Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Compensation

Old 04-17-2014, 06:23 PM
skuplist
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Clocked
As a FYI, if you had a 2014 production car that was moved to a 2015 PNA confirmed you get zero as you have a new car with no taint.
The letters did come to us quoting some type of compensation if you were moved to 2015.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:26 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skuplist
The letters did come to us quoting some type of compensation if you were moved to 2015.
My bet is a voucher for Tequipment, service, or parts.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:38 PM
GTGTGT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked with PCNA today and they promised $2k per month prorated for time between April 15, 2014 (original delivery date) and when the car is actually delivered. The car will come with a 1yr additional warranty or 100k miles.

Letter------
As per our conversation earlier today, here is a copy of the original email sent to GT3 customers. If you have any further questions about your case, please feel free to contact the Porsche Contact Center at 1-800-PORSCHE option 3 and reference you case number 5294941.
Dear Mr. Strain:
I am writing as promised to inform you about the current status of our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have purchased.
We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation. As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche.
We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new engines the week of April 22nd. These engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date.
As soon as the new engine for your Porsche 911 GT3 is available, we will make contact with you again to make specific arrangements. Please be assured that we will document the installation of the new engine into your vehicle and will provide you with a certificate to this effect.
Furthermore, as a gesture of our appreciation for your loyalty to Porsche, we will apply an additional 12-month Porsche Approved warranty to your 991 GT3 which will commence upon the expiration of the normal Porsche New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need.
I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience.
Yours sincerely,

Tim Quinn
Vice President, AfterSales
Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:47 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by GTGTGT
I talked with PCNA today and they promised $2k per month prorated for time between April 15, 2014 (original delivery date) and when the car is actually delivered. The car will come with a 1yr additional warranty or 100k miles. Letter------ As per our conversation earlier today, here is a copy of the original email sent to GT3 customers. If you have any further questions about your case, please feel free to contact the Porsche Contact Center at 1-800-PORSCHE option 3 and reference you case number 5294941. Dear Mr. Strain: I am writing as promised to inform you about the current status of our solution to the issue with the Porsche 911 GT3 model you have purchased. We are aware that you are currently faced with an unsatisfactory situation. As a Porsche customer, you rightfully expect excellence in product and service performance. This particularly applies to you as a GT3 customer, as a brand ambassador with a shared passion for Porsche. We are in the final phase of logistics planning and technical validation for the optimized piston rod screw connection and we will start production of the new engines the week of April 22nd. These engines will be distributed worldwide for installation in all 991-generation GT3 models built to date. As soon as the new engine for your Porsche 911 GT3 is available, we will make contact with you again to make specific arrangements. Please be assured that we will document the installation of the new engine into your vehicle and will provide you with a certificate to this effect. Furthermore, as a gesture of our appreciation for your loyalty to Porsche, we will apply an additional 12-month Porsche Approved warranty to your 991 GT3 which will commence upon the expiration of the normal Porsche New Vehicle Limited Warranty. Additionally, we wish to compensate you for your inability to drive your GT3 during this time. Our GT3 Concierge will be in touch with you shortly to discuss the specifics and will also be at your service for any other individual assistance you may need. I apologize once again for the inconvenience caused by this issue and thank you for your patience. Yours sincerely, Tim Quinn Vice President, AfterSales Porsche Cars North America, Inc.
Any new info on timing? Or when they will notify us of timing?
Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 57 Posts

Today they told me within two weeks. I also understand that the plan is for technicians from Germany to do the install. To what extent that will slow the process is unknown. I suppose they can do the cars in PDI but what about those at the dealer? Or they could send the cars in PDI to the closest dealer and do the work there.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:05 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by Nick
Today they told me within two weeks. I also understand that the plan is for technicians from Germany to do the install. To what extent that will slow the process is unknown. I suppose they can do the cars in PDI but what about those at the dealer? Or they could send the cars in PDI to the closest dealer and do the work there.
Maybe it is situation specific? Some ports seek to have a huge number of GT3s piled up--like Rhode Island. But San Diego is not nearly as many correct?
Old 04-17-2014, 09:44 PM
allans
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jimmy-d, I have been told today that porsche will ONLY pay what is on your Sales Agreement whether you already have a car or the transaction is still open. NO SALES TAX REBATE IF IT WAS NOT PAID OR ON Sales Agreement. WTF !!!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Allans. Time to join our group? We now have almost 100 global GT3 stakeholders. That's a fair proportion of the 785 cars supposedly produced....
Old 04-17-2014, 10:43 PM
Bluehinder
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by allans
Jimmy-d, I have been told today that porsche will ONLY pay what is on your Sales Agreement whether you already have a car or the transaction is still open. NO SALES TAX REBATE IF IT WAS NOT PAID OR ON Sales Agreement. WTF !!!
I don't understand, could you please explain? I don't follow. If it wasn't on the sales agreement, or if not paid, then where was it for Porsche to reimburse?

I'd like to be clear on this.

Thanks.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:59 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
I don't understand, could you please explain? I don't follow. If it wasn't on the sales agreement, or if not paid, then where was it for Porsche to reimburse?

I'd like to be clear on this.

Thanks.
You buy the car somewhere, and then go to your DMV to register it and get a tag. They collect the tax there. Ergo- no sales tax on Bill Of Sale. Variety of situations this can happen, for example out of state dealer. I always wound up paying Sales Tax at the DMV.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:33 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

Blue, If you paid sales tax AND it is on the Sales Contract it will be paid. If it is a CREDIT for sales tax paid by trading in another car, it will NOT be reimbursed. ONLY ACTUAL COSTS ON THE SALES AGREEMENT WILL BE REIMBURSED.
They claim they are paying what the Lemon Law would require and nothing else. This is in spite of the fact that on a Buy Back the car will NOT go thru the Lemon Law process. Allan
Old 04-18-2014, 11:45 AM
allans
Burning Brakes

Savy, I don't know about the situation you describe, may be an issue too. What i'm reporting is a sale and registration in the same state were no tax is actually paid to DMV, but is a credit from a trade in. Allan
Old 04-18-2014, 11:49 AM
carcommander
Rennlist Member

Received 275 Likes on 151 Posts

Allan, will they let you use the sales tax credit for a different car?
Old 04-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

I spoke with Ian this morning regarding covering the sales tax credit. He will let me know Monday. He said that in my case that the 'stop sale' had a direct financial impact on me. He has escalated this upstairs and I will know on Monday. I will advise when I here.

Allans_ who did you here your info directly from?
Old 04-18-2014, 01:11 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,379 Likes on 718 Posts

^ Yes, can use it for another car at the specific Porsche dealer where you made the trade

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Compensation