Sponsored by:

Reaction Thread

Old 01-18-2017, 06:55 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 283 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Reaction Thread

Rennlist

I thought it would be fun to start a discussion about the different reactions we get while out on the public roads. Im not trying to be naive with this but Ive been noticing alot of reactions when I take out one of the cars. Especially with females. This car really captures their attention.

Last Saturday I drove my LO gt3 and my brother took the white gt3. A few guys kept asking me to race them. They had subarus. I said to them I really dont feel comfortable on a public road(PCH). A few minutes later after they sped off, a cop pulled one of them over

The RS is a different story. Ive had an M4 follow me for about a good 5 miles until I started making circles.

Im not trying to down play the gt3 or rs, but it seems like it is at that exotic level.

Name:  IMG_8839_zpsrwlkpszk.jpg
Views: 153
Size:  289.1 KB
Old 01-18-2017, 06:59 PM
extanker
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i will have to share dis beauty
Old 01-19-2017, 12:01 AM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

My LO RS was a rock star in Germany, Italy and Belgium...always getting her picture taken. The funniest reactions were from Germans in the derestricted fast lane when I was cruising at 130 kmph in the slow lane as my wife was in the rental car behind me...they could not comprehend NOT going flat out...

Back home, the few times I've had it out in the city (Vancouver) elicited zero response...lol
Old 01-19-2017, 03:39 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

with the RS you get the petrolguys attention.
all other (95% of the people) think: a. a Porsche...

with an Lambo, McL, Ferrari
everybody is getting crazy.
and doesn´t matter if it is a Lambo, Corvette, or McL - 95% tell you: "what a nice Ferrari"

my experience here in GER/AT
Old 01-19-2017, 04:57 PM
robmypro
Race Director

Received 1,772 Likes on 1,020 Posts

In the RS I think LO is the most striking color. It just fits the car perfectly. In the GT3 white looks the best to my eyes. In Colorado (aka Subaru Central) a few guys tried to race me. Just egging you on to give them a show. I prefer low insurance rates, thanks.

Lots of attention with the GT3 here. They are not common at all, so I get some crazy reactions. It's a public service to make them smile.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:49 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I get all kinds of looks, thumbs up, wanna race motions, double take looks, kids getting all giddy. I think the RY colour has a lot to do about it though.
Old 01-19-2017, 05:58 PM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 733 Posts

When I picked it up in Germany and went to the Ring and 10 other tracks in 8 weeks we were constantly chased by paparazzi. At the Ri d during DTM weekend there were dozens of people taking picks of us.

Now that everyone has a purple RS not so much anymore but purple is still a burden to drive on the road when you're in a hurry. Too many kids "racing" so I have to slow down go speed limit etc.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:39 PM
signes
Rennlist Member

Received 619 Likes on 407 Posts

^ Agree, not much more striking than a purple car with a surfboard nailed to the trunk. I got my share of photogs around Europe, especially when parked. Same here at home. Best reaction was when I was driving my GT3 home from picking it up at the dealer, I had two kids sprinting down the street near my house to have a look. That was cool, I remember doing the same thing when I was a kid. Hell, I still am that kid!
The following users liked this post:
Screamineagle81 (05-01-2022)
Old 01-19-2017, 07:13 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 916 Likes on 528 Posts

in our area , the GT3 got attention on few occasions
on the other hand, my spyder got attention all the time. I could not drive it a mile without someone making a comment, and for the most part very positive
GT3RS still in storage with delivery miles
Old 01-21-2017, 02:08 PM
tstafford
Rennlist Member

Received 1,080 Likes on 619 Posts

GT3 gets far more attention than I would have expected. Much more than the GT4. Maybe it's that it's white, who knows.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:42 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Having owned several GT3/GT3RS, I quickly grew tired of the attention. Especially in a purple RS! So imagine my surprise when I picked up my current GT3 and have gotten maybe 1/5th the attention. I take it as a sign of a good economy, as well as the fact that I live in Silicon Valley.

Last edited by 24Chromium; 01-26-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 02:55 PM
FLT951
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Attention? You haven't seen attention until you park a pristine black 57 Speedster on Ocean Ave. in Carmel.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:30 AM
RyanSD
Pro

Besides going to high end car meet, I rarely see GT3s on the road, let alone an RS.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:16 PM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

I have an LO RS and truthfully it's all the kids/high schoolers/college guys that go nuts. Gas stations, red lights, etc. Massive difference over the GT Silver GT3 I had.... only Porsche guys really noticed it. If I do stop somewhere where the car is in a parking lot, there's usually someone looking at it, parked near it or taking photos when I come back out. Tons of "can I get a photo?" at the gas station. I notice a lot of people with their phones up behind me either taking pics or video. Get the "OMG I LOVE YOUR CAR" yelling from kids walking on sidewalks or driving past me in a turn lane (that's why I ordered 'OMGT3RS' plates :X). I get the "oh man you must be famous, what do you do, are you an athlete?"...... "no, I'm a roofer" they're disappointed, that doesn't make any sense to them .. LOL

My daughter is a freshman in high school and she's upset that all the boys are always talking about "your dad's instagram account". I guess they all follow me and are always telling her when they see me out and about in one of the cars. She's hoping for that kind of attention from them I guess... I'm glad she's not getting it!
Old 01-23-2017, 04:28 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Originally Posted by tonymission
I have an LO RS and truthfully it's all the kids/high schoolers/college guys that go nuts. Gas stations, red lights, etc. Massive difference over the GT Silver GT3 I had.... only Porsche guys really noticed it. If I do stop somewhere where the car is in a parking lot, there's usually someone looking at it, parked near it or taking photos when I come back out. Tons of "can I get a photo?" at the gas station. I notice a lot of people with their phones up behind me either taking pics or video. Get the "OMG I LOVE YOUR CAR" yelling from kids walking on sidewalks or driving past me in a turn lane (that's why I ordered 'OMGT3RS' plates :X). I get the "oh man you must be famous, what do you do, are you an athlete?"...... "no, I'm a roofer" they're disappointed, that doesn't make any sense to them .. LOL

My daughter is a freshman in high school and she's upset that all the boys are always talking about "your dad's instagram account". I guess they all follow me and are always telling her when they see me out and about in one of the cars. She's hoping for that kind of attention from them I guess... I'm glad she's not getting it!
That I can completely agree with. I took my cousins around(theyre cheerleaders in highschool) and as soon as they posted snap pics, everyone messaged them asking who's car is that. Word got out and now im known "the Legend" when they see me on the road LOL.

Good thing thing shes not getting that attention yet. I cant wait to have my first daughter

btw I just noticed we follow each other on instagram. gt3brothers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Reaction Thread