Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 11:44 AM
JFA65
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Clarification for "Meaker". Met with dealer yesterday and chose options on his configurator. Attempted to submit but the system froze. I interpreted that Porsche USA not accepting orders yet or system overloaded or glitch on his end. He said he would place the order asap today and call zone rep to get eta. My order is in to the dealer and no, as of yesterday afternoon it wasn't delivered to Porsche.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:19 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
I've heard many dealers have twice amount the deposits down for the .2 than they had TOTAL 991.1 allocations. Demand will be unprecedented for .2 GT3.

Much bigger audience than the RS and R crowds too.
They're long for sure, but I don't think they're any bigger than the GT4 or RS lists from the GMs I've spoken to so far, and what I'm seeing is that it's worse at the Premier dealers in key locations. I sent a handful of emails out yesterday and I already have a potential lead on an allocation, just waiting to hear if they will sell it to me out of State. If not, I'll post up the dealership here so someone in that State can get it. It'll all play out soon enough. My expectation is by mid to late April it'll be much clearer as to how free the allocations are and what the premiums being asked by certain dealers are.

On a related note, in a conversation with my SA yesterday, he mentioned that a lot of the folks on their 'lists' say they want a car and then when it comes time to write the check, get cold feet. He said that's very common with their GT car sales. He said a proven, serious buyer has more chance of getting an allocation.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:44 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by JFA65
Clarification for "Meaker". Met with dealer yesterday and chose options on his configurator. Attempted to submit but the system froze. I interpreted that Porsche USA not accepting orders yet or system overloaded or glitch on his end. He said he would place the order asap today and call zone rep to get eta. My order is in to the dealer and no, as of yesterday afternoon it wasn't delivered to Porsche.
My dealer is one of the largest in the US and he has not received any allocations and he doesn't expect any in the near future. Today, all build allocations are for Europe. Now it could be your dealer has an "in" with Porsche in Germany but I doubt it. In other words, something else is going on with your dealer.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:46 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

GT3 buyer's guide :

1) Do not buy in California,do not even try.
2) Pick a dealer.
3) Throw them " a bone " every once in a while : oil change comes to mind.
4) Make sure they at least know your face and first name at the sales department level.
5) Buy a Porsche or 2 from them...preferably new,but not mandatory.
Treat everyone professionally and with respect every time you visit. Be patient and modest no matter how large your pocket is.
6) Keep your word.
7) Participate in an event organized by them(new car launches,road rally etc).
8) Call them early(preferably before the launch)with the intention of leaving a deposit for a new GT3. They will tell you they have 25-30 people ahead of you and probably have no chance.
9) Let it ride. Leave deposit and forget about it for a couple years.
10) Do not call to ask " for an update " no matter what. Act like you don't care.
=>
You will get a call with an allocation. Simple as that!

Good luck!
Old 03-08-2017, 12:51 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

dealer called today, allocation confirmed- deposit made- manual request means wont be delivered until 2018.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:53 PM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,083 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
dealer called today, allocation confirmed- deposit made- manual request means wont be delivered until 2018.
Congrats! It will surely be worth the wait.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:03 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 956 Likes on 427 Posts

Originally Posted by tstafford
Congrats! It will surely be worth the wait.
Excited to get a manual. So far I'm loving my RS, not a lot of miles yet though. That is about to change with Spring around the corner. I built that car as more track worthy.

The GT3.2 is being built as a nice weather daily- MT, PCCBs, non-buckets. best part is paperwork that states "MSRP".
Old 03-08-2017, 01:10 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I am V070 status at my US dealer.

I lucked out with the 'vip' guy wanting a 6spd so I will most likely get one of the first (PDK) GT3s they get.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:15 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts

What is V070 status?
Old 03-08-2017, 01:23 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
What is V070 status?
The way I understand it is V070 is not an allocation but a submitted configuration pared with an agreed upon deal with a dealer. I guess some dealers already have allocations (seeing some of the posts on here) and some are still waiting.

V200 is a locked build date and V210 is when no more changes can be made. V300 is in transit. V900 is for sale at dealer and V999 is sold.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:32 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
GT3 buyer's guide :

1) Do not buy in California,do not even try. So I should move in order to buy a GT3?
2) Pick a dealer. I did pick many dealers, but I live in CA
3) Throw them " a bone " every once in a while : oil change comes to mind.If I don't currently own a GT3, what exactly will I give the dealer to change the oil? $200 in service will eliminate a $50K markup?
4) Make sure they at least know your face and first name at the sales department level.
Treat everyone professionally and with respect every time you visit. Be patient and modest no matter how large your pocket is.This is defined on this forum as "establishing a relationship with dealer". What if I can't afford 2 additional Porsches?
6) Keep your word.
8) Call them early(preferably before the launch)with the intention of leaving a deposit for a new GT3. They will tell you they have 25-30 people ahead of you and probably have no chance.
10) Do not call to ask " for an update " no matter what. Act like you don't care.
=>

Good luck!
Actually, your list is great in theory, but is far from "simple" in practice. The reality is many of us would like to walk into a dealership, give them money, and get a GT3 in return. That is very far from reality. I just called another dealer in CA. I was told their list is 50. 50 people want to get a GT3 from just one dealership. What are my realistic chances of getting an allocation at MSRP from them = 0%.

Please let me give you money PAG!
Old 03-08-2017, 01:39 PM
ajw45
Three Wheelin'

Received 318 Likes on 168 Posts

Pinged the SA that sold me my GT4, added me to their list but doesn't know what the "market price" will be <sigh>
Old 03-08-2017, 01:43 PM
hlvg
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
GT3 buyer's guide :

1) Do not buy in California,do not even try.
2) Pick a dealer.
3) Throw them " a bone " every once in a while : oil change comes to mind.
Treat everyone professionally and with respect every time you visit. Be patient and modest no matter how large your pocket is.
6) Keep your word.
=>

Good luck!
Originally Posted by mass27
Actually, your list is great in theory, but is far from "simple" in practice. The reality is many of us would like to walk into a dealership, give them money, and get a GT3 in return. That is very far from reality. I just called another dealer in CA. I was told their list is 50. 50 people want to get a GT3 from just one dealership. What are my realistic chances of getting an allocation at MSRP from them = 0%.

Please let me give you money PAG!
Well I live in CA too and certainly hope that, if I wait a year or so, things will be a little less crazy and I'll be able to order one... Call me a dreamer
Old 03-08-2017, 01:44 PM
rollsroy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Word from my dealer is that no dealer has gotten allocations and that he will have more information on Friday after he meets with his regional manager.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:45 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Was told by Hennessy that I'll get an allocation but will have to be patient. Asked about .2RS list/putting down deposit and said those would go to his "favorite clients" and gave me a wink so I'm hoping I'm one of those. LOL

Hit up a second local dealership about both potential cars and was told GT cars are in great demand (oh, ok!) he would help me get into a "stepping stone Porsche" for a chance at a GT car. Told him I've already had a couple GT cars and would probably have an RS to trade back in if I could get a .2RS but not really expecting that to matter very much. Don't think Perimeter gets as many allocations.

Quick Reply: GT3 Dealer Allocation Thread