Sponsored by:

McLaren Success

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 03:20 PM
grendel88
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Yup, the Palo Alto dealership is less than 10 minutes from my house. I've visited before but I'll do a full test drive if/when the time comes and I'm ready to buy. I'm not going to bother a salesman until I know I'm not getting a GT3 and my options are open. Dealing with a house sale/move and head injury recovery right now, so I've got some time.
Just know that the guys there are super brand ambassadors and will take you on multiple test drives to give the best info on the McLaren brand. Navin is my SA. When I got my 570s, I had already test driven a 12C there 2 years ago and a 650s a year before that. These guys are serious about how good they feel about their product and their dealership. I was personally introduced to almost everyone in the dealership and service department.

A guy just walked in off the street and test-drove a 675LT. Who here got to test drive their 991 GT3 let alone a GT3RS? I hope all the McLaren dealers are this good, which seems to be the case on the MAC boards.

Palo Alto McLaren has been my best experience with any dealership in CA, from Porsche to BMW to Audi to Aston/Bentley/Fiat hands down.
Old 02-19-2017, 05:43 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,954 Likes on 555 Posts

Originally Posted by grendel88
Just know that the guys there are super brand ambassadors and will take you on multiple test drives to give the best info on the McLaren brand. Navin is my SA. When I got my 570s, I had already test driven a 12C there 2 years ago and a 650s a year before that. These guys are serious about how good they feel about their product and their dealership. I was personally introduced to almost everyone in the dealership and service department.

A guy just walked in off the street and test-drove a 675LT. Who here got to test drive their 991 GT3 let alone a GT3RS? I hope all the McLaren dealers are this good, which seems to be the case on the MAC boards.

Palo Alto McLaren has been my best experience with any dealership in CA, from Porsche to BMW to Audi to Aston/Bentley/Fiat hands down.

Scottsdale, Dallas, SF, Newport Beach, Philly are all good dealerships
Old 02-19-2017, 05:44 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Concur! Alessandro Ribola there is top notch also
Old 02-19-2017, 06:31 PM
SamFromTX
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
Scottsdale, Dallas, SF, Newport Beach, Philly are all good dealerships
Originally Posted by CAlexio
Had a fantastic experience at the Dallas store. I went to test the 570S and they let me drive it then offered to let me drive the 570GT but I had no interest in the latter. They offered me to keep the car for the day but I learnt all I needed to decide. The experience was so refreshing, I bought my first McLaren right then, and a week later placed a deposit on my second Mclaren to be (720S). Porsche has to do something different, I hope. That said, a friend blew some kind of hose loose on his new 570S on track, an all too common of an occurrence, unfortunately. Porsche still rules in reliability.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:08 PM
Colin Greene
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
+1 on Alessandro. I ordered a 570S from them early on and after many delays / missed dates got cold feet and had to walk away from the car. Hew as professional to a fault to deal with.

He sold my 2016 911 GTS on consignment and got are a great price after. I will definitely come to them come P14 time if I can squeeze that in on top of my RS.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:16 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,723 Likes on 914 Posts

Anyone had experience with McLaren Boston?
Old 02-19-2017, 11:38 PM
KINGSRULE
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

What about CT?
Old 02-20-2017, 12:27 AM
neoprufrok
Rennlist Member

Received 475 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Jon70
I think it's supposed to be priced above the 650S not the LT.
Right... not sure what I was smoking when I was typing that... actually I do. Charred chicken breast.
Old 02-20-2017, 03:31 AM
DannieK
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Any one with experience using Maclaren of Bergen County, NJ?
Old 02-20-2017, 08:13 AM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by DannieK
Any one with experience using Maclaren of Bergen County, NJ?
Use Philly or Miller, you will be very happy. Philly being great.
I am in NJ and it is closer to Bergen, but Philly is the choice.
Old 02-20-2017, 08:59 AM
RSA_27149
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone provide a comparison between 570s and 650s? I've had an extended test drive in a 570s (loved it), but have not driven a 650s. At the used pricing being in the low 200k, the 650s seems to be a good value compared to a new 570. The car will be used as a weekend car. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:32 AM
NateOZ
Race Car

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by fastmd
I used Miller and they've been good. A few friends have had some issues with their Ferrari shop (I would describe as typical Ferrari dealer BS) but hopefully it doesn't make it over to the McLaren dealership.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:20 AM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 925 Likes on 533 Posts

i talked to the philly people at an event in pittsburgh where they brought a bunch of cars , I was not impressed in all honesty, they came across as a average brand car sales people. Also the car I wanted to drive broke down from a previous test drive.
On a side show I was introduced to them by my friend who bought multiple cars from them including P1 , so overall that experience was not impressive
but will give them another chance if i decide on a maclaren
Old 02-20-2017, 10:31 AM
IRguy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RSA_27149
Can anyone provide a comparison between 570s and 650s? I've had an extended test drive in a 570s (loved it), but have not driven a 650s. At the used pricing being in the low 200k, the 650s seems to be a good value compared to a new 570. The car will be used as a weekend car. Would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
I was living with this dilemma for months, ended with a 650S.
I did not have any dealer around me, so it was pure luck and friends help I could drive the 570s.
My reasons to choose the 650s were not performance oriented since I was not planning to track the car. Liked the spider, the only supercar convertible with basically no (minimal) weight penalty. After talking to people I thought the 650s suspension is slightly more comfortable in comfort setting.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:40 AM
DannieK
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fastmd
Thanks very much!

Quick Reply: McLaren Success