Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So much fun. Love the exhaust note
Old 06-22-2014, 06:20 PM
OCturbo
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh great. I was leaning towards a new zo6 until I saw this vid!
Old 06-22-2014, 09:32 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,976 Likes on 919 Posts

My god that sound!! Great video arth
Old 06-22-2014, 11:21 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,465 Likes on 764 Posts

We all got to be excited. In an age where everyone going to Turbo engines the GT3 and 458/Speciale are the swan song . These cars are almost impossible to get and 5 years from now these cars will be still highly sort after.

The million dollar question; does Porsche go out with a bang with a 500 hp plus NA engine in the RS???

You can't tell me it is not killing you to find out.
Old 06-23-2014, 03:37 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by Fadi1
So much fun. Love the exhaust note
Originally Posted by OCturbo
Oh great. I was leaning towards a new zo6 until I saw this vid!
Originally Posted by CAlexio
My god that sound!! Great video arth
Glad your all enjoying the vid.

should be new one up soon with full redline sounds!

cheers
Old 06-23-2014, 05:10 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Arth
Glad your all enjoying the vid.

should be new one up soon with full redline sounds!

cheers
Yes!! Also can you give us some info on your mounting of the mic to pick up the full sound of the exhaust.
Old 06-23-2014, 05:20 AM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by skuplist
Yes!! Also can you give us some info on your mounting of the mic to pick up the full sound of the exhaust.
Oh sorry found the set up in your other post!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:21 AM
1198r
Pro

Originally Posted by Arth
Glad this Thread was started!

Heres my Video as promises.

introduction to the car
blue light in interment cluster
start up noise
Driving on the streets

please keep in mind that I'm breaking in the car and short shifting at maximum 5.5k to 6k RPM

cheers
Awesome! I drove my mates one before the engine issue and it did not sound like that! Thanks for posting and if u see me about give me a toot!
Old 06-23-2014, 06:30 AM
Arth
Racer

Originally Posted by 1198r
Awesome! I drove my mates one before the engine issue and it did not sound like that! Thanks for posting and if u see me about give me a toot!
Cheers mate. Will do
Old 06-23-2014, 09:27 AM
widers911
Burning Brakes

Received 229 Likes on 96 Posts

great video! thanks for sharing. that exhaust note is incredible for stock. can't imagine how bad a$$ it would sound with a bypass.

looking forward to more videos once the car is broken in...hear that sweet song at redline
Old 06-23-2014, 12:26 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

I've never heard 9k rpm in real life.
In videos the 9000 RPM sounds like a toy, or tin can rattling..

Anyone heard it in REAL LIFE and can comment..

. I imagine the mic's can't pic it up. I'm sure it sounds awesome in real life. -- I think the Evo car of year is the only video w/ 9k that sounds good.
-- I'm sure Arths will be cool when they come out too..

--I'm sure everyone's seen this video. Here at 9k ( I imagine they hitting 9k.. ) . it sounds like a factory race car..
Old 06-23-2014, 01:31 PM
philgva
Track Day

Hi, thanks for watching my video post 3. We had two day track at Paul Ricard, France. The car ran perfectly. True the 991 Turbo was pulling away, it is the S version. But then cornering and braking the GT3 is faster. Then the Turbo could not do more than 5 laps before it turbo manifold detached itself, it is made out of olastic and with heat and pressure it disconnect and you loose power. Same happen with a friend 12C who was pulling away but catching back in corner and braking even with her aero vent. Then he had water cooling exploding in the engine compartment. I did 7 sessions ranging between 30-40mn without any issue. I had made some improvement in the car especially the geometrie, brake pads, brake line. The car is just great. I had also the Pirelli Trofeo R which were great. I did not like the Michelin when I tried last December on the same track. We were 5 friends with the 991 GT3, sorry for my US folks we got car and engines replaced rapidly... We all had a great 2 day track. One of the 5 car had a problem with an electric part which was replaced on the track. Otherwise no issue to report the car ran flawless
Old 06-23-2014, 02:17 PM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by philgva
Hi, thanks for watching my video post 3. We had two day track at Paul Ricard, France. The car ran perfectly. True the 991 Turbo was pulling away, it is the S version. But then cornering and braking the GT3 is faster. Then the Turbo could not do more than 5 laps before it turbo manifold detached itself, it is made out of olastic and with heat and pressure it disconnect and you loose power. Same happen with a friend 12C who was pulling away but catching back in corner and braking even with her aero vent. Then he had water cooling exploding in the engine compartment. I did 7 sessions ranging between 30-40mn without any issue. I had made some improvement in the car especially the geometrie, brake pads, brake line. The car is just great. I had also the Pirelli Trofeo R which were great. I did not like the Michelin when I tried last December on the same track. We were 5 friends with the 991 GT3, sorry for my US folks we got car and engines replaced rapidly... We all had a great 2 day track. One of the 5 car had a problem with an electric part which was replaced on the track. Otherwise no issue to report the car ran flawless
philgva, many thanks for your supporting update and detail on the event
great to hear of such solid performance of your car and how well you drive it is most impressive ! I started this thread three days ago and now 2500 plus folks checking it out is cool
What kind of video set up are you using that shows all the data , gear, tach
G meter etc. ? It sure is great.
Most importantly Thanks for such a great video post on RENNTEAM !!

Last edited by R.Deacon; 06-24-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 06-23-2014, 02:46 PM
Arth
Racer

Thank you for this information! And great driving!
Old 06-23-2014, 02:52 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Fantastic video, info, and driving!

Specifically, the durability of the new GT3 on the track is very welcome information for all!

Quick Reply: NEW MOTOR / NEW VIDEO