Sponsored by:

Consolidated 991RS thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 09:35 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mrsullivan
The question will come down to relationships, history, etc. I think that with the exception of 918 owners, its a fairly open playing field. And ultimately, I think that PCNA can make an allocation happen here and there where it makes sense.
That particular dealer probably has the most extensive high end clientele (including 918 owners), so unless you've purchased probably $1m+ from them, I wouldn't consider anything a 'fair' playing field. But, hey, I'm with you and will be here as support

It will be fun to watch this whole thing unravel--it's going to make for some fun threads.

Great news, either way, we'll have our GT3's to enjoy in the mean time
Old 01-27-2015, 10:15 AM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ATXGT3
That particular dealer probably has the most extensive high end clientele (including 918 owners), so unless you've purchased probably $1m+ from them, I wouldn't consider anything a 'fair' playing field. But, hey, I'm with you and will be here as support

It will be fun to watch this whole thing unravel--it's going to make for some fun threads.

Great news, either way, we'll have our GT3's to enjoy in the mean time
I deliberately mentioned the fair playing field comment AFTER the 918 owners have had their share.

And yes, our "normal" GT3s are a very nice backup, that's why I made sure to order mine the way I would want it (minus PTS, ugh, fail) for a longer term ownership.... and to set the record straight, I definitely haven't purchased millions of $ of cars, and you are right, they have a very high end clientele.... my angle, if any, is more through relationships...the two previous GT3s allocations were developed that way...new allocations, that didn't sit with the dealer prior... please don't misunderstand any of this as confidence in an allocation...if I had to bet my kids college savings on it, I would say that I wont get one.... but a guy can have fun hoping, thinking, etc.

My point, in all this, is that I think once the 918 owners have their share, then the formula for who gets leftovers is less certain... lots of hype out there about absolutely certain spots, not sure that exists, yet.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:57 AM
rosenbergendo
Drifting

Received 610 Likes on 295 Posts

I had heard that the 918 Owners Program were cars that were in ADDITION to the allocations allotted. This was confirmed by my dealer who is a pretty large one in South Florida. So its a dealers allocation PLUS the 918 owners cars.
Old 01-27-2015, 10:58 AM
ATXGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
I had heard that the 918 Owners Program were cars that were in ADDITION to the allocations allotted. This was confirmed by my dealer who is a pretty large one in South Florida. So its a dealers allocation PLUS the 918 owners cars.
Whoa--that's new news.

There goes the 'market adjustment' from $50k to $25k
Old 01-27-2015, 12:31 PM
MayorAdamWest
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Whoa--that's new news.

There goes the 'market adjustment' from $50k to $25k
Doubtful, since the full lists across the country don't likely include 918 owners. They would have no reason to put a deposit down. Porsche is not going to produce enough of these to meet demand. My guess is that demand may even be higher than the gt3, as it will top the turbo and thus all the doctors must have it.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:44 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

That dealer has a list so long that it won't matter. Their GSM told me 37 people...well I guess 38 now on that list.

Wonder if dealers will get savvy on this one and start to exercise the Ferrari model. When a new one comes in, punch it, mark it as 'used' with 100 miles on it, then mark it up $50k. It's their way of saving face with the client (i.e. not looking blatantly greedy).

BUT, I'm like you, I have my name on 'a list' just because I can. At my dealer and if some miracle of miracles happens, at least I can make a decision then. No deposit BTW.
its my understanding that the 1st 2 are going to 918 buyers.
from my experience these list arent very equitable.
Old 01-27-2015, 12:59 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rosenbergendo
I was told this with confidence as well by two dealers. But those 918 cars still come out of the entire allotment for the US, either way the pool of 'available' cars is less.
Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
I was told this with confidence as well by two dealers. But those 918 cars still come out of the entire allotment for the US, either way the pool of 'available' cars is less.
Not sure how they are doing it this time with the 918 owners! But normally the VIP allocations are added to dealers allocotion!
Old 01-27-2015, 03:16 PM
mrsullivan
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MayorAdamWest
My guess is that demand may even be higher than the gt3, as it will top the turbo and thus all the doctors must have it.
good one...

Old 01-27-2015, 03:22 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 997rs4.0
Not sure how they are doing it this time with the 918 owners! But normally the VIP allocations are added to dealers allocotion!
That was the case for the GT3 but the GM here tells me this time it is not. Not sure if that is true or just their attempts at gouging.
Old 01-27-2015, 04:08 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Selvatico
I confirm (for European market) and I can even confirm that some discount is even possible.To me was offered 7% that is quite a lot for a similar car..

We pay optionals that in US are free and car is also more expensive here
BUT interested can you send me a PM?
Old 01-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Selvatico
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
We pay optionals that in US are free and car is also more expensive here
BUT interested can you send me a PM?
Sent..
You know? We live really not too far...so we could even meet for a coffe..
Old 01-27-2015, 08:06 PM
Ajimoto214
Instructor

Default Real Deal

I was in Daytona for 24 hours looking over RSR.
Faulken car looks faulken awesome. New RS will be as close to RSR as anything else created. Ferrari, Chevy keep increasing HP & Porsche has to step up to beat these guys.
ATTACH]906549[/ATTACH]

Attachment 906550

Was awful to see 2 RSR's take each other out at Rolex.

http://www.motorsport.com/tusc/video...rs-at-daytona/

Last edited by Ajimoto214; 09-26-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:01 PM
996C2Cabriolet
Advanced

My dealer told me that VIP allocations will be in addition to the normal dealer allocation, but they will sell the cars at market value irregardless. I purchased a 160k GT3 less than a month ago as well as other high end cars. Don't want to put a deposit, wait for the car and get my hopes up for getting one, then car arrives and dealer tells me "pay 50k above msrp or else..."
Not sure if I want to go that route, even though I really want to get an RS. I called other dealers, but was told that they will get very few cars and there is a long list so no luck from them.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:11 PM
silverrules
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My dealer has a LONG list but they know exactly who on their list will get these cars. Its already decided. Usually its few owners that buy cars from them once or twice a yr.

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread