Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 turbo cab vs 991 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 09:32 AM
Leon Garabet
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Okay the reason I sold my mclaren was because the price of the vehicle kept on dropping. I bought a $300,000 sticker vehicle and paid 224 six months later 25K down the drain. I did not feel like taking a big loss if I kept it for another seven months. Second of all driving that car is extremely annoying. You cannot go anywhere without someone recording you and putting you on YouTube or some kind of social media. And as a daily driver it was a complete delight softest suspension out of any car I have ever had. Extremely easy to drive very stable and you have excitement all out through the day. You can never get bored of that car best car I have ever owned. I live in New York New Jersey area so that car is a complete eyesore for the middle class. Sometimes I just want to be incognito that's why a Porsche is ideal I don't care if you're driving a turbo or a GT3 at the end of the day a normal person will only think it's a Porsche with a big wing on it. The power the McLaren gave you was amazing no other car would make you feel that way. It's scares any adult I got in the car. Just from slamming the pedal to the ground. That always puts a smile on peoples faces. I'm on Instagram if you guys want to see some pics of the cars I have and had leonthejeweler is the name .
Old 06-27-2014, 09:40 AM
Leon Garabet
Advanced

Can you believe I put a deposit down for a GT3 and I'm fourth in line and I still have not built a car. After talking to you guys I am extremely excited to get this car it does gives my Boner a Boner about the gt3 !!!!!! I probably will miss the pull that the turbo gives you. But everything else about the car sucks. Extremely extremely boring. And when I say ideally drive it I mean I just drive it to the gym and on weekends I drive with my car club. Driving force club in my area .. We have the craziest guys out here we go out every Sunday and destroy the streets. So you always need power for that I'm just hoping that the gt3 will be able to keep up with some of the Lambo's
Some of the cars I have had are
E63
997 turbo
R8 v8
R8 v10
Lambo green lp560
Yellow Lambo lp560 spider
Mclaren
991 4s
991 turbo
Waiting for gt3
Old 06-27-2014, 10:41 AM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

How ironic. I just traded in my 991 gt3 for a '13 12c.

-My gt3 is for sale, by the way, at the Porsche Exchange, in Ill. 2k miles, new engine, all ready to go...

My .02, you'll like the gt3. The 3 trans shifts faster than the 12c. The 12c shifts aren't bad, it's just that the gt3 trans is the best out there. Incredible, I'd say.

The 12c is more exotic looking, the gt3 looks like a regular carrera with an aero kit.

The ride of the 12c is compliant for every day crappy roads, the new gt3 is still harsh. At least on our terrible roads here in Illinois.

Gt3 has plenty of power. A very fast car. Sounds great, with a bypass exhaust. And all in all is a fun car to drive around.

You may feel its down on power if you're coming from a 12c though. You're spoiled now. I agree that I've never felt anything like the power delivery of the mclaren. It's something that has to be experienced in person I guess.

You've sold your 12c, so I'm not going to tell you why you should have kept it...
But I will agree that the 991 turbo is possibly the most boring supercar on the planet. And a gt3 is the exact opposite.
Old 06-27-2014, 10:52 AM
ColdList
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber

-My gt3 is for sale, by the way, at the Porsche Exchange, in Ill. 2k miles, new engine, all ready to go...

My .02, you'll like the gt3. The 3 trans shifts faster than the 12c. The 12c shifts aren't bad, it's just that the gt3 trans is the best out there. Incredible, I'd say.

The 12c is more exotic looking, the gt3 looks like a regular carrera with an aero kit.

The ride of the 12c is compliant for every day crappy roads, the new gt3 is still harsh. At least on our terrible roads here in Illinois.

Gt3 has plenty of power. A very fast car. Sounds great, with a bypass exhaust. And all in all is a fun car to drive around.

You may feel its down on power if you're coming from a 12c though. You're spoiled now. I agree that I've never felt anything like the power delivery of the mclaren. It's something that has to be experienced in person I guess.

You've sold your 12c, so I'm not going to tell you why you should have kept it...
But I will agree that the 991 turbo is possibly the most boring supercar on the planet. And a gt3 is the exact opposite.
OK now you have me thinking...am I going to miss the power of my TTS cab when I get my GT3? I drove a 12c for a long hard drive with a friend and as much as I loved the drive, I just couldn't help thinking that something was just "missing" with the 12c-moreso in overall looks than anything. It seemed not to have "soul" like a Ferrari or other exotics (dare I say not even soul like a Porsche). I guess it seems very sterile to me, especially the interior. Not at ALL knocking your purchase. I get it. The car drives unlike anything that I have driven. I did not like the comfort though either-I am 6'2 and I am used to sort of a lazy man's position :-) I don;t know what it was but I was so not turned on by the car that I even passed on an opportunity to grab a 650S right then and there.

I really would like your opinion on how you think I am going to feel about the GT3 vs the TTS Cab. It's starting to seem like I may need to buy the GT3 and hold onto the TTS too until I decide which I like.

-Mike
Old 06-27-2014, 10:57 AM
Leon Garabet
Advanced

To be completely honest the Lambo had 100 times better paddle shift experience. Downshift is very exciting and made noise and every gear. Mclaren did not have that down shift pull back if you no what I mean .
Old 06-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Leon Garabet
Advanced

U can't say the mclaren is boring but that car is race mode and it will make u poop your pants . Launch control is soooooo nuts and it makes 991 Porsche turbo feel like a Jetta . Come on dude I have a hard time reading that mclaren is boring u must be a race car driver then ....
Old 06-27-2014, 11:38 AM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by Leon Garabet
U can't say the mclaren is boring but that car is race mode and it will make u poop your pants . Launch control is soooooo nuts and it makes 991 Porsche turbo feel like a Jetta . Come on dude I have a hard time reading that mclaren is boring u must be a race car driver then ....
I hope you are not talking to me here...in my comment I said the McClaren drives unlike anything I have ever driven. It is far from boring. What I said was that it lacked "something" and I am not really sure what the something is. It is more of its "presence". I don't know how to describe it. Let's just say that if you parked it next to another $330k car, a 458 spider, I would be drooling over the spider and the intoxicating feel you get from the looks and the sound but I'd still prefer the performance of the 12c. But if you said "which costs $300K+" I'd say the 458 for sure. The 12c to me frankly looks "cheaper" than its price tag in all ways-interior and exterior. You can buy all kinds of cars with performance off the charts but when you get to a certain price tag you expect some sort of exotic appeal. I think the market agrees with me as per your own reference to the price drop. One of the worst in the industry.

All of that being said-I find the performance and usability of the 458 to be lacking and I will likely be passing on the most gorgeous spider ever that I have scheduled for August delivery. I'll either keep my TTS cab or go for the GT3.

Last edited by ColdList; 06-27-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:05 PM
Leon Garabet
Advanced

Maybe I was just reading your comments wrong in that case you're 100% correct
Old 06-27-2014, 12:15 PM
ColdList
Racer

Originally Posted by Leon Garabet
Maybe I was just reading your comments wrong in that case you're 100% correct
No worries my friend :-)
Old 06-27-2014, 01:09 PM
lumber
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Ok, enough you two, back to your corners.

No, you won't be at all dissapointed with the gt3. It's very fast. Visceral fast I would say. Sell the turbo and don't look back.

What you say the 12c is lacking is exactly what I love about it. It's exotic without being over the top. I daily drive my cars everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Year round.

I'm in a rural-ish suburb an hour outside of Chicago, and if I couldn't pull off a 458 even if I wanted to. The 12c is always well received. Not ignored like a 911, but people genuinely love the car. You never get that type of appreciation with a Lambo or f-car. People despise you.

The other car that had this same affect was my ford gt. People were happy when they saw that car.

I would have kept the gt3. But pag dropped the ball on this one, and I must say, I am very happy with where I ended up...
Old 06-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 58 Posts

I am surprised to find that they have four 991GT3s' for sale and they appear to be at MSRP. They are listed in their new car inventory.
Old 06-27-2014, 01:59 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
I am surprised to find that they have four 991GT3s' for sale and they appear to be at MSRP. They are listed in their new car inventory.
Is it really at MSRP?!
Old 06-27-2014, 02:23 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

I'm not surprised...theyve been sitting for months...
Old 06-27-2014, 02:29 PM
markow
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

strange that. wherever i go with my F458 in europe i get thumbs up from people around. i have not noticed any bad feelings come across. i would not change the 458 against a TTS ever, it is really the most boring super car out there. pedestrian squashed beetle looks, unlike the GT3. here is my list of desirable cars (highly personal of course): 1) F458Speciale, 2) F458Italia, 3) GT3.
peter

Ok, enough you two, back to your corners.

No, you won't be at all dissapointed with the gt3. It's very fast. Visceral fast I would say. Sell the turbo and don't look back.

What you say the 12c is lacking is exactly what I love about it. It's exotic without being over the top. I daily drive my cars everywhere. And I mean everywhere. Year round.

I'm in a rural-ish suburb an hour outside of Chicago, and if I couldn't pull off a 458 even if I wanted to. The 12c is always well received. Not ignored like a 911, but people genuinely love the car. You never get that type of appreciation with a Lambo or f-car. People despise you.

The other car that had this same affect was my ford gt. People were happy when they saw that car.

I would have kept the gt3. But pag dropped the ball on this one, and I must say, I am very happy with where I ended up...
Old 06-27-2014, 02:34 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

That can't be true! I thought the GT3 is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Just kiddin'...

Enjoy the cars gentleman!

Quick Reply: 991 turbo cab vs 991 GT3