991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 02:07 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Put your name down on a dealer's list out of the state of California. Not all dealers will accept out of state buyers but some will. It will be harder without a relationship,but it can be done. They will make approximately 7000 GT3.2s. Some dealers will get upward of 30-35 plus allocations over the course of 2 years. Look for Premier Dealers,they get the most. Here's the list :

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...or-2016-a.html

As a side note : 200$(it's more) oil changes on a regular basis gets you in the " regular " client category. Dealerships live off the Service department : NOT sales/NOT parts!
Secondly,you don't have to have 2 Porsches " on the side ",but buy and trade OVER TIME from the same dealer=relationship.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:22 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,857 Likes on 1,901 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Put your name down on a dealer's list out of the state of California. Not all dealers will accept out of state buyers but some will. It will be harder without a relationship,but it can be done. They will make approximately 7000 GT3.2s. Some dealers will get upward of 30-35 plus allocations over the course of 2 years. Look for Premier Dealers,they get the most.
I thought AP said they were going to make about 4,000 in the article posted yesterday.

BTW, I've contacted every dealer in the Western half of the U.S. and I've got exactly one lead on a potential allocation, but they're unsure if they want to give it to an out of state buyer. The lists are much longer than expected allocations everywhere, with the Premier Dealers being the worst. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few, but the Premier Dealers that have responded to me so far have indicated they have the longest lists and aren't even entertaining any more deposits.

A number of dealers, only a few, have indicated that they will be market pricing them and will let me know what the premium ask will be once they get their allocations. And one offered me the awesome opportunity to buy one of the many they expect to be flipped back to them within 500-1500 miles, to which I politely declined...
Old 03-08-2017, 03:37 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Archimedes
I thought AP said they were going to make about 4,000 in the article posted yesterday.

BTW, I've contacted every dealer in the Western half of the U.S. and I've got exactly one lead on a potential allocation, but they're unsure if they want to give it to an out of state buyer. The lists are much longer than expected allocations everywhere, with the Premier Dealers being the worst. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few, but the Premier Dealers that have responded to me so far have indicated they have the longest lists and aren't even entertaining any more deposits.

A number of dealers, only a few, have indicated that they will be market pricing them and will let me know what the premium ask will be once they get their allocations. And one offered me the awesome opportunity to buy one of the many they expect to be flipped back to them within 500-1500 miles, to which I politely declined...
I don't know what AP said,but they've made 6000 991.1 GT3s. Fact. They will make more this time around...so you see how that number makes sense.
You will get a car,I have no doubt,but it will be in 2018.

BTW,forget anything that a dealer tells you. It's all BS! They are artificially trying to create scarcity feeding off initial excitement,to bring market price up for their greedy hands.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:38 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I don't know what AP said,but they've made 6000 991.1 GT3s. Fact. They will make more this time around...so you see how that number makes sense.
You will get a car,I have no doubt,but it will be in 2018.
That's pretty much what I was told. Initial demand is steep but if you're patient enough, you'll be able to get an allocation.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by tonymission
That's pretty much what I was told. Initial demand is steep but if you're patient enough, you'll be able to get an allocation.
I'd love to believe you guys and I have all the time in the world to be patient and let things play out, but every dealer I've contacted so far says that their list is far longer than the total number of allocations that they expect to get over the entire model run. Most won't even take a name or deposit at this point. Hopefully, either the market will tank or something shinier will come along and people will start dropping off the lists and free up some cars.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:46 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd love to believe you guys and I have all the time in the world to be patient and let things play out, but every dealer I've contacted so far says that their list is far longer than the total number of allocations that they expect to get over the entire model run. Most won't even take a name or deposit at this point. Hopefully, either the market will tank or something shinier will come along and people will start dropping off the lists and free up some cars.
Do you have any buying history from a Porsche dealer? I don't have much, but did buy a GT3 from one so maybe that weighs into the feedback I was given. I've also referred some friends over who have bought a few cars from the same salesman.
Bought my RS from a Lambo/Mac dealership.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:52 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by tonymission
Do you have any buying history from a Porsche dealer? I don't have much, but did buy a GT3 from one so maybe that weighs into the feedback I was given. I've also referred some friends over who have bought a few cars from the same salesman.
Bought my RS from a Lambo/Mac dealership.
I've bought three brand new Porsches, two from my local dealer (Cayman S and Spyder). My SA there is trying to get me a car, but I'm still waiting to hear yay or nay. They don't do a list, per se, but they have preferred/VIP customers who get first crack, so I'm not high on the totem pole. If they give me confidence that they can get me a car at some point without a big premium, I'll wait as long as it takes. If not, I'll keep dialing for dollars or just give up and take a closer look at the 570S. I'm gonna make this initial push and then forget about it for 6-9 months.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:00 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Again : FORGET WHAT THEY TELL YOU!
If I were the GM of a Porsche dealership and one of my SAs told a potential customer,which I'm trying to make pay through his teeth,that they'll be cars available at MSRP and he should wait,I'd fire that SA in 2 seconds! It's all about money,they don't care about you. Some say they have a good relationship with their SA...they take them to lunch and such... I have no doubt. Respect and friendship go a long way. But they have no power to really help you. Plus they really don't know for sure what is going to happen : when it comes to the number of allocations and when it comes to the lists.
I'll give you an example : I was nr 7 or so for GT4. At first he said : not likely that you'll make it. I said " don't worry ". They've gotten 15 in that first round and when I went to pick up my car they had gotten another 15-20. Even he was surprised!

Relax...
Old 03-08-2017, 04:09 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

+1
Old 03-08-2017, 05:37 PM
nlpamg
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My order is "in". I'm no. 6.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:10 PM
portmoody911
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 5 Posts

I was told by my dealer in Canada that there are no allocations yet. They are not confirming until they have actual allocations. Where are all these so called orders coming from? Is it different in the US?
Old 03-08-2017, 10:13 PM
tasman
Race Car

Received 125 Likes on 87 Posts

Was told today no allocations out yet for what that is worth.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:23 PM
theunitedstates
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

I am supposedly #2 on a list for a GT3 at a smaller dealer. Patience is a virtue, bit it will likely pay off!!!
Old 03-09-2017, 12:15 AM
2006m5
Banned

Received 30 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm number 3 on list and dealers says no allocation yet ...
I believe we have a long wait.
Old 03-09-2017, 12:27 AM
ervtx
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I sent my online configuration to my dealer (not a premier, but a large and established dealership). Got a reply offering me a 2014. Pffftt! Talked to the Sales Manager. He said:

They do not have any allocations yet.
Not accepting any names for a list until they get an allocation.
If they get a small number of allocations, MSRP unlikely.
If they get a lot, then MSRP may be possible.

So... I'm supposed to make sure the SA knows that I want to be put on the list so that when they finally get an allocation and create one, I'll be on their call list to get put on the "real" list. Sounded vague to me (how do I make sure that I'm high up on the "call" list??).

Over the years, I have purchased 4 vehicles from this dealer, all new (996 coupe, 996 C4 Cab, 997.1 GT3, and a Panamera). Still have the Panamera and the GT3. Have spent a fortune in the service dept over the years. Very active in local region, and a national PCA instructor. So frustrating to have been a loyal customer at this one dealer, can't even get my name on a list! Then I read how many of you are holding on to a confirmed spot on a list, and I want to pull my hair out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread