Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:05 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Went to the preview - they took my phone signed NDA.

Very cool car and it's fast!

I never thought of owing a Lambo but after the local Ferraril service center closed years later ordered an SV Roadster and the car is awesome. Fit and finish design driving is a blast the attention is the only downside.

Spoke with the guys from Lambo at the preview they asked what else did I own. When mentioning the cars the they wanted to talk about the GT3RS and asked a ton of questions - they believe the GT3RS is one of the best Porsche's ever built and felt Porsche should have added a higher MSRP.
Do you think this guy is going to be able to match the 720s around a track?
Old 02-19-2017, 10:16 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by kingjr9000
Do you think this guy is going to be able to match the 720s around a track?
100% Huracan is faster - have not read any reviews on the 720s but owned a Mclaren they have to do a lot of things better perhaps they did.

I can say that there were a few race car drivers at the preview - they all say the Huracan racing platform is the fastest no one has anything close.

So when you see guys who are speed freaks and fat wallets moving to Huracans it's because of the speed - program is doing extremely well.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:17 PM
kingjr9000
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

100% Huracan is faster.

I can say that there were a few race car drivers at the preview - they all say the Huracan racing platform is the fastest no one has anything close.

So when you see guys who are speed freaks with open wallets moving to Huracans it's only because of the speed - program is doing extremely well.
Good to hear. Cant wait to see the other lap times it puts down.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:36 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

100% Huracan is faster - have not read any reviews on the 720s but owned a Mclaren they have to do a lot of things better perhaps they did.

So when you see guys who are speed freaks and fat wallets moving to Huracans it's because of the speed - program is doing extremely well.
Lol.

Lambo hasn't won ANY of the major global GT3 class events (Bathurst, Spa, Ring, etc.), and they have a sole class victory in IMSA (VIR GTD 2016; the farcical cheating at Daytona 2016 was overturned).

The Huracan GT3 is widely reputed to be the most economical car in the class when both purchase and running costs are included.

Don't spout uninformed bull**** on here.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:03 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Guest89
Lol.

Lambo hasn't won ANY of the major global GT3 class events (Bathurst, Spa, Ring, etc.), and they have a sole class victory in IMSA (VIR GTD 2016; the farcical cheating at Daytona 2016 was overturned).

The Huracan GT3 is widely reputed to be the most economical car in the class when both purchase and running costs are included.

Don't spout uninformed bull**** on here.
Just because you are a miserable pos don't drag me into your world.

I never mentioned anything but the Huracan and the program - no races no GT3 IMSA etc only about the ring and the success of the Huracan.

There were race drivers there - never said what they raced or who they raced for.

When you open that trap do me a favor and direct it somewhere else.
The following users liked this post:
JB43 (10-19-2019)
Old 02-20-2017, 03:29 AM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 197 Likes on 115 Posts

Just because you are a miserable pos don't drag me into your world.

I never mentioned anything but the Huracan and the program - no races no GT3 IMSA etc only about the ring and the success of the Huracan.

There were race drivers there - never said what they raced or who they raced for.

When you open that trap do me a favor and direct it somewhere else.
I'm not miserable! My life is rather swell, in fact.

But just so I'm clear, when you were dispensing your grand proclamations about the "Huracan RACING platform" and how "no one has anything close", you were NOT talking talking about racing? Or have I somehow misconstrued things?

Just be a mature adult and admit that you spoke out of turn with respect to a subject concerning which you are not particularly knowledgeable. Or continue the bluster, alternatively!
Old 02-20-2017, 06:21 AM
ScottKelly911
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

the active aero technology reminds me of the Aeromotions wings. Similar outcome with different way of getting the air around.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:06 AM
richk
Drifting

Received 879 Likes on 364 Posts

Rennlist is better than reality TV.

I placed deposit yesterday with my dealer. I am thinking the car will be about 275K.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:51 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

Don't you mean the H that set the ring time will be faster than the customer spec 720s?, if so yes I would agree with that. But Customer Spec H, along side customer spec 720s, my $$$ would be on the 720s being faster, based on what I know about the 720s.....
Old 02-20-2017, 09:50 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Apolo1
Don't you mean the H that set the ring time will be faster than the customer spec 720s?, if so yes I would agree with that. But Customer Spec H, along side customer spec 720s, my $$$ would be on the 720s being faster, based on what I know about the 720s.....
I stated have not read any reviews on the 720s - don't know much about it other than a few intro articles. So to be crystal clear the 720s was mentioned by another member and my guess is the H is faster but that's just a guess. Owned a MP4 and followed the P1 where Mclaren stated some ridiculous times. McLaren produces a great car but they are IMO still finding their way and since the nearest dealer is 300 miles away and my experience was less than stellar the chances of considering one is minimal.

Simply went to the preview the car - it's fast and beat the 918 by several seconds.

There were a few racers there who stated the H platform which does race but nothing stated other than it's the fastest racing platform at the ring at this time we all know something will always come along and be faster.

The H has been around so there is nothing new other than aero hp handling and less weight on better tires.

How or why anyone read more into that is beyond me - and the nut case who went into racing trophies the Huracan being a cheap race ride etc is slightly whacked.

Last edited by nuvolari612; 02-20-2017 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:57 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by Guest89
I'm not miserable! My life is rather swell, in fact.

But just so I'm clear, when you were dispensing your grand proclamations about the "Huracan RACING platform" and how "no one has anything close", you were NOT talking talking about racing? Or have I somehow misconstrued things?

Just be a mature adult and admit that you spoke out of turn with respect to a subject concerning which you are not particularly knowledgeable. Or continue the bluster, alternatively!
The whole thread has been about the Ring - cars race at the ring. They have roll bars racing teams equipment ... all on a customer based car. The SV ring time peaked my interest toward the SV and bought a SV roadster.

You more than misconstrued things but i assume that's not unusual for you.

Huracan racing I know very little about it. I raced in a Ferrari program and as stated new to Lamborghini.

Simply stating a few things from the preview - if you don't like the Huracan as a race car or in racing then go start a thread and stop pissing in this one.

Been here for a few years always in the CGT threads after buying a GT3RS started reading and posting this section.

You are the first and only rude person - congrats!

Last edited by nuvolari612; 02-20-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:02 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Sounds like there is a massive leap forward in this generation of supercars which are approaching the hypercar performance level. It seems very premature to state which is faster though, not to mention that the Huracan Performante is more comparable to the 675LT, whereas, the 720s is supposed to be the new "base" model. If the new base mclaren matches the lambo's "road racing" model.. then it's actually mclaren which is ahead no?.. real question is what will the "LT" version of the 720s have to do...?

And more relevant to this forum.. how much dust will the 911 GT2 have to eat before Porsche stops playing games with PTS and limited allocations of old technology, and starts working to recapture market share with a competitive super-priced hyper-car performing product?
Old 02-20-2017, 10:14 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by richk
Rennlist is better than reality TV.

I placed deposit yesterday with my dealer. I am thinking the car will be about 275K.
Congrats!
Old 02-20-2017, 10:23 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Sounds like there is a massive leap forward in this generation of supercars which are approaching the hypercar performance level. It seems very premature to state which is faster though, not to mention that the Huracan Performante is more comparable to the 675LT, whereas, the 720s is supposed to be the new "base" model. If the new base mclaren matches the lambo's "road racing" model.. then it's actually mclaren which is ahead no?.. real question is what will the "LT" version of the 720s have to do...?

And more relevant to this forum.. how much dust will the 911 GT2 have to eat before Porsche stops playing games with PTS and limited allocations of old technology, and starts working to recapture market share with a competitive super-priced hyper-car performing product?
H has been around we all know it's fast - the 720s seems to be a hot topic but are there numbers?

Lambo is stating the H beat the 918 by seconds remember these are sister companies as is Porsche. Never thought I would own a second Porsche but gotta say even though the GT3RS is 500 hp it's a beautiful and serious machine especially in Voo Doo.

Have the ACR - E incoming added stage 2 and other goodies - been following a fund raising campaign to get the stock ACR - E cars to the Ring.

Be interesting to see what times are if they get funded.
Old 02-20-2017, 11:52 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Imo Porsche better prepares itself for a massive bitch slap the following years !

Quick Reply: OT: Lightweight Huracan with sub 7min Ring time (beats 918)