Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 08:04 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Just Jordan
I didn't have to pay for the car before, so it looks like i might get burned. It did feel weird getting a Porsche turbo for 3 weeks no questions asked, while in the back of my head thinking what would happen if i decided not to take the GT3 when it arrived.
You're one lucky man! I paid for my car in advance of ED, but my ED was cancelled and was never offered a loaner either (and I did ask). As much as i'm happy for you, i'm actually now more pissed at PCNA than ever! I've since cancelled, and I did get all of my money back....
Old 05-15-2014, 08:30 PM
frozen
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After watching this forum for months I figured I would chime in and maybe vent alittle. Has anyone bought a replacement car for the summer driving season? My situation is my car turned into a June delivery and now is a 2015my with delivery who knows when. Because of our short driving season I've now purchased myself a 2013 gallardo so I have something to drive this year. Problem is I don't need 2 cars when my GT3 comes in so essentially I have bought this gallardo in the peak price season and I will have to sell it in the low season. I will be out considerably more than an extended warranty and then still will sit on my GT3 for 6 months before I can put it on the road. Yes I understand the people in group A are out of pockett already and group B will have a car almost a model year old, however group c people like me forced to go buy another car are now looking to be out some serious cash as well and sitting on our new car which normally I wouldnt go buy in November.
Just my 2 cents, kinda wish I din't want this damn car so bad!!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:34 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Frozen, welcome.
Dump it.
Get money back, buy a relic like I did and put deposits down on the Cayman Gt3 and RS.
No stress, lots of track time and let the beta testers show if the Gt3 will ever work on track. So far, not so good...

You can always buy the Cayman or RS to sample them, sell them and the gaillardia and get a 2015 gt3.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:45 PM
frozen
2nd Gear

Easier said I'm hoping if there is some cash being thrown around I will use it to offset the hit when I sell the Gallardo.
Old 05-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

There's alot of talk of a Cayman GT3 in the last week. A poorly written "spotted" article that referenced Andreas P by saying "sources close to to AP says he like a mid engined platform". Who doesn't! Im very very sceptical. Mind you I have reason to be when it comes to Porsche these days!

It would be nice tho.

If you want a new Porsche as a reliable track day car moving forward you will need to accept some risk. We aren't working off a 20 year platform any longer. It may even pay to look at an older car and make it more reliable. Very few people I have met in the Porsche world track a car as hard as TRAKCAR however (40-50 full day tracks a year) so maybe reliability wouldnt be such an issue for most folks.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:10 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
No compensation, now extended warranty and no loaner. They get the best car of all of us. They win we loose. We get lemons they get peaches.
Clocked I know 14 guys moved to 15 that have loaners and I heard Ian discuss compensation also.
Old 05-16-2014, 11:28 AM
Porsche997s
Advanced

How were they able to get a loaner, I am consistently being told no ?
Old 05-16-2014, 02:18 PM
MyenShi
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Porsche997s
PCNA told my dealer that they could give me a loaner if they wanted to, but were not obligated to do so. Essentially, they passed the buck and decision over to the dealer side.

Management was divided on whether to provide one or not, but my very helpful sales rep pushed it through, getting the sales manager to agree by virtue of having purchased so many vehicles from them.
Old 05-17-2014, 03:22 AM
Cyrek
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche997s
INSIST ON A LOANER OR AN EQUITABLE ALTERNATIVE!!!!

you guys deserve a loaner get one do not give up send emails to everyone you can think of repeatedly until you get your loaner or $. Call too.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:21 AM
green
Pro

If your dealer stonewalls on the loaner, your only alternative is to suck it up and hammer them when the post purchase survey arrives.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Now I am getting pissed. On RT European GT3 owners are posting they are getting or received more the 20K in compensation after they received their cars with the engine replacement. Here is what one poster posted after a US poster questioned the expectation of Igirl who posts here expecting to receive 24K shortly.

I actually got 22k already back into my bank account so are my other friends, thanks to the center.

The issue came up in the context of expected depreciation between the 2014-2105 models.

Why are we in the US being given less? Europe GT3 owners received loaners, additional year warranty and got their cars sooner. I know we are happy to get our cars back but we should not roll over on this issue. It is not fair. We represent a large market for Porsche and if anything we should expect to be treated equally.
Old 06-24-2014, 01:08 PM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Now I am getting pissed. On RT European GT3 owners are posting they are getting or received more the 20K in compensation after they received their cars with the engine replacement. Here is what one poster posted after a US poster questioned the expectation of Igirl who posts here expecting to receive 24K shortly.

I actually got 22k already back into my bank account so are my other friends, thanks to the center.

The issue came up in the context of expected depreciation between the 2014-2105 models.

Why are we in the US being given less? Europe GT3 owners received loaners, additional year warranty and got their cars sooner. I know we are happy to get our cars back but we should not roll over on this issue. It is not fair. We represent a large market for Porsche and if anything we should expect to be treated equally.
I would venture to guess that the overall percentage compared to purchase price may be the issue? We pay a lot less for the car. Just a guess.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:10 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I would venture to guess that the overall percentage compared to purchase price may be the issue? We pay a lot less for the car. Just a guess.
Good point. I feel better already. And this car is punching way out of it's weight class for the $$.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by doubleurx
I don't believe that is correct. They pay more because of the VAT tax which is 19%. In the Middle East they pay less than we do.

This is just wrong and I will not allow the exuberance of getting our cars back in the near future to blind me to this unfairness. If there is a valid reason Porsche is discriminating against US buyers we have a right to know what it is.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,389 Likes on 720 Posts

^ I agree with you Nick. It is not the money as much is it about being fair. If we are getting screwed here in the Sates - I am not happy.
Nick - maybe we should send an email to PCNA once we get a more detailed account of what they are receiving. I would like to know what type of formula are they using over there.

$20,000 plus is almost $4000 per month

Quick Reply: Compensation