Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine Swap Dates

Old 07-25-2014, 05:12 PM
jfr0317
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Doubtful. Your car was build about two weeks before mine. Porsche seems to be adhering to the schedule of replacing engines based on build dates. I have no idea how many cars our ahead of me in the US.
True, but you won't have to deal with the transit time from the swap location back to the port as I have to (approximately 4-5 days from Atlanta to Houston).
Old 07-25-2014, 05:36 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jfr0317
True, but you won't have to deal with the transit time from the swap location back to the port as I have to (approximately 4-5 days from Atlanta to Houston).
Good point. Hope you are right.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:00 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Doubtful. Your car was build about two weeks before mine. Porsche seems to be adhering to the schedule of replacing engines based on build dates. I have no idea how many cars are ahead of me in the US.
Nick,
Respectfully, I disagree that PAG is "adhering...". In fact, a senior PCNA official told me this is NOT true.
I have lost respect for the people!
Old 07-26-2014, 12:02 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Nick,
Respectfully, I disagree that PAG is "adhering...". In fact, a senior PCNA official told me this is NOT true.
I have lost respect for the people!
I would love to know what you did to Porsche. I cannot believe how they are treating you. Going from a May delivery to October/November after some 2015 have been delivered is unacceptable and unfair.

I am disappointed with Porsche if they stick to that timetable with your car.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:21 PM
Clocked
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GTEE3, mine had a stop date of February 14th. It was on the production line at the time.

Mine should arrive in RI next week and then at my dealer assume a week later. I will get my car before some of those that had cars at port in the US at the time of stop sale. Why, no idea but Porsche IS NOT following what they said i.e. those that paid, then those at ports, those finished but in Germany, last but not least those on the production line at time of stop sale.

Let's face it, how many times has Porsche said something about the entire GT3 issue that has turned out to be incorrect. As most of us on this forum have said - terrible communication and very poor PR.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:38 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Clocked
GTEE3, mine had a stop date of February 14th. It was on the production line at the time.

Mine should arrive in RI next week and then at my dealer assume a week later. I will get my car before some of those that had cars at port in the US at the time of stop sale. Why, no idea but Porsche IS NOT following what they said i.e. those that paid, then those at ports, those finished but in Germany, last but not least those on the production line at time of stop sale.

Let's face it, how many times has Porsche said something about the entire GT3 issue that has turned out to be incorrect. As most of us on this forum have said - terrible communication and very poor PR.
Gary, for whatever reason Porsche caters to you. I wish I had your influence. It may be that in the past 13 years I only have bought 7 Porsche's.
Old 07-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

At this point it really does not matter to me. If someone gets their car ahead of me that should not of; I am happy for them. My car will be here some time in Aug so whether it is Aug 14 or 25 they are pretty much paying me daily. Plus, based on my Aug schedule with vacation and business travel I do not think I will be able to pick it up towards the end of Aug an way. Yes, I want my GT3 but week here or there does not bother me any more now that it as been almost 5 months. I had my Detailer come to my house last week and he did a great job my Red C2S and it looks great. I know, it is only a Loaner but I sill like my cars looking good ad this Guy is inexpensive. Been using him for about 8 years.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:44 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

I would love to know what you did to Porsche. I cannot believe how they are treating you. Going from a May delivery to October/November after some 2015 have been delivered is unacceptable and unfair.

I am disappointed with Porsche if they stick to that timetable with your car.
^
Nick,
I am not the only one with this BS. Another RL'er with an Orig. delivery a week prior to mine, has the same New delivery date in November.
A couple weeks/months delay probably should not mean much, but when you live in a city when Winter starts in November, it IS a big deal!
and btw, I have bought as many new Pcars as you in the last 10 yrs...but, that is history now.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:22 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 309 Likes on 154 Posts

^
Nick,
I am not the only one with this BS. Another RL'er with an Orig. delivery a week prior to mine, has the same New delivery date in November.
A couple weeks/months delay probably should not mean much, but when you live in a city when Winter starts in November, it IS a big deal!
and btw, I have bought as many new Pcars as you in the last 10 yrs...but, that is history now.
That would be ME.....My original delivery date was May 16'th. As of last week, per Ian, my car shows completion date of 8/29 with dealer inventory as of 11/7. Neither date makes any sense to me, however Porsche has been holding the line on both dates for a few months now. If you think about it, it makes NO sense: I get a 2014 after some get 2015 MY, AND....I have ordered many Porsches and NONE taken 10 weeks to get to the dealer, as indicated by current dates.....GRRRRRRRR......
Old 07-26-2014, 11:56 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,382 Likes on 719 Posts

Lets see how his all plays out. Clocked it getting his car soon and I suspect Porsche may surprise all the 2014s with earlier than expected deliveries.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:56 AM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

My most recent update is as follows:
Engine Swap at the factory on September 12
Delivery to dealer on November 7

and my original delivery date was May 9 and my car was finished with the old engine on March 20.

There is a lot which has gone on which is not equitable, but if you are set on the car you endure. Admittedly, it does add insult to injury to have 2015s get their engine before me, but Porsche isn't going to stop the line while they wait for my swap.
Old 07-27-2014, 10:25 AM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RUF RS
That would be ME.....My original delivery date was May 16'th. As of last week, per Ian, my car shows completion date of 8/29 with dealer inventory as of 11/7. Neither date makes any sense to me, however Porsche has been holding the line on both dates for a few months now. If you think about it, it makes NO sense: I get a 2014 after some get 2015 MY, AND....I have ordered many Porsches and NONE taken 10 weeks to get to the dealer, as indicated by current dates.....GRRRRRRRR......
^
RUF RS,
our buddy Cyrek had the same Orig. Delivery date as Clocked, and Cyrek's Updated Delivery date will be approx. THREE months later than Clocked!

And you are right, "it makes no sense", your Orig. Delivery date was a week later than mine, but your car apparently is now scheduled to be completed TWO weeks BEFORE mine! I give up.
Old 07-27-2014, 11:35 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^ RUF RS, our buddy Cyrek had the same Orig. Delivery date as Clocked, and Cyrek's Updated Delivery date will be approx. THREE months later than Clocked! And you are right, "it makes no sense", your Orig. Delivery date was a week later than mine, but your car apparently is now scheduled to be completed TWO weeks BEFORE mine! I give up.
Mine was right there as well. My delivery date got moved up to Sept 5, so it appears the dates are all over the place.
Old 07-27-2014, 05:46 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
My original deliver date was May 2, which became the 9th. Completion date was Feb 28th I think, which is now showing 7/25, as of last Monday with a deliver date of 10/2. I am anxiously awaiting my Monday update to see if my car was actually completed.

My car is coming through the San Diego port.
Old 07-28-2014, 06:39 PM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by az audi
My original deliver date was May 2, which became the 9th. Completion date was Feb 28th I think, which is now showing 7/25, as of last Monday with a deliver date of 10/2. I am anxiously awaiting my Monday update to see if my car was actually completed.

My car is coming through the San Diego port.
Update: Car completed 7/23 and entered port 7/25. Dealer date now showing 9/19. This thing a REAL AGAIN!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine Swap Dates