Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Will your order your 991.2 GT3 with PDK-S or 6-speed manual transmission?
PDK-S
47.97%
6-speed manual
52.03%
Voters: 444. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: 991.2 GT3 - PDK or Manual?

Old 05-01-2017, 05:13 AM
chaosoul
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Interesting....I thought that MT would have better gas mileage versus PDK. What makes a MT have a higher emission rate?

standard of testing and gear ratio for the gears.

You can't assume everyone shift perfect for gas mileage purpose when testing the MPG on manuals. There is a little bit of human error and average driver's habit built into the test. We all know those times where you're sick of the low torque so just cruising 1 gear down lol. However, they can test mpg for PDK in automatic. (and comfort mode for non GT cars etc)
Old 05-01-2017, 01:21 PM
997rs4.0
Race Car

Received 110 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
standard of testing and gear ratio for the gears.

You can't assume everyone shift perfect for gas mileage purpose when testing the MPG on manuals. There is a little bit of human error and average driver's habit built into the test. We all know those times where you're sick of the low torque so just cruising 1 gear down lol. However, they can test mpg for PDK in automatic. (and comfort mode for non GT cars etc)
Interesting facts. Do you think this applies for US market?
I can definitely see it happening in Europe with the stupid EU test cycle. Total sale of all cars have to be within certain CO2 numbers.
However I would think MT isn't as popular in Europe? So might sort it self out?

UK and US market seems to be undersupplied? Do you have any idea why? RHS I can understand? Do Porsche make less $$$ per car sold in the US or is there something else behind?
Old 05-01-2017, 08:36 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by chaosoul
Nope.

However if Manual Transmission ratio to PDK becomes too big, Porsche may exercise a stop sale for the option for one of two reasons:

1. Shortage of supply of parts related to the manual due to unexpected demand.

2. MT have a much higher emission rate and lower mpg rating for EPA. The car is already getting gas guzzler tax. PAG and PCNA will want to balance back to ratio.
What would be your thoughts on the ratio of MT vs PDK S that would nullify anymore MT's being built?
Thank you in advance.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:12 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 129 Posts

I would like to say MT all the way but after the smokies trip I have even more love for PDK-S. However my real conundrum is the buckets. I love my two ways in my GT4 but it seems like everyone wants buckets. Not that I should be buying the car for the next guy but it's crossed my mind.
Old 05-01-2017, 09:24 PM
Cormid
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Changed mind

After a weekend at track with my 991 GT3 I decided to switch my order from manual to pdk. Pdk is just too perfect for the track.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Poll: 991.2 GT3 - PDK or Manual?