an officer removes my plates for me to keep, its a joyous occasion, m car made it back safely undamaged, Porsche security drives me to the S-bahn station, I punch in 001 on the keypad pay $2.30 I think and get on the train in less than 10 minutes Im back a the train station, I buy a "football fan pack" of mcnuggets and wings at McDonalds and am in my room across the street moments later, its been a great trip, when I arrive back at the Zeppelin the girl at the desk calls me by name, ive got a wonderful room, its time to pack and get ready for the trip home, (if you are enjoying this dont worry theres more pics more story to come)
dont like the period eh?
Old 07-18-2014, 09:05 AM
dark knight
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mainly
dont like the period eh?
sorry, usually I dictate notes, so punctuation not my skill

Quick Reply: My GT3 euro delivery adventure