Sponsored by:

Bucket seat installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:50 PM
stronbl
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Nice and thanks for the mini-review! Looking forward to the pics. My mechanic (Porsche Master Mechanic) told me before that there is a way to deactivate the airbag light, so I wonder if that applied to the 997 only.
Right ... in the 997 it was very easy if you had a Durametric pro. Unfortunately with the 991 the encryption has changed and Durametric has not yet found a way to re-code settings. So you would be in the dealer's hands to get the light turned off. Past experience is that some will and some won't. But it never hurts to ask.

MaxLTV - I'll be out at TH on Sat/Sun with GGR. If you're still around, I'll come find you and drool over your car (I'll bring a rag to wipe it off afterwards).
Old 07-10-2014, 01:55 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,139 Likes on 560 Posts

Yes, I will be at TH on Thursday.

They put me in a junior group - that makes for some very flattering tracks vids :-).

So I got the car back with everything installed - very nice set up. I was adjusting the belts, in the garage, and my wife calls me to have a beer. She did not let me finish and insisted that I needed a beer. When I saw it, I realized why. I'll finish with the belts tomorrow...
Attached Images  
Old 07-10-2014, 03:41 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Good wife, proper priorities!
Just got to Thill, that was a long day to get here..
Old 07-10-2014, 03:48 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Good wife, proper priorities!
Just got to Thill, that was a long day to get here..
Oh, she does not care about my beer preferences much - she just used the name of the drink to convey the message (double daddy)

I saw your car leaving the shop when I was picking up mine.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:40 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MaxLTV
The airbag light is on because there is no thorax airbag. THat's one of the reasons I kept stock passenger seat - I'm fine taking potentially increased risk myself, but do not want it for passengers. No chimes or any other irritations, so I can just ignore the light.
Max, I was at the dealership today and my mechanic thought he could de-activate the airbag light. He hooked up his diagnostic laptop to the OBD II port and showed me exactly where airbags can separately be deactivated (passenger vs driver side). He said that if he deactivated them with the OEM seat, it will trigger the airbag light but with an after market seat, de-activating the corresponding airbag functionality would not trigger the light.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:45 AM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Max, I was at the dealership today and my mechanic thought he could de-activate the airbag light. He hooked up his diagnostic laptop to the OBD II port and showed me exactly where airbags can separately be deactivated (passenger vs driver side). He said that if he deactivated them with the OEM seat, it will trigger the airbag light but with an after market seat, de-activating the corresponding airbag functionality would not trigger the light.
So would this require a Porsche tech or would an experienced mechanic be able to do that?

Meanwhile, I'm getting this done. The idea is to urn exhaust into unicorn farts so that they let me drive in HOV lane (not really):
Attached Images  
Old 07-18-2014, 02:01 AM
cyncrvr
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Laguna Seca turn 5?
Old 07-18-2014, 03:04 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,480 Likes on 2,269 Posts

So would this require a Porsche tech or would an experienced mechanic be able to do that?
you just need the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ piwis, the latest.

Meanwhile, I'm getting this done. The idea is to urn exhaust into unicorn farts so that they let me drive in HOV lane (not really):
we will make another attachment such that the tow hook will act as a support for the turn down.
Old 07-18-2014, 11:20 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I think if you have a good relationship with your dealership, they may agree to do it but am not sure.

Nice mod
Old 07-18-2014, 01:22 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by cyncrvr
^ Laguna Seca turn 5?
Yes. I hope it's not too restrictive, so that it increases heat or reduces power.

Quick Reply: Bucket seat installed