Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kosmo
Sam, wheres YOUR video?
Old 07-19-2014, 02:11 AM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I have added couple of more videos breaking in the new engine around Vancouver country sides & back roads. See link below.... I have many more videos from the past couple of weeks, and I will try to post most of them this weekend. The plan is to get the car ready for track before month end. Mark

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A3JtdOXmJpo4Hi
Old 07-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Arth
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Arth, you have a very valid point. I just removed mine as well. Track only.
Best decision IMO
Old 08-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Arth
Racer

This Friday

4 GT3's

Hope you enjoy
Old 08-23-2014, 12:58 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Great driving. Looks like you were passing everyone.

BTW, at 5:05 and 5:35 for instance, it looks like the brake lights on the silver GT3 were flashing under hard braking. Do you know what specifically triggers this? I think someone else asked about this somewhere but don't recall seeing an answer about whether the 991 has this. Looks like it does to me now, but I'd like to find out more about this. Thanks!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:00 PM
the-missile
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I discovered another side of my beast, it was GREAT!!

thanks a lot guys and count on me for the next session !!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:14 PM
rubbaman
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
This Friday

4 GT3's

Hope you enjoy
Thanks Arth! Awesome video!
Old 08-23-2014, 01:15 PM
TrackFan
Banned

Has anybody tried some Trofeo R tires yet? I'd love to see some footage, and feedback with those tires.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by <3mph
Great driving. Looks like you were passing everyone.

BTW, at 5:05 and 5:35 for instance, it looks like the brake lights on the silver GT3 were flashing under hard braking. Do you know what specifically triggers this? I think someone else asked about this somewhere but don't recall seeing an answer about whether the 991 has this. Looks like it does to me now, but I'd like to find out more about this. Thanks!
Thanks for the words

I believe the "flashing lights" come on during "Hard" braking and the car thinks your emergency braking and is meant to warn the car behind.

mine does it too so should be standard on all 991 GT3's

Originally Posted by the-missile
I discovered another side of my beast, it was GREAT!!

thanks a lot guys and count on me for the next session !!
Glad you Enjoyed buddy. next one is september 26th ( official porsche club event). sign up on the website as slots get taken quick. see you there

Originally Posted by rubbaman
Thanks Arth! Awesome video!
welcome buddy

Originally Posted by TrackFan
Has anybody tried some Trofeo R tires yet? I'd love to see some footage, and feedback with those tires.
i have not but will be switching to them once the cups are done as they are far superior performance wise. downfall is they wear even quicker and are more expensive than the cups

cheers
Old 08-23-2014, 01:37 PM
TrackFan
Banned

True, but with a set of extra wheels. At least they won't be wasted on the street. It probably won't help much. They're going to wear fast anyway.

I enjoyed watching you drive. If I could add some help to your driving. I'd like to see you start to roll on the throttle at the apex. You have a habit of coasting too far past the apex. Trail brake to the apex, and then roll on the throttle right away. Much easier to do if you LF brake. The transition from brake to throttle is seamless.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:26 PM
mwar99
Three Wheelin'

Received 285 Likes on 178 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Arth

I believe the "flashing lights" come on during "Hard" braking and the car thinks your emergency braking and is meant to warn the car behind.

mine does it too so should be standard on all 991 GT3's
Does it happen live or is it only on the recording because of the LED's? I haven't had the opportunity to see one in person yet to test the theory
Old 08-24-2014, 04:02 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by TrackFan
True, but with a set of extra wheels. At least they won't be wasted on the street. It probably won't help much. They're going to wear fast anyway. I enjoyed watching you drive. If I could add some help to your driving. I'd like to see you start to roll on the throttle at the apex. You have a habit of coasting too far past the apex. Trail brake to the apex, and then roll on the throttle right away. Much easier to do if you LF brake. The transition from brake to throttle is seamless.

Thanks for the feedback. Will work on that as well as left foot braking.
Old 08-24-2014, 04:02 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by mwar99
Does it happen live or is it only on the recording because of the LED's? I haven't had the opportunity to see one in person yet to test the theory
To be honest I can confirm that but I do believe it happens live
Old 08-24-2014, 04:46 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Arth. Great vid. Good lines. You are getting faster and smoother in the 991 GT3. How many track events now and how long/many laps each session? How many street Kms and how are the first set of MPSC2 holding up? Have you done Geo changes yet?
Old 08-24-2014, 08:08 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Macca
Arth. Great vid. Good lines. You are getting faster and smoother in the 991 GT3. How many track events now and how long/many laps each session? How many street Kms and how are the first set of MPSC2 holding up? Have you done Geo changes yet?
thanks Macca, glad you enjoyed and appreciate the encouragement. Definitely was faster this time around (2 seconds a lap actually). Gaining more confidence in what the car can do and learning to trust it more. Also my previous cars have been mid engined so definitely need to learn the new layout and how the cars reacts in certain situations.

Each session is 30 minutes long . 3 sessions in total. Car has been flawless .

Total kilometres on track is around 1000km. The remaining 2500 was breaking in on street.

MPSC2 are holding up pretty well actually considering the temps. I will be switch gin to Trofeo R's once they're gone though

No Geo changes so far. All stock.

Hot I'm running 2.0 front and 2.2 rear.

Cheers

Quick Reply: NEW MOTOR / NEW VIDEO