The Porsche brake caliper 'conspiracy'

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2014, 03:07 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 591 Likes on 261 Posts

I think I will try the exercise as opposed to conjecture. I would have to agree with you though in that I don't like spacing calipers...period. 12mm was more than I wanted to go when we did the spacing back in the day. I would have to agree with you.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:17 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts

Is any body making a stud kit for the stock calipers to just get rid of the bolt issue? The caliper removal is really a non issue IMO.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:59 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 939 Likes on 544 Posts

Single use bolts going into a aluminum carrier is not fun when changing pads every 3 weekends or so. Stud kit is pretty important.
Old 07-29-2014, 04:12 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We offer stud kits for the front and rear of the ***997.1 and 997.2 GT3*** - if one chooses to do the research and find fitments and verify that it can be used on other models ( I have NOT) then there may be that option as well.
Old 09-06-2014, 08:41 PM
RacingBrake
Former Vendor

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

I reviewed this thread and found serious track racers are constantly seeking for a caliper with better performance, easy to install & maintain, and engaged into endless debating how the caliper should be made - MonoBlock or not Monoblock and which one is better etc.

Here is a recent reply I just posted in GT-R forum for your information, and I sincerely hope it can help you to demystify from what the marketing people trying to tell you or why a car manufacturer will equip such a caliper in your car and became a more informative consumer.

http://www.gtrheritage.com/topic/303...t-for-my-gt-r/
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have experienced overheating; searching for various cooling kits. Researching different pad/rotor combination yet still suffering from unsatisfactory result e.g. rotor warp/crack, fast pad wear /taperping boiling fluid etc.. To eliminate this endless trial and error, end your frustrations and inspire confidence, it's the time for you to consider RB brake kits.

We all agree the OE set up is fairly good, but to make it as a reliable track car, the brake department certainly needs improvement for its speed and weight. So we have committed to developing the front calipers to handle this task. It was dedicated to GT-R but its' unprecedented and I doubt there will be a follower either to duplicate this set up.

To help you better understand how RB front caliper is engineered differently from OE Brembo and Alcon, I make this comparison chart downloadable (PDF) so you can click and view it.

http://www.racingbrake.com/v/downloa...nd%20Alcon.pdf

I would encourage you to study the feature/data, line by line, and learn from it so you become a more informative consumer even if you don't need to upgrade your caliper now. Hopefully you become convinced and believe in those numbers than marketing advertisement, including "mono block" is better will be demystified.

Shawn has piloted the installation and test with proven result, and more testimonials shall follow.

All our brake kits not only are well built but also priced well below them - For example a comparable "Front Only" Brembo 405x34 rotor kit equipped with their "GT-R" 6-pot caliper (Nickle plated) for Mercedes ML63 costs $8,923

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brembo-Front...001cd7&vxp=mtr

Your approval and endorsement is our best reward to this development, and I shall thank you for your patronage and supports.

Thanks
-------------------------------------------------------------

Quick Reply: The Porsche brake caliper 'conspiracy'