Sponsored by:

Compensation

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 03:42 PM
mike2727
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sgroer
If the swapped engine cars are the only ones to get a warranty extension, I'd be out. Ironically, that may repair the value of those cars and leave the remainder of the 2014's to devalue faster. Not to mention, there will always be the suspicion that the rebuilt engines were put into the cars built after the fix... unless Porsche implicitly states that's not the case (which they have not). There should be no reason why only swapped cars get warranty, as such a program would be designed to protect against the fix not being robust. I would expect no further compensation, whereas those with cars already delivered can certainly justify further amends. I really wish I didn't love this car so damn much. I'm so close to making the prudent decision to bail, but can't convince myself to do it.
That is why I decided not to accept the dealer allocation that was offered to me 2 days ago for a 2014 build
I will wait for a 2015, and more feedback from current owners after they get their cars back

Just my 0.02
Old 03-20-2014, 03:43 PM
exile330
5th Gear

I just called Porsche NA, the word is that they are finalizing the compensation package. We will be contacted once that is finalized.
Old 03-20-2014, 03:46 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by exile330
I just called Porsche NA, the word is that they are finalizing the compensation package. We will be contacted once that is finalized.
Did you speak with your assigned rep? Or just the general PCNA line? Are they finalizing a package for all affected parties (owners who paid and took delivery, owners who have cars at ports / dealers, etc.)?
Old 03-20-2014, 04:08 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

very interested about this.
Old 03-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Originally Posted by bakamon
I discussed my compensation with PC today:

If I take the engine replacement:
1. A loaner and a $150/day cash until my GT3 fixed and returned. (approved)
2. No loaner and a $200/day cash until my GT3 fixed and returned.(approved)
3. 30% discount from MSRP(w/op) cash refund. (they will report to PAG and reply me next week)
4. Extended 3 years Warranty. (they will report to PAG and reply me next week)
5. All fix and replacement must be down and return my GT3 before June 30, 2014.
※ They will offer me a loaner list next Monday, I will decide to take #1 or #2 after that.
The daily cash compensation started from Feb. 20, 2014.(stop drive announcement date)

If I reorder a 2015 GT3 or RS: (PAG released all 2015 models details but no GT3 only, strangely?)
1. 10% discount from MSRP and $20K free option on order. (they will report to PAG but it seems to be difficult to be approved)

So, after many good discussions with PC then my thought is:
If you stay in, you will get compensation you want if they don’t cross PAG’s bottom line.
What is their bottom line? Simply, it depends on how much a new buyer would pay for your fixed/engine replaced GT3?
MSRP~10% discount – Impossible !
20% discount – some but not 785

If you want to out, you will get nothing but can make yourself comfortable, save time and choose another toy which can make you happy.
I'm not getting this part. If you reorder a 2015 GT3 (and return your 2014?), then they give you 10% off MSRP and 20K worth of options?
Seems too good to be true.

Or do you mean if you keep your 2014, and sell it on your own, then... they'll give you that deal on a 2015?
Old 03-20-2014, 04:55 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by frayed
I was told point blank exactly the opposite. PAG is covering the cost of the loaners.
Exactly
Old 03-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Drifting
I'm not getting this part. If you reorder a 2015 GT3 (and return your 2014?), then they give you 10% off MSRP and 20K worth of options?
Seems too good to be true.

Or do you mean if you keep your 2014, and sell it on your own, then... they'll give you that deal on a 2015?
Only 1 and 2 on his list have apparently been approved. My understanding of the post is that the rest is stuff he's asking for.....
Old 03-20-2014, 07:22 PM
Petevb
Rennlist Member

Received 704 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in CA
Pete, the Driving on Race Circuits supplement follows.

As you pointed out, slicks are forbidden. However the key change to the language regarding tracking the car is on page 2. Previously, the manual read that track use WILL void the warranty. Now it says that track use MAY under some circumstances void the warranty IF the accelerated maintenance procedures outlined in the booklet aren't followed.
Thanks for that Mike. I had actually seen it before, but it's so caveated that it came across as quite conditional coverage. The mistake is largely mine, it's relatively clear when compared the previous GT3s, which said:
Originally Posted by 2010 GT3
Your vehicle warranty does not cover use in
competition, racing or track use or other events.
Components and/or parts that fail during racing
or driving events (including Porsche sponsored
events) will not be covered by the manufacturer
new car limited warranty or
the pre-owned vehicle
warranty.
I would re-state the new coverage as follows:

Your vehicle warranty does cover use in competition, racing or track use or other events as long as the following maintenance procedures are followed.

It's a big deal, and alleviates many of my concerns. If it will be combined with an extended warranty (years and mileage) and that's huge.
The specific procedures and cavities need clarification and perhaps some adjustment. It reads like you need to pull all four wheels before each 20 minute track session. Sure that wasn't the intent? I'd also like clarification- I suspect all DOT tires should be covered, hoosier (if they ever make them) or whatever.

This policy really should be restated and clarified IMHO, it's a huge advantage for the 991 GT3 that I personally hadn't understood. GM has done a good job publicising their version with the setup guide, etc...

Depending on details the RS begins to look awfully interesting.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:34 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got notification from my dealer, most pre-production cars are going to be built as MY2015. My build had slipped to June and is now a definite 2015 car.

PAG has not specified if it will be MY2015 with MY2014 options or MY2015 options.

Ryan
Old 03-20-2014, 07:53 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by reidry
Just got notification from my dealer, most pre-production cars are going to be built as MY2015. My build had slipped to June and is now a definite 2015 car. PAG has not specified if it will be MY2015 with MY2014 options or MY2015 options. Ryan
Is it all pre production orders? Or is there a cutoff date?
Old 03-20-2014, 08:14 PM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Is it all pre production orders? Or is there a cutoff date?
This is the series of text messages that my sales person sent me:

"They just announced that cars that are pre-production will be built as 2015 models. It will not delay the build any more than the engine delay time. Still no word on that timeframe though."

"Most unbuilt MY2014 GT3 orders will have to be moved to MY2015. Not all, but MOST."

"Yours is a definite though"

Ryan
Old 03-20-2014, 08:17 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,148 Likes on 566 Posts

Called PNA with a question if loaner influences compensation, and Katrina said she does not know. She did not know anything else and was not helpful in any way. She also said tat if I'm not happy qwith the loaner, it's up to the dealer to decide if I can get a better one. But it's not the dealer who f-ed up - so that does not make sense to me.

As much as I like the car and do not think changing engine is a big deal, I really do not like this handling of the situation. I'l just return the crappy loaner and pretend Porsche does not exist until they call me with an update that contains substance. If I had sold my old car by now, I'd have been pretty pissed.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:24 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I have found out Katrina to be how can I say this politely. hmmmm. Yesterday when she called me she started reading the letter we received last Monday line by line. I almost hanged up on her. We might ask for someone else beside Katrina otherwise good luck with her.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:44 PM
0Q991
Drifting

Originally Posted by reidry
This is the series of text messages that my sales person sent me: "They just announced that cars that are pre-production will be built as 2015 models. It will not delay the build any more than the engine delay time. Still no word on that timeframe though." "Most unbuilt MY2014 GT3 orders will have to be moved to MY2015. Not all, but MOST." "Yours is a definite though" Ryan
Thanks, Ryan.
Old 03-20-2014, 09:11 PM
LateBrake911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by silverrules
I have found out Katrina to be how can I say this politely. hmmmm. Yesterday when she called me she started reading the letter we received last Monday line by line. I almost hanged up on her. We might ask for someone else beside Katrina otherwise good luck with her.
Good one.. Like when you go to best buy and ask about a product, and they just start reading the label.. LOL..

Quick Reply: Compensation