Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2014, 05:16 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by -eztrader-
Porsche needs to release this car already . .enough is enough
Originally Posted by Nick
FWIW, I read on RT the RS will be shown in Paris this year. I also read that the performance of the RS will only be marginally better than the GT3.
Porsche really should have used Monterey this past weekend as the place to debut the RS. That entire weekend is dedicated to true car enthusiasts not the press. But being the biggest car enthusiast event this side of the pond and Goodwood, it would have been the perfect place to debut with just enough shutterbug Auto Paparazzi to still garner press. Even Mercedes thought so with the AMG Vizione Gran Tourismo. Once again, a missed opportunity from Porsche.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:05 AM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
Porsche really should have used Monterey this past weekend as the place to debut the RS. That entire weekend is dedicated to true car enthusiasts not the press. But being the biggest car enthusiast event this side of the pond and Goodwood, it would have been the perfect place to debut with just enough shutterbug Auto Paparazzi to still garner press. Even Mercedes thought so with the AMG Vizione Gran Tourismo. Once again, a missed opportunity from Porsche.
+1

I was hoping for this as well, but my reasoning was more selfish. You make a lot of sense with that.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:24 PM
race7117
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 51 Posts

Do we think that the mounting points for the Clubsport roll cage will be left in for US customers? Was this done for the previous generation RS? I am beginning to think I should hold off on putting a roll cage in my GT3 until full specs of the RS come out. Can't use the harness until porsche releases the clubsport seats anyways. I'd prefer to keep things as factory as possible and not sure that will be possible for the GT3 but perhaps more likely with the RS
Old 08-22-2014, 10:35 PM
nash
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by race7117
Do we think that the mounting points for the Clubsport roll cage will be left in for US customers?
They didn't do this for the 997 and doubt they would in the 991. You'll need to go aftermarket or bust out your welding torch...
Old 08-22-2014, 10:39 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by nash
They didn't do this for the 997 and doubt they would in the 991. You'll need to go aftermarket or bust out your welding torch...
^ I have Factory roll cage (F/R) mounting plates in my '07 Pumpkin.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:42 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GTEE3
^ I have Factory roll cage (F/R) mounting plates in my '07 Pumpkin.
^ however, my '11RS did not...I had to punch holes for my RSS cage.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:50 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Phil, it's an embarrassment to Porsche for leaving the plates out in any GT3.
If they'd care about their customers it would be there on all USA cars as well and offer a CS package in a box...
Old 08-22-2014, 11:10 PM
GTEE3
Rennlist Member

Reter,
could not say it better!
I believe BMW gave it's CS/Light weight clients track parts in a box.
Old 08-23-2014, 01:40 AM
az audi
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
If they'd care about their customers it would be there on all USA cars as well and offer a CS package in a box...
I assume the follow stat has a big part of the reason the mounting plates are excluded in the US:

There is one attorney for every twelve adults in the US. The next most litigious country only has one attorney per 300 adults.

This was shared with me by one of our young attorneys this week. I found it hard to believe, but helps explain how screwed up the legal system is.

Yes, I am hoping and believe it is reasonable to have the mounting plates in the GT3RS, but I am not holding my breath.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:42 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

The tubs with rollbar plates ended in early 2007.... Porsche nipped it in the bud.... only a handfull made it to north america.
Porsche stopped this for a reason. (i do not think it was cost cutting on the tubs...)

When the 2010GT3 hit north american shores there were zero plates in the floor even though ROW production got them. Porsche also made sure that any remaining clubsport roll bars in USA were not to be sold over the counter by their dealers.... So i am certain it was not to cut costs of welding in the plates.... The fact they banned roll bar sales says enough.

You will need to buy ROW car or buy the plates and weld them in....
Old 08-23-2014, 11:56 AM
Billy Wyatt
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by GTEE3
Reter,
could not say it better!
I believe BMW gave it's CS/Light weight clients track parts in a box.
That was the 2005 M3 Lightweight here in the US that did that.I had one at the time.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:56 AM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Is the seat belt mounting point not strong enough in case of a rollover? Reading through this thread make me think they are not. Has there been any instances were a car equipped with such roll cage rolled over and did not protect the cabin well? Is a plate mounted roll cage significantly better for a fact or just theoretical? I am debating whether to put a bolt on roll cage. I realize it providers anchor points for a harness.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:05 PM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SamFromTX
Is the seat belt mounting point not strong enough in case of a rollover? Reading through this thread make me think they are not. Has there been any instances were a car equipped with such roll cage rolled over and did not protect the cabin well? Is a plate mounted roll cage significantly better for a fact or just theoretical? I am debating whether to put a bolt on roll cage. I realize it providers anchor points for a harness.
I doubt anyone has tested it, but I'm assuming they're not.

Last edited by NateOZ; 08-23-2014 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:52 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
Agreed.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:35 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,481 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by az audi
I assume the follow stat has a big part of the reason the mounting plates are excluded in the US:

There is one attorney for every twelve adults in the US. The next most litigious country only has one attorney per 300 adults.

This was shared with me by one of our young attorneys this week. I found it hard to believe, but helps explain how screwed up the legal system is.

Yes, I am hoping and believe it is reasonable to have the mounting plates in the GT3RS, but I am not holding my breath.
true, when i first moved to USA, i was told that if i fell on your driveway, i can sue u.

in my homeland, if u fell on my driverway, i be laughing at your stupidity and see that evolution will help the human race evolve upon ur demise.

but .... yes, here we sue each other on everything. i fear to get sued soon with all my typo

Quick Reply: Consolidated 991RS thread