Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'15 GT3 ordered (oct prod) inputs pls

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 08:42 PM
TC911
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

How are you guys ? I currently own a 991TTS but had a chance to order a '15 GT3 for November delivery . Here's the build , can you guys pls tell me if I'm missing something or opinions please ?

http://www.porsche-code.com/PFVSMKT4
Old 07-11-2014, 10:59 PM
kfmcmahon
Three Wheelin'

Received 110 Likes on 57 Posts

Black headlamps to match the rims
White instrument dials to match paint
Leather seat backs :thumb up:
Old 07-11-2014, 11:40 PM
TC911
Advanced

I don't see rear view camera option, is it available ? Standard ??
Old 07-11-2014, 11:41 PM
TC911
Advanced

Originally Posted by kfmcmahon
Black headlamps to match the rims White instrument dials to match paint Leather seat backs :thumb up:
Yea would look badass with the black headlamps but then missing the LED's 😬
Old 07-11-2014, 11:45 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow, quite the build. Where to start....

I'm with kfmcmahon, I prefer the black PDLS to the look of the LED headlamps.

The factory fire extinguisher isn't worth the coin, too small - buy a better mount and extinguisher aftermarket. The general concensus, including a recent review from a UK owner, is to skip the aluminum pedals - if you must have aluminums the rennline pedals provide better shoe traction and more options.

You've added the Telephone module, this puts an actual GSM phone in the car. If this is what you want you are good, but most US buyers just want bluetooth so they can use their personal mobile through the car's audio system.

Online services get mixed reviews.

I have specifically spec my car without SiriusXM as I can't stand the position of the antenna. It's a square puck on the roof. To my eye it interrupts the roofline. I'm not a subscriber, but my wife is.

Electronic logbook. If you're an avid traveller or you bill mileage to clients this could be useful, otherwise it's a gizmo most would tinker with the first week and forget about for the remainder of their ownership experience.

VR,

Ryan
Old 07-12-2014, 12:45 AM
TC911
Advanced

Originally Posted by reidry
Wow, quite the build. Where to start....

I'm with kfmcmahon, I prefer the black PDLS to the look of the LED headlamps.

The factory fire extinguisher isn't worth the coin, too small - buy a better mount and extinguisher aftermarket. The general concensus, including a recent review from a UK owner, is to skip the aluminum pedals - if you must have aluminums the rennline pedals provide better shoe traction and more options.

You've added the Telephone module, this puts an actual GSM phone in the car. If this is what you want you are good, but most US buyers just want bluetooth so they can use their personal mobile through the car's audio system.

Online services get mixed reviews.

I have specifically spec my car without SiriusXM as I can't stand the position of the antenna. It's a square puck on the roof. To my eye it interrupts the roofline. I'm not a subscriber, but my wife is.

Electronic logbook. If you're an avid traveller or you bill mileage to clients this could be useful, otherwise it's a gizmo most would tinker with the first week and forget about for the remainder of their ownership experience.

VR,

Ryan

Thank you very much for responding ! I was in doubt in all of those items that you mentioned !
The aluminum pedals looked good on the porsche site but was in doubt if getting or not. Gonna check it off now .

You are right about the cell phone only bluetooth for me would never use the GSM.

You just saved me $1000 hehe !

Do you have any pic of where the antenna is on the Gt3? On my Turbo i think its on the rear deck lid .

Thx again
Old 07-12-2014, 12:46 AM
TC911
Advanced

SILVER OR BLACK wheels ????

Still in doubt ..
Old 07-12-2014, 01:29 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TC911
SILVER OR BLACK wheels ???? Still in doubt ..
I ordered the standard platinum. From all the pics I've seen, it's still my favorite. 2 more months and mine arrives!
Old 07-12-2014, 01:31 AM
TC911
Advanced

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I ordered the standard platinum. From all the pics I've seen, it's still my favorite. 2 more months and mine arrives!
Yea Porsche did a good job on those wheels ! For the car perfect !
Old 07-12-2014, 08:16 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,080 Likes on 1,005 Posts

I agree the platinum wheels are top notch. I actually would have paid the up charge for those, and the silver should be the free one IMHO. Overall nice build mine is very similar I went with red stitching and gauges with white metallic paint.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:23 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you very much for responding ! I was in doubt in all of those items that you mentioned !
The aluminum pedals looked good on the porsche site but was in doubt if getting or not. Gonna check it off now .

You are right about the cell phone only bluetooth for me would never use the GSM.

You just saved me $1000 hehe !

Do you have any pic of where the antenna is on the Gt3? On my Turbo i think its on the rear deck lid .

Thx again
Sure. I had Porsche Exclusive confirm that this is indeed the final position for the SiriusXM antenna for all MY2014 and MY2015. And that it is only added if you order the SiriusXM option, just getting the PCM/NAV does not add it.

With the sat antenna...

Without the sat antenna...

Ryan
Old 07-12-2014, 03:03 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Nice build. I would keep the aluminum pedals. I have seen them and they look very good and they do have indents that allow for grip.
Old 07-12-2014, 05:14 PM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SILVER OR BLACK wheels ????

Still in doubt ..
just the standard wheels. they are beautiful.
p
Old 07-13-2014, 12:01 AM
TC911
Advanced

Originally Posted by reidry
Sure. I had Porsche Exclusive confirm that this is indeed the final position for the SiriusXM antenna for all MY2014 and MY2015. And that it is only added if you order the SiriusXM option, just getting the PCM/NAV does not add it. With the sat antenna... Without the sat antenna... Ryan

Thanks brother ! Looks much better without it !!! Gonna make all those changes on the car !
Old 07-13-2014, 12:02 AM
TC911
Advanced

Any input on the painted exclusive side skirt ? Could not find it anywhere ;(

Thx

Quick Reply: '15 GT3 ordered (oct prod) inputs pls