Notices
991 GT3, GT3RS, GT2RS and 911R 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolex 24 Hour January 27 to 29th...who is going???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 01:59 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

PCNA.

Also posted a note in the event thread as to our little meeting on Saturday @ 4 p.m. at the Corral.

Will call P Monday. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

I think suite tkts were fedex'd using a staggered process. Some of my friends got theirs as early as Wednesday. I got mine yesterday. Maybe yours will be in today/Monday.
Old 01-23-2017, 04:35 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've gone 3x...the place is HUUUGE...makes a great deal of difference if you can get a golf cart!
Old 01-24-2017, 07:16 AM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig - RennStore.com
I've gone 3x...the place is HUUUGE...makes a great deal of difference if you can get a golf cart!
Where does one get a cart? I've looked into this and can't find that.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:05 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Anyone know who to call if your tickets have not arrived. Hate to be standing outside trying to convince them to let me in.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:26 AM
Brainofjjj
Rennlist Member

Received 240 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
Forget about that. Many race teams can't even get carts. It requires a $1M insurance policy for each cart. There are far too many people to drive one safely.
The only carts you will see are DIS people and large race teams. You'll see some scooters as well used by teams.

Keep your head on a swivel while in the paddock.

I was out there last night and it's cool watching everyone get setup.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:34 AM
reidry
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Brainofjjj
Forget about that. Many race teams can't even get carts. It requires a $1M insurance policy for each cart. There are far too many people to drive one safely.
The only carts you will see are DIS people and large race teams. You'll see some scooters as well used by teams.

Keep your head on a swivel while in the paddock.

I was out there last night and it's cool watching everyone get setup.
This is absolutely correct information.

We've been following sports car racing for years, each track is different. Daytona is very strict about liability, no carts for fans.

Ryan
Old 01-24-2017, 11:58 AM
Sleepy996
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 56 Posts

My tickets arrived via regular mail in a small envelope. So keep checking the mailbox.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:44 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by redmonkey928
My husband has difficulty walking/standing for any length of time and I researched trying to get a cart and like everyone^ has said - the only way to get a cart is to be a vendor or sponsor of the event. They do not rent carts to individuals. We ended up getting some of the phone numbers from the Porsche hospitality cart drivers and they were pretty good about bringing us wherever we wanted within the infield and to the suite. The challenge is when the carts stop running (usually by around 10:30 each night including Sat), and if you need to get anywhere other than the suite outside the infield. They have a shuttle that goes from various established points around the track - with no "on/off" privileges and they are strict about this. Once on the shuttle you take it to the drop off. Lines can be long but depending on weather and your stamina it can save a REALLY long walk.

If you are disabled they have a number you can call for cart assistance - but we tried that and they told us it would probably be at least 90 minutes before they could get us (which is ridiculous).

Originally Posted by Waxer
Anyone know who to call if your tickets have not arrived. Hate to be standing outside trying to convince them to let me in.
Call Atlanta. I think there is a phone number on the hospitality ticket web site - but this might work: 800-767-7243 - Porsche North America Customer Service.

Pretty sure that's the number I called last year when our tickets did not arrive.

I learned (the hard way) that their system does not allow for two addresses. They ask for home address and then ask for where tickets are to be sent. We were in FL for the winter so I entered two addresses and the system did not tell me that it would not accept the second address.

Tickets were sitting at our front door and we didn't know. They ended up overnighting tickets to our FL address that arrived JUST in time. I had to be rather insistent about their mistake, and they had no clue about the problem with their web site (and it may still be an issue....) Good luck!
Old 01-24-2017, 12:58 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 198 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by needmoregarage
My husband has difficulty walking/standing for any length of time and I researched trying to get a cart and like everyone^ has said - the only way to get a cart is to be a vendor or sponsor of the event. They do not rent carts to individuals. We ended up getting some of the phone numbers from the Porsche hospitality cart drivers and they were pretty good about bringing us wherever we wanted within the infield and to the suite. The challenge is when the carts stop running (usually by around 10:30 each night including Sat), and if you need to get anywhere other than the suite outside the infield. They have a shuttle that goes from various established points around the track - with no "on/off" privileges and they are strict about this. Once on the shuttle you take it to the drop off. Lines can be long but depending on weather and your stamina it can save a REALLY long walk.

If you are disabled they have a number you can call for cart assistance - but we tried that and they told us it would probably be at least 90 minutes before they could get us (which is ridiculous).

Call Atlanta. I think there is a phone number on the hospitality ticket web site - but this might work: 800-767-7243 - Porsche North America Customer Service.

Pretty sure that's the number I called last year when our tickets did not arrive.

I learned (the hard way) that their system does not allow for two addresses. They ask for home address and then ask for where tickets are to be sent. We were in FL for the winter so I entered two addresses and the system did not tell me that it would not accept the second address.

Tickets were sitting at our front door and we didn't know. They ended up overnighting tickets to our FL address that arrived JUST in time. I had to be rather insistent about their mistake, and they had no clue about the problem with their web site (and it may still be an issue....) Good luck!
That's true; they sent mine to the wrong address one time last year.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:43 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

No way to get a cart unless you know of a team you can borrow one from -
Old 01-24-2017, 01:56 PM
TrackDays247.com
Former Vendor

A note to anyone who has not been there before: The infield DOES fill up, so if you drive in later you may be turned back. And it is windy there...wind chill plays a huge part even if it is 70 degrees
Old 01-24-2017, 04:28 PM
jimmermd
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Spotter Guide for this weekend.

http://www.spotterguides.com/wp-cont..._17_DAY_v1.pdf
Old 01-24-2017, 07:28 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Waxer, try Shauntae Prince 678-575-2181.
Old 01-26-2017, 10:43 AM
drdonger
Three Wheelin'

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InLcvpRjISI

Last edited by drdonger; 01-26-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Quick Reply: Rolex 24 Hour January 27 to 29th...who is going???