Sponsored by:

Here's at it again! In a 911R

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 07:52 AM
R.Deacon
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Reza
If you do some research on the owner, you will very soon learn that his car collection is rather vast. Laferrari, Zonda, 6x6, Lusso, RS ++++++ the list goes on and on.

The owner is a ridiculously talented driver. Kudos to him for using his cars. By the same token, people would criticize if they saw a photo of epic cars unused through winter inside of a garage.

Follow Powerslidelover on instagram; you will be entertained
Hey Thanks for education, my original thought now corrected,
So bottom line
Rare car being talently, handled by a .001%er. Most unique.
Thanks again for the reply to the initial Q!!
He be "CoolR".
Old 01-16-2017, 08:47 AM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
I just don't understand the point... no disrespect intended.

Why not use a more appropriate 911 for the conditions? A Turbo S or Targa 4S could even be cool. With the right tires obviously. You can still get it sideways and go 'hooning' and have a blast...... but yet have AWD traction should you want or need it otherwise. And these models are far more available and reasonably priced as compared to an R that are listed for sale at silly prices.

It almost reeks of a rich guy just saying "I got a 911R and I will drive it in ridiculous conditions just because I can..."
Also having 10 other cars next to it to choose from and replace/upgrade/fix with no care of the financial impact.

Was that a bit harsh? Not intending to be a hater.
Because Instagram... He's got them all so he probably just got the R and wanted to make a video, kinda like taking the Enzo on a country road

View this post on Instagram

Originally Posted by R.Deacon
Hey Thanks for education, my original thought now corrected,
So bottom line
Rare car being talently, handled by a .001%er. Most unique.
Thanks again for the reply to the initial Q!!
He be "CoolR".
I know who the guy is and I posted it in the past and his friend asked me to remove his info. I didn't want to post it again for respect but you can look him up, but I have to say he's good, check his videos on YouTube sliding around the 'ring.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:16 AM
Maverick787
Nordschleife Master

Received 2,082 Likes on 1,006 Posts

The guy is freaking good behind the wheel, and he's enjoying his car and not at C&O
Old 01-16-2017, 09:51 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,586 Likes on 734 Posts

Love following him on YouTube.
Very good driver, has nice cars and refreshingly actually beats the snot of of them.
Old 01-16-2017, 02:53 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Please don't get me wrong. Communicating complex 'thoughts' can be challenging in text. I think Deacon did a better job.

It DOES absolutely look like a blast. But I could argue the feeling of how fun it is could be just the same while in a different model. So why such a rare one? What's the point? I ask sincerely.
Because he can. Are you saying he should go buy a cheaper model in order to have "fun" like this?
Old 01-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,727 Likes on 914 Posts

It DOES absolutely look like a blast. But I could argue the feeling of how fun it is could be just the same while in a different model. So why such a rare one? What's the point? I ask sincerely.
Because Steve McQueen didn't give a rats a** what kind of weather he drove his Porsche or Ferrari in nor should we. This bubble-wrapping collector crap is for the birds. The air can't come out of this bubble soon enough IMO.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:38 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Because Steve McQueen didn't give a rats a** what kind of weather he drove his Porsche or Ferrari in nor should we. This bubble-wrapping collector crap is for the birds. The air can't come out of this bubble soon enough IMO.
^ I'm with you.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:44 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I was going to say he chose those road conditions to reduce tire wear, but then I see he can afford tires. So I guess he is just enjoying his ride! :-)
Old 01-16-2017, 06:00 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Because he can. Are you saying he should go buy a cheaper model in order to have "fun" like this?
Just seems an odd choice of 911 to go 'hooning' on a snow covered mountain.
But hey..... it's his car so he can do what he likes with it of course.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:02 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Maverick787
The guy is freaking good behind the wheel, and he's enjoying his car and not at C&O
No doubt! Certainly glad to see the vehicle being used.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:06 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nizer
Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
^ I'm with you.
Totally agree with the 'bubble wrap', collector crap. I'm certainly one who subscribes to using these cars for what they were intended for. Though, I guess that's why I was questioning his choice of the R for such a stunt. I'm all about 'the right tool for the job'. To me this is kinda like using the handle of a screwdriver as a hammer. Sure...it can work...just not the ideal tool.
But hey.... to each his own I guess.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:09 PM
sctanton52
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked the video. The actual speeds looked to in the 30-50 KPH range, you did get a couple of looks at the speedo and gear indicator. So this was not a 'high speed' run, from my perspective. The road looked like it had good saftey guard rails. All in good fun for me.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:13 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

First of all, 911R is not "rare".. and even if it were, he's one of the few who is actually using it as Porsche engineers intended... up to and past its limit.. not staring at it in a garage.

As long as the world keeps buying sunglasses, which they will, He should have enough $$$$ to cover the tires and buy a whole tire company if he wants to LOL.

Forget the finances, it's all relative.. focus on his skill. catch the video of him drifting his 1960's gullwing 300SL up a mountain pass.. really cool stuff, evocative of old Mille Miglia movies.
https://instagram.com/p/BKbabL7BvGd/

His Instagram is almost on par with Chris Harris in terms of driving.. at times even better.. Harris never drifted a LaFerrari around the Nurburgring at insane speeds.
https://instagram.com/p/BLwRVLQB8tv/

Funniest quote of his" I am lucky that mileage is counted with the front wheels".. LOL! Sense of humor is pretty spot on

https://instagram.com/p/BK3vkiZBw7z/
Attached Images  

Last edited by CAlexio; 01-16-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:22 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Great car control. As long as HIS life is the only one at stake I have no issue with it.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:50 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 137 Posts

Certainly more interesting than watching Salomondrin and his crew driving up and down the streets of BH and WH...

Quick Reply: Here's at it again! In a 911R