Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop Sale?

Old 03-24-2014, 03:52 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kosmo
i think the vette has an E Diff vs the Z28's Mechanical one.
also I think theres just 1 suspension setting on the Z.
AND the Z has manual door handles.
Funny you mention that because I know someone who drives the new Stingray, on a track everyday, for a living. He (or she) is a very good driver. Their comment is that the e-diff is terrible for (fun) track work because it stays locked under trail-brake/corner entry. Can't get the car to turn unless you slow it down in a straight line and then turn in (to get the diff to unlock). Say otherwise it plows like a tractor on corner entry. He hates this characteristic as well as an electronic throttle latency.

How about them apples? Crazy man!

The Z/28 is specifically calibrated (both Diff and ABS) to allow for all the corner entry rotation under trail-brake that one might like.

Originally Posted by Nizer
How many cup holders that thing have Savy? Big gulp or regular size? Need to know the critical stuff here.
Dang! I forgot to check if they will fit Big Gulp, oh boy worried now. Also some folks will be put off because it can;t be ordered with a big 'ole honkin' center-of-the-dash clock as part of a $3000 option package

I feel guilty, as one might if poking poor caged animals at the zoo...
Old 03-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,418 Likes on 2,235 Posts

Originally Posted by savyboy
Funny you mention that because I know someone who drives the new Stingray, on a track everyday, for a living. He (or she) is a very good driver. Their comment is that the e-diff is terrible for (fun) track work because it stays locked under trail-brake/corner entry. Can't get the car to turn unless you slow it down in a straight line and then turn in (to get the diff to unlock). Say otherwise it plows like a tractor on corner entry. He hates this characteristic as well as an electronic throttle latency.

How about them apples? Crazy man!

The Z/28 is specifically calibrated (both Diff and ABS) to allow for all the corner entry rotation under trail-brake that one might like.

Dang! I forgot to check if they will fit Big Gulp, oh boy worried now.
Never mind the cupholders what about the chewing tobacco spittoon and the optional "Dukes of Hazzard" package including the rooftop confederate flag, "dixie" airhorn and hunting bow rack?

Also some folks will be put off because it can;t be ordered with a big 'ole honkin' center-of-the-dash clock as part of a $3000 option package

I feel guilty, as one might if poking poor caged animals at the zoo...
The importance of punctuality and good time keeping can never be undervalued!
Old 03-24-2014, 03:59 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 997TTMeteor
Yeah, I’d still feel the same way if the Mono was a Chev (or Ford). Love the single-seat super lightweight concept in general:
It's a shame Ford never brought that concept car to fruition. It's no Mono, but it would be a low-cost single-seat trackday toy that would be awesome and cheap fun to play with.

Yes, big cars = big consumables costs, no doubt.
Old 03-24-2014, 04:01 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Never mind the cupholders what about the chewing tobacco spittoon and the optional "Dukes of Hazzard" package including the rooftop confederate flag and "dixie" airhorn?

The importance of punctuality and good time keeping can never be undervalued!
Bwahhhh!

I am seriously considering buying a mullet wig, wife-beater shirt and buck teeth just for fun!

I didn't think about the Confederate flag, that's a great idea!
Attached Images  
Old 03-24-2014, 04:24 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I freely admit the Z/28's primary shortcoming, no deviated stitching option, may be off putting to some.
Not to many...just me! You know how I feel about these wonderful synthetic threads infusing some color into an otherwise bland interior. What about PTS?

He (or she) is a very good driver.
Pete, I'll send you instructions on how to tell them apart via PM. But in general, a good squeeze in a strategic body location will let you know what gender you are dealing with rather quickly and solve that 'he or she' mystery for you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 03-24-2014, 04:31 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z356
Not to many...just me! You know how I feel about these wonderful synthetic threads infusing some color into an otherwise bland interior. What about PTS?

Pete, I'll send you instructions on how to tell them apart via PM. But in general, a good squeeze in a strategic body location will let you know what gender you are dealing with rather quickly and solve that 'he or she' mystery for you!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

You guys are killing me!

This is more laughs than this thread has ever known!

Now, Back on topic, when does a GT3 option speculator (your choice of interpretation) get to take delivery? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

991 GT3 vs Barbaric Z/28! Let's DO IT! (just need a gt3!)
Old 03-24-2014, 04:38 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,715 Likes on 910 Posts

You guys are killing me!

This is more laughs than this thread has ever known!

Now, Back on topic, when does a GT3 option speculator (your choice of interpretation) get to take delivery? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

991 GT3 vs Barbaric Z/28! Let's DO IT! (just need a gt3!)
I expect my RS allocation will lock sometime in fall of 2017 at current rate with delivery in time for winter storage. So i should be able to accept your challenge spring 2018, assuming you want to haul to NE

In all seriousness, if that Z/28 is anything like what they were running in Grand Am it'll be a hoot to drive. Fellow racer on this board has owned and raced two and had nothing but good things to say about them.

http://www.katechengines.com/motor-s...t-camaro-gt-r/
Old 03-24-2014, 04:58 PM
savyboy
Drifting

I expect my RS allocation will lock sometime in fall of 2017 at current rate with delivery in time for winter storage. So i should be able to accept your challenge spring 2018, assuming you want to haul to NE

In all seriousness, if that Z/28 is anything like what they were running in Grand Am it'll be a hoot to drive. Fellow racer on this board has owned and raced two and had nothing but good things to say about them.

http://www.katechengines.com/motor-s...t-camaro-gt-r/
2018...You're on my friend!

I may be misinterpreting your comment but the z/28 racing car, new this year, would likely be slower than a production Z/28 due to all the handicaps it is forced to have- restrictor, smaller wheels, iron brakes, different shocks, etc. They do however share the exact same engine, just like the GT3/Cup does...err, did (too much? too soon? ). I'd love to see the street car vs the race car on track. And of course both of those vs a GT3.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:01 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 230 Likes on 186 Posts

I may be misinterpreting your comment but the z/28 racing car, new this year, would likely be slower than a production Z/28 due to all the handicaps it is forced to have- restrictor, smaller wheels, iron brakes, different shocks, etc. They do however share the exact same engine, just like the GT3/Cup does...err, did (too much? too soon? ). I'd love to see the street car vs the race car on track. And of course both of those vs a GT3.
When is your next trackday? Haven't see u in ages. Mike
Old 03-24-2014, 05:06 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
When is your next trackday? Haven't see u in ages. Mike
Wednesday, if you consider the Cart League Racing Otherwise, with a real car, on a real track, hopefully May. I hope. Really, really I hope. Sob...
Old 03-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,715 Likes on 910 Posts

No misinterpretation. Just giving some real world feedback from someone who's owned both the Camaro Grand Am race car (from two years ago) and a lot of monster Porsche race cars.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:19 PM
savyboy
Drifting

No misinterpretation. Just giving some real world feedback from someone who's owned both the Camaro Grand Am race car (from two years ago) and a lot of monster Porsche race cars.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:26 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Bwahhhh!

I am seriously considering buying a mullet wig, wife-beater shirt and buck teeth just for fun!

I didn't think about the Confederate flag, that's a great idea!
Hey! Play nice! Don't make me photoshop your tête-à-tête pic with Preuninger now!

Old 03-24-2014, 05:43 PM
savyboy
Drifting

Originally Posted by 911SLOW
Hey! Play nice! Don't make me photoshop your tête-à-tête pic with Preuninger now!

That would be off-the-hook funny!

Oh a side and unrelated note- I wish I knew how to do a Hitler does such and such subtitled movie. Hitler talking about the Z/28 vs the reputed to be released GT3. Oh the fun that could be had
Old 03-24-2014, 06:00 PM
vf430
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 0Q991
Thanks for the reply. Wow--that's encouraging. As I've been waiting for the engine swap, have been (like others) exploring options and the Scud is the most tempting one...
Ross is correct. My scud had almost 11k miles and it had 80% plus left. I wouldn't worry about clutch until it gets down to 40%. I think with hard street driving you wont need one for a long time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stop Sale?