Sponsored by:

Engine Swap Dates

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 05:49 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Mike, I would wager PCNA has the information. PAG sent the information to ALL the centers. PCGB, EU, Far East and Middle East are already communicating the schedules. PAG would not parcel this information out. I am not sure why the hold up with us but it better be for a damn good reason like adjusting the compensation package.
I agree with you, Nick. For sure, they have the info at this point.
Old 05-06-2014, 07:49 PM
0Q991
Drifting

FWIW, a UK poster on PistonHeads received their car on 1/21 and is now scheduled to receive the swap "mid June."
Old 05-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Mike, I would wager PCNA has the information. PAG sent the information to ALL the centers. PCGB, EU, Far East and Middle East are already communicating the schedules. PAG would not parcel this information out. I am not sure why the hold up with us but it better be for a damn good reason like adjusting the compensation package.
Originally Posted by 0Q991
I agree with you, Nick. For sure, they have the info at this point.
At this point, guys, the only thing that matters is when the phone rings and the caller ID says "Porsche". Beyond that, I'm not "sure" about anything.....
Old 05-06-2014, 10:38 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
At this point, guys, the only thing that matters is when the phone rings and the caller ID says "Porsche". Beyond that, I'm not "sure" about anything.....
Haha. Very wise, Mike.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:01 PM
Fadi1
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Well when they call me it's always "no caller ID". Maybe they don't want me to call back. He he
Old 05-06-2014, 11:34 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Commission number: 104884
VIN: 3144
Port of Entry: Davisville, Rhode Island
GT3 present location: at dealer
Old 05-07-2014, 12:16 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

Ian called me this morning on some other things we needed to discuss but we had a very good positive discussion. I like this guy and I think under the circumstances he has been very Professional and has done his best to get back to me, when necessary. He said he has been out a little bit dealing with a dear he hit in his car this weekend. I told him I lived in Atlanta for about 6 years and he probably hit the only dearr in Atlanta

So this is what I learned. He just came out of a meeting and we should have the expected dates if not this week, then next. Some Dealers have been given estimated dates which are incorrect. They will be using expected delivery dates on the original cars as their basis for engine replacements(as I expected). But- there may be some wiggle room ect for certain unforeseen circumstances. I asked him if I will be seeing my car before July 4th and I would not hold him to anything. He said here in the States they are hoping to get the engines here by end of May and the owners who took possession swapped right away so that could be end of May early June. My car at the Port he said would be hopeful by end of June early July. I told him if it is going to not happen until Aug/Sept and with the 2015s coming out Oct/Nov this would put me in a difficult situation but we can reserve those conversation, if necessary, for a later date.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:21 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
Ian called me this morning on some other things we needed to discuss but we had a very good positive discussion. I like this guy and I think under the circumstances he has been very Professional and has done his best to get back to me, when necessary. He said he has been out a little bit dealing with a dear he hit in his car this weekend. I told him I lived in Atlanta for about 6 years and he probably hit the only dearr in Atlanta So this is what I learned. He just came out of a meeting and we should have the expected dates if not this week, then next. Some Dealers have been given estimated dates which are incorrect. They will be using expected delivery dates on the original cars as their basis for engine replacements(as I expected). But- there may be some wiggle room ect for certain unforeseen circumstances. I asked him if I will be seeing my car before July 4th and I would not hold him to anything. He said here in the States they are hoping to get the engines here by end of May and the owners who took possession swapped right away so that could be end of May early June. My car at the Port he said would be hopeful by end of June early July. I told him if it is going to not happen until Aug/Sept and with the 2015s coming out Oct/Nov this would put me in a difficult situation but we can reserve those conversation, if necessary, for a later date.
Jim--thanks! This is helpful, particularly the part where Ian said some dealers were given dates that are incorrect. That may explain what was told to allans friend who is Cat B and told September.

This also puts the US deliveries similarly on par with the UAE.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:32 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Jim--thanks! This is helpful, particularly the part where Ian said some dealers were given dates that are incorrect. That may explain what was told to allans friend who is Cat B and told September.

This also puts the US deliveries similarly on par with the UAE.
Jim, I have only spoke with Ian a couple of times and you're right he is professional and does his job well.

If his estimates are correct it will change my calculus regarding the car. If Porsche planned on installing my engine in September I was seriously thinking of walking away for the reasons you cite. June early July install make the decision to take the car much easier.

Thanks for the update. It took the steam out of my ears.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:44 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So this is what I learned. He just came out of a meeting and we should have the expected dates if not this week, then next. Some Dealers have been given estimated dates which are incorrect. They will be using expected delivery dates on the original cars as their basis for engine replacements(as I expected). But- there may be some wiggle room ect for certain unforeseen circumstances. I asked him if I will be seeing my car before July 4th and I would not hold him to anything. He said here in the States they are hoping to get the engines here by end of May and the owners who took possession swapped right away so that could be end of May early June. My car at the Port he said would be hopeful by end of June early July. I told him if it is going to not happen until Aug/Sept and with the 2015s coming out Oct/Nov this would put me in a difficult situation but we can reserve those conversation, if necessary, for a later date.
Man, I sure hope this is correct. If so, I'd be in my car in 4 weeks as I took delivery 12/31/13!!! I am trying to curb my enthusiasm.
Old 05-07-2014, 12:51 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,383 Likes on 719 Posts

I am only convey what was discussed on my phone call this morning. It does make a whole lot of sense to me and does appear to be in line or close to what we all thought.

I told him I would not hold him to my date but he seemed pretty clear about what they were using for basing future dates of the engine replacement
Old 05-07-2014, 12:53 PM
0Q991
Drifting

I am only convey what was discussed on my phone call this morning. It does make a whole lot of sense to me and does appear to be in line or close to what we all thought. I told him I would not hold him to my date but he seemed pretty clear about what they were using for basing future dates of the engine replacement
Agreed. Anything can happen--but everything he told you seemed clear and clearly in line, logically, with what we assumed and what has started to happen in other markets.

Let's hope our expectations are met and that we are not faced with a negative surprise once those calls start pouring in.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

From RT board. Apparently its a picture of the first engine received in Switzerland....
Attached Images  
Old 05-07-2014, 05:57 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Macca
From RT board. Apparently its a picture of the first engine received in Switzerland....
Looks like a box with an umbrella, a glass of wine and two spears in it to me.
The excitement is building, like falling in love all over again.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:59 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yip. Thats what I thought too. However I want to believe....

Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates