Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port

Old 08-21-2014, 07:42 PM
scb997
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Almost!

Well, my GT3, that arrived in Davisville on 2/18, showed up at my dealer, in Towson, MD yesterday. I pick her up tomorrow. The reason I can't pick it up today is that it takes a while to install the fender liners with the FOD screens. So, I'm getting those

Attached is a picture that the Sales Manager sent me of it coming off the truck.

Scott
Attached Images  
Old 08-21-2014, 07:47 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Like the combo with the sapphire blue and silver rims if I am seeing it correctly.

Congrats!
Old 08-21-2014, 09:46 PM
fibredog
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 48 Posts

+1 & PCCB's work well with the Blue Exterior.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:55 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scb997
Well, my GT3, that arrived in Davisville on 2/18, showed up at my dealer, in Towson, MD yesterday. I pick her up tomorrow. The reason I can't pick it up today is that it takes a while to install the fender liners with the FOD screens. So, I'm getting those

Attached is a picture that the Sales Manager sent me of it coming off the truck.

Scott
That's my car, same color and brakes. I am a few weeks behind you. Your car has me excited. Great selection.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:51 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Okay. All is set for pickup in Sat AM. I fly home from LAX late tonight and I do not think I will be able to sleep. I am such a sap that I even have my haircut apt at 9:00 and pick up car at 10:30(I do not want to disappoint her ) Every thing is completed even the mesh liners. I wanted every thing to be done so I do not have to go back until I change the oil before storage at end of Nov. I am sure the Dealer also needs a break from me and probably all of us GT3 Owners or soon to be

I will give a detailed report Sunday night or Monday morning. If I can figure out how to post a video of the outside or inside or even pictures I will do so. I am not good at those things. I even still have a flip phone but I have an I phone also that I use for business -emails ect. I shut that off at 6:00 pm on Fridays
Old 08-22-2014, 02:05 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Okay. All is set for pickup in Sat AM. I fly home from LAX late tonight and I do not think I will be able to sleep. I am such a sap that I even have my haircut apt at 9:00 and pick up car at 10:30(I do not want to disappoint her ) Every thing is completed even the mesh liners. I wanted every thing to be done so I do not have to go back until I change the oil before storage at end of Nov. I am sure the Dealer also needs a break from me and probably all of us GT3 Owners or soon to be I will give a detailed report Sunday night or Monday morning. If I can figure out how to post a video of the outside or inside or even pictures I will do so. I am not good at those things. I even still have a flip phone but I have an I phone also that I use for business -emails ect. I shut that off at 6:00 pm on Fridays
Nice!!! Enjoy it and write when you finally take a break from driving and smiling.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:04 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quick update: my GT3 did in fact have Bluetooth. Car is getting clear bra (the lift system was not enough to keep the headlights up).

Due to work etc will pick up the car Tuesday.

Jimmy, thus I will not interrupt your experience Saturday.

Great weekend everyone.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

You know I was kidding- I think
Old 08-22-2014, 07:53 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Of course. Enjoy tomorrow.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:13 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Okay. All is set for pickup in Sat AM. I fly home from LAX late tonight and I do not think I will be able to sleep. I am such a sap that I even have my haircut apt at 9:00 and pick up car at 10:30(I do not want to disappoint her ) Every thing is completed even the mesh liners. I wanted every thing to be done so I do not have to go back until I change the oil before storage at end of Nov. I am sure the Dealer also needs a break from me and probably all of us GT3 Owners or soon to be

I will give a detailed report Sunday night or Monday morning. If I can figure out how to post a video of the outside or inside or even pictures I will do so. I am not good at those things. I even still have a flip phone but I have an I phone also that I use for business -emails ect. I shut that off at 6:00 pm on Fridays
Have fun tomorrow Jimmy
Old 08-22-2014, 09:44 PM
scb997
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Scott
I picked it up at lunch time, today. So far 50 miles of "commuting (20 in stop & go traffic) and went for a 20 mile drive with the wife tonight.

I flipped through the Owner's Manual while waiting for paperwork. The suggested break-in period is 2000 miles without going over 4200 RPM. That's going to be a long month But, I'm funny about that sort of thing - I will do it.

So far, everything meets or exceeds my hopes & expectations Everyone who has seen it raves about how well the Sapphire Blue, Silver wheels, and yellow calipers go together. They all said that it looks way better than they expected from the pictures from the configurator that I'd had all over the place.

Scott
Old 08-22-2014, 10:55 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

I am not following the manual - to each their own. I am going to keep her under 7000 rpms for the first 1000 miles and that is it. Will vary speeds and revs and will take longer trips, as well. But, will always let her warm up properly before pushing her. I have had a couple of Porsches and have had (0) issues I also broke in the C2S loaner with a 6000 rpm limit for the first 1000 miles and car now has 3000 miles and running like a champ. They just added a little oil last week but I was surprised by how little oil this 991 engine burnt in 3000 miles compared to my 997.2 Turbo
Old 08-22-2014, 10:55 PM
alaint101
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

I picked it up at lunch time, today. So far 50 miles of "commuting (20 in stop & go traffic) and went for a 20 mile drive with the wife tonight. I flipped through the Owner's Manual while waiting for paperwork. The suggested break-in period is 2000 miles without going over 4200 RPM. That's going to be a long month But, I'm funny about that sort of thing - I will do it. So far, everything meets or exceeds my hopes & expectations Everyone who has seen it raves about how well the Sapphire Blue, Silver wheels, and yellow calipers go together. They all said that it looks way better than they expected from the pictures from the configurator that I'd had all over the place. Scott
FWIW, when I was in Birmingham, I asked about break-in and they said 'not needed.'

Then I asked my dealer about it and was told the engineers said the break-in is for the driver, not the car...

So 5 min out of the dealer, with the engine fully warmed-up, I hit the rev limiter... and then many times since.

Problems? Nada

Fun? Yesssss!

I say "have at it!"
Old 08-22-2014, 11:11 PM
WSH
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 68 Posts

Scott
Scott,
congrats !
please post pics when u can....Sapphire blue/silver wheels/PCCB is the spec i am considering.

Bill
Old 08-23-2014, 12:27 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am not following the manual - to each their own. I am going to keep her under 7000 rpms for the first 1000 miles and that is it. Will vary speeds and revs and will take longer trips, as well. But, will always let her warm up properly before pushing her. I have had a couple of Porsches and have had (0) issues I also broke in the C2S loaner with a 6000 rpm limit for the first 1000 miles and car now has 3000 miles and running like a champ. They just added a little oil last week but I was surprised by how little oil this 991 engine burnt in 3000 miles compared to my 997.2 Turbo
Today is the day Jimmy! Congrats in advance!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Cat. "B" folks with cars at Port