Sponsored by:

off to Napa!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 06:01 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
The best French pastries in the USA are found at Arsicault Bakery. And the owner is a Porsche nut and a pretty quick one at that!

https://www.facebook.com/Arsicault-B...3125701910341/

http://www.sfgate.com/food/eatup/art...-s-9179897.php
I've done that trip.
Plus one on the bakery.
Worth a stop.

I only remember the race tracks and the pastries.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:34 PM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

Wasn't particularly high end, but there was an Italian restaurant in St. Helena that was called Travigne or something like that. Had a good ravioli with brown butter sauce. Sat outside with good bottle of wine. Maybe it was just one of those days, but we enjoyed it.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:36 PM
GTorTT
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 84 Posts

And if you make it to Sonoma, see if Mama Tonino's is still there. Hole in the wall in a strip center next to a grocery store, but great Italian. Lot's of locals, so you know it was good.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:50 AM
forhamilton
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yountville is place to stay. Best restaurants, hotels and scenery. Enough mentioned above.

PM me for recommendations on wineries.

For car stuff. Palmaz has a cool race collection. Far niente always has cool stuff. Kitchak is super small with killer Porsche stuff.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:00 AM
SandmanTR
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GTorTT
Wasn't particularly high end, but there was an Italian restaurant in St. Helena that was called Travigne or something like that. Had a good ravioli with brown butter sauce. Sat outside with good bottle of wine. Maybe it was just one of those days, but we enjoyed it.
The wife and I are in Napa about 4 times a year. Yountville is usually our destination and Thomas Keller can do no wrong. As much as I love TFL and Bouchon, Ad Hoc is his crown jewel, in my opinion. Different menu every night!

Tra Vigne shut it's doors about 2 years ago. Very long, long story. We usually went there solely for the homemade mozzarella and certainly miss it.

Check out the wineries on Howell Mountain and Kelly Fleming in Calistoga. She's only allowed 8 visitors a day, because of location and neighbors.

Have a great time!
Old 01-20-2017, 10:26 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 796 Likes on 546 Posts

I think a lot has been covered. A winery recommendation - Duckhorn. Closer to Saint Helena - north of yountville. If the weather is good, you can make a reservation on their patio (its very pretty) and their tasting and wines are good. Caymus is also nice. Yountville is the place to be - many good restaurants.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:41 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Darioush, Plumpjack/Cade, Hall, Keever, La Jota are good. Beau Vigne great wine- tasting room.

Redd, Barn Diva, Farmstead and Morimoto all nice for dinner.

Gotts for sure as someone said for lunch. Try Grace's Table and Boon Fly Cafe for breakfast.

Quick Reply: off to Napa!