Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2015, 02:41 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cbdoc
What does V070 actually mean?
"ORDER DEMAND RELEASED FOR ORDER"

This is the final step before we get the allocation and switch the Order Demand V070 car into a production V200 status car. We are trying to show Porsche with our V070 Order Demands that we have many clients wanting the car in the unlikely hope they may increase production...
Old 02-12-2015, 02:44 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Sonnen Porsche

This is the final step before we get the allocation and switch the Order Demand V070 car into a production V200 status car. We are trying to show Porsche with our V070 Order Demands that we have many clients wanting the car in the unlikely hope they may increase production...
Old 02-12-2015, 02:45 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,245 Posts

Originally Posted by Conekilr
Holomagation ??

doubt it... X51 is just a bunch of intake side change for the most part.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:06 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Brett: Several people emailed me to ask when US dealers first received allocations for the GT4. Since you work at a dealership and are a Rennlist sponsor, can you shed some light on this subject?

a) I assume you already have some GT4 allocations from PCNA. When did Sonnen first received it's initial GT4 allocations?

b) When does Sonnen expect to receive it's second batch of GT4 allocations to arrive? Will it coincide with your expected allocations for normal production models - 991's, Panameras, etc?

c) What information has Sonnen received as to GT4 production numbers expected for MY2016? You stated before that it will be introduced as a MY2016 model, arriving this summer at your dealership. And the initial internet forum banter was a prediction of a small run of perhaps 600 (?) GT4's for the model year. Was that for world or just US?

d) Any other restrictions you have seen in the order guides. You have previously stated that only a few colors are available, regardless what the configurator currently shows. Any developments on that score? When is European Delivery first available on the GT4? Does ED comes out of your US allocation or is considered an 'extra'? You have mentioned that dealers do not get any extra allocation if you do ED...is that still the case?

e) Any word when/if PTS will be allowed on this model?

Thanks in advance for your responses. And feel free to add any other information you have learned about the GT4 which is not yet common knowledge on forums like ours.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 02-12-2015, 04:35 PM
WonderWagon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GT4 comes with brembos??? Is that right? If so, thats news to me...
Old 02-12-2015, 04:38 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,434 Likes on 2,245 Posts

Originally Posted by WonderWagon
GT4 comes with brembos??? Is that right? If so, thats news to me...
comes with Porsche OEM (GT3) brakes which may well (Still) be developed by Brembo 380mm steels or 410/380mm PCCB.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:45 PM
WonderWagon
Instructor

Looks like Brembo still makes them...
Old 02-12-2015, 04:47 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by WonderWagon
https://twitter.com/BremboBrakes/sta...10722916261891

Looks like Brembo still makes them...
Yes, Brembo makes all of Porsche's brakes (except some on Macan). But they make a special design just for Porsche that are not shared with their aftermarket kits nor other brands' OEM brakes.
Old 02-12-2015, 04:58 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have been in touch with Europe last 24 hrs and was led to believe no allocations have yet been made available to dealer and these would not become available until last few days of Feb/first few days of March...maybe this was only for Euro dealers?
Old 02-12-2015, 06:10 PM
sapman
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

The UK allocations are trickling out now:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...ssion+Forum%2E
Old 02-12-2015, 06:32 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
I have been in touch with Europe last 24 hrs and was led to believe no allocations have yet been made available to dealer and these would not become available until last few days of Feb/first few days of March...maybe this was only for Euro dealers?
No US allocations yet and PTS is probably a no go due to the spoiler supplier being unlikely to be able to do it.

Last edited by NateOZ; 02-12-2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-12-2015, 06:43 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,720 Likes on 2,691 Posts

Originally Posted by NateOZ
No US allocations yet and PTS is probably a no go due to the spoiler supplier being unlikely to be able to do it.
If the spoilers were delivered painted white or black, it would be a pretty simple job to have it painted to match the rest of the car after purchase.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
A430v
Racer

I lurk quietly and work at a dealer. :-P

No allocations yet - though as previous members have said, we are entering orders in as V070 to show PCNA the strong interest for this car in hopes of getting more allocations.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:21 PM
Sonnen Porsche
Former Vendor

Received 104 Likes on 29 Posts

Brett: Several people emailed me to ask when US dealers first received allocations for the GT4. Since you work at a dealership and are a Rennlist sponsor, can you shed some light on this subject?

a) I assume you already have some GT4 allocations from PCNA. When did Sonnen first received it's initial GT4 allocations?

No allocations as yet.

b) When does Sonnen expect to receive it's second batch of GT4 allocations to arrive? Will it coincide with your expected allocations for normal production models - 991's, Panameras, etc?

We have not received our first batch of allocations as yet so it is hard to predict when we will get another round for this car. We are due our standard allocation (not including pool cars) on March 5th.

c) What information has Sonnen received as to GT4 production numbers expected for MY2016? You stated before that it will be introduced as a MY2016 model, arriving this summer at your dealership. And the initial internet forum banter was a prediction of a small run of perhaps 600 (?) GT4's for the model year. Was that for world or just US?

US production currently looks very limited and perhaps as few as 600 units. We are hopeful there will be a second production year run of an additional 600 units but that has not been confirmed 100% as yet..

d) Any other restrictions you have seen in the order guides. You have previously stated that only a few colors are available, regardless what the configurator currently shows. Any developments on that score? When is European Delivery first available on the GT4? Does ED comes out of your US allocation or is considered an 'extra'? You have mentioned that dealers do not get any extra allocation if you do ED...iSpydes that still the case?

The color restriction is only for the first batch of cars going to the 918 Spyder clients who can only choose the basic 4 colors plus Jet Black Metallic. Any builds after April are not affected by this restriction. ED comes out of our allocation and we do not receive any additional slots just like the GT3 as the Cayman GT4 is a limited production car as well. European delivery should be available in May/June.

e) Any word when/if PTS will be allowed on this model?

No plans for PTS at this time....that could change but I am not holding my breath for it.

Thanks in advance for your responses. And feel free to add any other information you have learned about the GT4 which is not yet common knowledge on forums like ours.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel[/QUOTE]
Old 02-12-2015, 07:41 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

European delivery should be available in May/June.
Thanks very much for the info. The ED mentioned above would be when we could pick cars up? LeMans is 13-14 June, that might line up very well...

Quick Reply: OT: Cayman GT4