Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Post: Looking for advice on allocating a 991.2 GT3 at sticker.

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 05:30 PM
mcsmcs1
Burning Brakes

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Yeah, that could happen. I think the base price will be $150k+ so I just don't see many people willing to pay $200k for a GT3 when RSs can be had in the low $200s.
You're talking a price increase of 20% almost when you start with the 130k base of the 991 GT3 and back out the 4k for the pdk tranny. That's massive especially when you add in the significant increase in value of the dollar. If you are correct, Porsche will satisfy every last instance of demand to collect that margin.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:42 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by mcsmcs1
You're talking a price increase of 20% almost when you start with the 130k base of the 991 GT3 and back out the 4k for the pdk tranny. That's massive especially when you add in the significant increase in value of the dollar. If you are correct, Porsche will satisfy every last instance of demand to collect that margin.
But it's not massive at all if the market clearing price was 10-15 percent above sticker the last time around and the hype is even bigger about this car. When you add the normal .2 price increase to that, you get around 20 percent increase.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:44 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
I'm not paying over MSRP again.
Martin, no offense, but if you change your avatar back to the previous 'take my money' one I might throw up. You have to admit that was the longest hold out and fail on an RS at MSRP laid out in excruciating detail!

(Hope you can take a joke!)

Originally Posted by siswati
So just spread your search a bit - don't just limit it to the area you live in.
This

Originally Posted by Archimedes
If you know any California dealers that are making .2 allocations available at MSRP to non-VIP customers, please provide a list of their names here in this thread. I'll give them all a call on Monday and find out how long their list is and if they're taking deposits. I've already played dialing for dollars a bunch and got nothing but talk to the hand so far.
See above...

Five pages of speculation and the car isn't even revealed yet!

FWIW, I have allocations at two dealers- first position (after 918 VIP) at one, and sixth but guaranteed MSRP at another. Neither is local. The first position one had an MSRP 'policy' but since sold to a mega dealer chain and they won't commit to MSRP. However, I have them in a headlock over my Macan GTS order that they bungled my PTS. Will see, but have a backup.

Maybe the car will be a dud- lower RPM only 15 more HP and PDK only. Be easy to get at MSRP or better then.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:46 PM
TONY AIR C2S
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Another possibility is that they'll raise the MSRP materially and just move up the demand curve rather than increase supply much. I'm sure they have some Finance folks studying what happened the last time around and estimating the best supply/pricing equation for Porsche. I wouldn't be surprised if they just raise the base price $25k.
Check out the base price on the configurator
Old 02-18-2017, 06:50 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by TONY AIR C2S
Check out the base price on the configurator
Yup, I just saw that. I said high $140s in a thread about a month back. Almost dead on. My build using that configurator comes out right at $175k.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:53 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Originally Posted by montoya
M
See above...

Five pages of speculation and the car isn't even revealed yet!

FWIW, I have allocations at two dealers- first position (after 918 VIP) at one, and sixth but guaranteed MSRP at another. Neither is local. The first position one had an MSRP 'policy' but since sold to a mega dealer chain and they won't commit to MSRP. However, I have them in a headlock over my Macan GTS order that they bungled my PTS. Will see, but have a backup.

Maybe the car will be a dud- lower RPM only 15 more HP and PDK only. Be easy to get at MSRP or better then.
See what above? I'm still waiting for someone to post a list of dealers that will commit to an allocation at MSRP for the average Joe customer off the street. A lot of bold statements and cryptic comments in these threads, but no names.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:05 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Porsche Fresno
Old 02-18-2017, 07:05 PM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

See what above? I'm still waiting for someone to post a list of dealers that will commit to an allocation at MSRP for the average Joe customer off the street. A lot of bold statements and cryptic comments in these threads, but no names.
You can probably be 7th at the dealer where I'm in 6th spot. Small dealer though, not a lot of allocations. Will require a transcontinental delivery, or LA Porsche Experience delivery, or find a local dealer willing to do a courtesy delivery.

PM me.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:19 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

What configurator?.. did the mistakenly put up GT3 and disclose price?
Old 02-18-2017, 07:24 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by CAlexio
What configurator?.. did the mistakenly put up GT3 and disclose price?
Edit: posted on another thread.. $148,800 base
Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Edit: posted on another thread.. $148,800 base
What configurator is that? I don't see the GT3 on the USA configurator.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:31 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

If you know any California dealers that are making .2 allocations available at MSRP to non-VIP customers, please provide a list of their names here in this thread. I'll give them all a call on Monday and find out how long their list is and if they're taking deposits. I've already played dialing for dollars a bunch and got nothing but talk to the hand so far.
Read my post again. If you're not a regular customer you may pay above MSRP. If your a good regular customer you won't. I have owned many high end sport cars and NEVER have I paid above MSRP. I hope to get my allocation sometime this summer ( I did not put down a deposit) and it will NOT be at a premium above MSRP. If it is, I will not buy.

I am confident it will be at MSRP.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:33 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Originally Posted by Drifting
What configurator is that? I don't see the GT3 on the USA configurator.
Someone else found this and I took a screenshot. It just occurred to me though that it could be Canadian?
Attached Images  
Old 02-18-2017, 07:35 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

It looks like a .1GT3. This may be fake news.
Old 02-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,188 Likes on 631 Posts

Someone else found this and I took a screenshot. It just occurred to me though that it could be Canadian?
I think its canadian. It spoke of candian delivery at the end and all the photos and options were from the .1 GT3.

I've asked bronson on the other thread to let us know the base price of the .1 GT3 in canadian dollars.

Quick Reply: First Post: Looking for advice on allocating a 991.2 GT3 at sticker.