Sponsored by:

NEW MOTOR / NEW VIDEO

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 08:11 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mqandil
My Luck the minute I hook up my GoPro, it starts raining, but I went ahead and recorded couple of short videos driving the GT3 in the rain and at night on some backroads. Please see link below
Mark

https://www.icloud.com/photostream/#A3JtdOXmJpo4Hi
Awesome, thanks for sharing. Love the co-pilot chatter I like the red dials a lot but my most favorite pics, by far, are the ones in the snow. Enjoy!!
Old 06-26-2014, 10:24 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Awesome, thanks for sharing. Love the co-pilot chatter I like the red dials a lot but my most favorite pics, by far, are the ones in the snow. Enjoy!!
Thanks Sam. The pictures in the snow were back in February before the heart transplant and I had the winter tires on the car and I live on side of a mountain with very steep roads and yet she performed flawlessly and had no trouble and better than most of my neighbors 4 wheel drives who had to park at the bottom of the hill and walk up for almost a mile. I really did not expect this stellar performance in the snow but I guess the engine placement in the rear gives this car insane traction and with the right tires it is an official snow mobile. We only get snow once every 3 to 5 years and only lasts for couple of days, so most of the 4 wheel drives and other cars don't have adequate snow tires and are useless in the snow. It was the right decision of driving this baby in the snow as none of my cars are garage queens (rain or shine) and not mentioning it was the appropriate enviroment for that car with its old fire prone engine in place!!!. Mark
Old 06-26-2014, 10:36 PM
mqandil
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
That's awesome ,how fun , you know it takes a cool Dad to have a great Daughter. Oh, and your car, a cool package with the CR , red dials and
thread .
Cheers Deacon
Thanks Buddy. My copilot is my youngest and just turned 8 years old. she is number 6, so she has 4 older brothers and 1 sister that spoil her rotten, plus dad of course and not mentioning that she is already an aunt as I have 2 grand kids from my oldest daughter who just turned 31 yrs. by the way I am still only 48 yrs old, and these 6 kids with all of their needs, quest to be their dad's #1, and at times their disasters, keep my on my toes & young at heart as I try to keep up with them. Would not have it any other way though. Mark
Old 06-26-2014, 10:52 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by philgva
Jimmy, i took the part Part: CARP97GT3ETSER
It is the non silenced version but correct 2-3db more but more than enough. I could have taken other but more Dd and then could have problem on European track with noise limitation. So if you have no restriction the sharkwerk is also a good option. I am very happy with the noise just enough and not too much even driving long distance. The beauty is when you drive on canyon style road or mountain in my case...smile up and down shift. I have not done a clip on this. It is very close to this one which has extra part.
Porsche 911 GT3 (991) with cargraphic exhaust system LOUD - YouTube
One thing to be careful if you change the rear center muffler then it is ok for warranty but if you change the side and manifold the warranty will be void. Just be careful, I would rather do Lethe brake upgrade like I did.
"I would rather do the brake upgrade like I did"...
What did you put on?
Comparison to stock iron?
thx
Old 06-27-2014, 10:17 AM
philgva
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
"I would rather do the brake upgrade like I did"...
What did you put on?
Comparison to stock iron?
thx
So basically, I put the Pagid RS29 (yellow), brake lines from BF Goodridge and RS Castrol brake fluids, this is a perfect setup. Pads after 7 sessions of 30-40 mn each are still 80% good at the back and 50% in the front. Don't tell me I did not brake enough...I usually brake late

The new iron disk are in very good shape no cracking like the previous one due to the new design and enlarge hole
Old 07-03-2014, 07:38 AM
Arth
Racer

Just an update.

I've been moving houses in the last couple of weeks so driving has been scarce, however I have been able to put together a nice drive this Saturday. Two 991 gt3's and a 997 gt3 for come comparisons.

Video coming soon.

Cheers
Old 07-03-2014, 09:34 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Just an update.

I've been moving houses in the last couple of weeks so driving has been scarce, however I have been able to put together a nice drive this Saturday. Two 991 gt3's and a 997 gt3 for come comparisons.

Video coming soon.

Cheers
Thanks for update , great , need new fuel for the dream furnish , presently running a tad low

Cheers to you
Old 07-03-2014, 03:38 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Arth
Just an update.

...and a 997 gt3 for come comparisons.

Cheers
hmmm, might be a bit tough comparison since that exhaust is the size of my head (upper). haha
Old 07-04-2014, 07:22 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,149 Likes on 567 Posts

What's the best way to route mic cable to the exhaust? Just through the window and duct tape along the side of the car? Or something more elegant?
Old 07-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Good Newwws! the Dacia Sandero...

Seriously, Arth Speilberg is compiling a vid we made today... hold on to your hats!
Old 07-05-2014, 02:39 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Good Newwws! the Dacia Sandero... Seriously, Arth Speilberg is compiling a vid we made today... hold on to your hats!
Nice! Arth Porsche Coppola.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:12 PM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Zulu Alpha
Good Newwws! the Dacia Sandero... Seriously, Arth Speilberg is compiling a vid we made today... hold on to your hats!
Haha

Thanks for all your help today Zulu with the camera. Shots and sounds are awesome.

Video is rendering now.

Should be up over night and will post

Cheers
Old 07-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Zulu Alpha
Burning Brakes

Absolutely man. Thank you for the invite Arth Hitchcock.

'Word on the street' it's 20 mins long! An exclusive Rennlist premier.
Old 07-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Arth
Racer

Well rendering went really fast for some reason.

So here it is below:

Still shifting early but albeit reached to 7.5k RPM couple of times.

in car footage as well as some acceleration runs taken by no other Zulu Alpha with his Pro Camera (thanks buddy)

hope you enjoy

cheers
Old 07-05-2014, 05:24 PM
green
Pro

What a fun video!
I love your car, but the black one's sound is insane!!

Quick Reply: NEW MOTOR / NEW VIDEO