Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reaction Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 04:37 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

If you really want attention, drive a Ferrari. Initially I thought it was fun but after owning five they became a nuisance. My wife refused to ride in them. One reason why I switched back to Porsche.

I didn't get much attention with the TT Cab and the only attention I got driving my GT3 was other racers looking for action which I ignored. My .2Targa gets more attention than the GT3.

Funny story, was in a gas station gassing up my 430 and a guy walks up with his wife and say's "What a beautiful Mustang. I didn't realize that Ford has changed it so much. When did this model come out?" Obviously, he saw the Prancing Horse and mistaken it for a Bronco. I didn't correct him in front of his wife.
Old 01-23-2017, 06:41 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
If you really want attention, drive a Ferrari. Initially I thought it was fun but after owning five they became a nuisance. My wife refused to ride in them. One reason why I switched back to Porsche.

I didn't get much attention with the TT Cab and the only attention I got driving my GT3 was other racers looking for action which I ignored. My .2Targa gets more attention than the GT3.

Funny story, was in a gas station gassing up my 430 and a guy walks up with his wife and say's "What a beautiful Mustang. I didn't realize that Ford has changed it so much. When did this model come out?" Obviously, he saw the Prancing Horse and mistaken it for a Bronco. I didn't correct him in front of his wife.
The only Ferraris that have really caught my eye are the speciale and 488. I see some California's and i dont see the appeal in them.

Which Ferrari was your favorite?
Old 01-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 63 Posts

For sense of performance, the Stradale. However, after a couple of hours it gave me a headache. The 430 Spider I really enjoyed but the attention was ridiculous. I suppose the yellow exterior had something to with it.

Its when I decided Ferrari wasn't for me. I would add that I was in the program so that I would get the new models without standing in line. However, turning in your car for the new necessitated keep the mileage low. When I decided I wasn't returning to Ferrari I put 15,000 miles on the 430. In selling it I had to take a depreciation hit.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:38 PM
djcxxx
Three Wheelin'

Received 348 Likes on 176 Posts

In Palm Beach or Miami you can bring your RS to a restaurant and the guy in front has a Veyron or Enzo. Last week I was in back of a La Ferrari on Worth Ave so the competition is strong and the public jaded.
Old 01-24-2017, 07:03 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tonymission
My daughter is a freshman in high school and she's upset that all the boys are always talking about "your dad's instagram account". I guess they all follow me and are always telling her when they see me out and about in one of the cars. She's hoping for that kind of attention from them I guess... I'm glad she's not getting it!
That's what I call good parenting!
Old 01-25-2017, 10:40 PM
RyanSD
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
For sense of performance, the Stradale. However, after a couple of hours it gave me a headache. The 430 Spider I really enjoyed but the attention was ridiculous. I suppose the yellow exterior had something to with it.

Its when I decided Ferrari wasn't for me. I would add that I was in the program so that I would get the new models without standing in line. However, turning in your car for the new necessitated keep the mileage low. When I decided I wasn't returning to Ferrari I put 15,000 miles on the 430. In selling it I had to take a depreciation hit.
I hear Ferraris are maintenance nightmares

Originally Posted by djcxxx
In Palm Beach or Miami you can bring your RS to a restaurant and the guy in front has a Veyron or Enzo. Last week I was in back of a La Ferrari on Worth Ave so the competition is strong and the public jaded.

Jeez. Well atleast ill feel comfortable leaving my car next to a Veyron

Quick Reply: Reaction Thread