Sponsored by:

991 GT3 RS production numbers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 810 Likes on 424 Posts

Originally Posted by unotaz
Correct. My R is currently in transit to my dealer and they are receiving 2 more RS on the same boat as my R. For those who thinks the 991.1 GT3RS will be a collector's item needs to readjust their thinking. It's a great car, but its value will definitely drop, being the most produced car in the history of the RS.
Yeah. So now that you own an R your a value forecaster. A Virtual sea of RS's WW based on " I was told this my X and I heard this from Y". LOL. Yeah, has to be at least 6500 world wide. Just like GT350s' there all over the place. If we dump them in the Atlantic we could probably walk across the pond to Germany without even getting our feet wet.

Funny thing is they seem to be still selling for a chunk over MSRP even with the supply "glut" and they are still coming. Geez will they ever stop!!!! OMG!. Maybe Checker in NYC will buy a fleet. Hey, maybe my next Uber will be an RS.

Oh, don't be surprised if the R takes a kick in the nuts from the new .2 GT3 with MT. I certainly wouldn't pay 2 1/2 times list for an R ($176 msrp) and wouldn't especially now if I can now get nearly the same car under $200K. Why, because its got a number plate?. R's a nice car but no where near a $500K car in my book. With the MT .2 GT3 on the horizon the time to cash out on the R is sooner rather than later. My advice.

Cheers.

Last edited by Waxer; 02-19-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 09:33 PM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by Waxer
Yeah. So now that you own an R your a value forecaster. A Virtual sea of RS's WW based on " I was told this my X and I heard this from Y". LOL. Yeah, has to be at least 6500 world wide. Just like GT350s' there all over the place. If we dump them in the Atlantic we could probably walk across the pond to Germany without even getting our feet wet.

Funny thing is they seem to be still selling for a chunk over MSRP even with the supply "glut" and they are still coming. Geez will they ever stop!!!! OMG!. Maybe Checker in NYC will buy a fleet. Hey, maybe my next Uber will be an RS.

Oh, don't be surprised if the R takes a kick in the nuts from the new .2 GT3 with MT. I certainly wouldn't pay 2 1/2 times list for an R ($176 msrp) and wouldn't especially now if I can now get nearly the same car under $200K. Why, because its got a number plate?. R's a nice car but no where near a $500K car in my book. With the MT .2 GT3 on the horizon the time to cash out on the R is sooner rather than later. My advice.

Cheers.
Ok, your attitude is starting to get very annoying, so let me speak very frankly. Being a R customer here in the US market, it means I'm a customer that has either bought a whole bunch of Porsches in the past, or a current 918 owner. I am both, which means I have been buying enough cars and long enough to understand how the market works. My R is also PTS. Does that provide enough credentials for you? By the way, the information I was given with on the RS production number is from the director of Porsche Exclusive in Germany. No need to hide my sources, he never told me an exact number because it was still in production.

I understand your affection towards your RS. It's a great driver's car, just not a collectible car. Why would that matter for people who are tracking their cars anyways? I'm assuming you track your cars, so why does it matter if the RS depreciates like a regular car?

Does your ego hurt because your RS is not selling over sticker or the fact that the R will always be more valuable than the RS?

Is your feelings hurt because your RS is the highest produced RS there is in the history of Porsche, so soon it will start to trade at or below sticker?
Old 02-19-2017, 09:47 PM
Just in time
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow!
Old 02-19-2017, 10:02 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Ok, your attitude is starting to get very annoying, so let me speak very frankly. Being a R customer here in the US market, it means I'm a customer that has either bought a whole bunch of Porsches in the past, or a current 918 owner. I am both, which means I have been buying enough cars and long enough to understand how the market works. My R is also PTS. Does that provide enough credentials for you? By the way, the information I was given with on the RS production number is from the director of Porsche Exclusive in Germany. No need to hide my sources, he never told me an exact number because it was still in production.

I understand your affection towards your RS. It's a great driver's car, just not a collectible car. Why would that matter for people who are tracking their cars anyways? I'm assuming you track your cars, so why does it matter if the RS depreciates like a regular car?

Does your ego hurt because your RS is not selling over sticker or the fact that the R will always be more valuable than the RS?

Is your feelings hurt because your RS is the highest produced RS there is in the history of Porsche, so soon it will start to trade at or below sticker?
Credentials? LOL. Boy aren't we a self important 918 VIP. Your elitist attitude is also quite annoying. Quite frankly I don't give a rat's patuty how many Porsche's you bought etc.. or who told you whatever. You don't have to own a 918 to know or understand how the market works. It doesn't imbue you with some specialness or maybe it does in your own mind. You think this is my first Porsche?

So now its your contact who told you what the "director of Porsche Exclusive said" Who did the director hear it from? What did he look at? Production records? Did he keep count himself?

PTS? Whoohoo. .2 GT3's will be ordered in PTS too. At nearly 1000 copies made the R is not exactly "rare" either. There are 50% less 997 4.0RS's. No my ego doesn't hurt. Its a car. In most cases cars depreciate. As a matter of fact RS's are still selling for over MSRP in most cases unless you got an allocation from your dealer at MSRP. The minority.

As to the R, I couldn't care less. I wouldn't pay more than msrp for one and side by side with an RS I would take an RS every day and twice on Sundays car for car. Don't get me wrong. I like the R. It's nice but not worth the "current" premium. With the .2 GT3 mt there is a good chance those R premiums will take a hit. As to the R "always" being worth more. Your quite the prognosticator. Never say "never" or in this case "always". They produced over 4000 Ford GT's. They have more than doubled in value. I guess you would have pegged them for depreciation too.

Let's keep the rumor mill going and lets have more "my contact told me what the director said who heard it from the manager of developement who heard from AP's friend at a cocktail party.

Last edited by Waxer; 02-19-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:07 PM
BusDriver
Instructor

Received 217 Likes on 63 Posts

Most people on rennlist are here to share info and learn about cars.

But some are here for validation.

To those that seek validation, know that once you stop fighting for validation, you will find that you can learn a lot through other people's posts.

To those sharing info on rennlist - thank you.

Last edited by BusDriver; 02-20-2017 at 12:15 AM.
Old 02-19-2017, 11:42 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

Received 1,094 Likes on 541 Posts

They both sound like they need validation imo.

Waxer, the number is prob somewhere between your guess and the guys claiming 6k and I have zero contacts to prove anything. But, man, you ain't gonna convince any of the 6k crowd anymore than they are going to convince you. Even if you post it another 100x.

Unitaz, oddly enough, your R is part of one of the LARGEST batches of LE GT 911s EVERRRRRR built. Like almost DOUBLE the 997 variant. Ok, more precise math would be 65% more than the 997-4.0........close to double on the 2rs. OMG!!!! So, shockingly, as time marches on, Porsche builds more of each variant they produce. Pretty sure that's their goal on the LE, lower production and mass produced stuff.

Drive em, collect em, think there are 10k or 1k 991 3rs, think the R is over or under valued, think the RS vs GT3 premium is a waste. All of your opinions and two cents will buy a cup of coffee.

And everything I said above is in good fun. Don't take it too seriously; just as I take everyone's opinion on every other "my car is cooler than yours" thread. Drive what puts a smile on your face.

Back to mauling each other..........
Old 02-20-2017, 03:54 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Received 860 Likes on 381 Posts

Originally Posted by BusDriver
Most people on rennlist are here to share info and learn about cars.

But some are here for validation.

To those that seek validation, know that once you stop fighting for validation, you will find that you can learn a lot through other people's posts.

To those sharing info on rennlist - thank you.
It is about sharing info among enthusiasts. But when I share info and someone, who clearly doesnt have the same access to the info tries to argue otherwise, I find that hilarious.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:28 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

I was at the factory two months ago checking out my R at Werks 1 and my PAG contact told me they will be producing over 6500 cars globally when everything is said and done.
Amen thread closed
Old 02-20-2017, 05:28 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

now its time for dogs
Old 02-20-2017, 09:10 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Received 298 Likes on 127 Posts

It is about sharing info among enthusiasts. But when I share info and someone, who clearly doesnt have the same access to the info tries to argue otherwise, I find that hilarious.
My friend, I gave up posting info a long time ago. It just rubs some up the wrong way. No point...

Love my RS, if they made 3 or every one of the 31k 911s, was a 91RS, would not bother me at all....have so much fun on track in my car.

Our Mate at CXX is doing my 991.2GTS Targa next week. Might pop over to see him, if I have time....
Old 02-20-2017, 09:35 AM
NoPaddleShiftFor
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
now its time for dogs
Old 02-20-2017, 09:43 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Old 02-20-2017, 10:14 AM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

JTaylor: Good advice. You are right.

"Access" to factory hearsay, well, actually double hearsay at best is "information". Agreed. It's German factory cleaning lady info. Pretty much it. That's "special" access info to share providing a solid basis to then also prognosticate value for sure.

We will know definitely when PAG puts out production numbers.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:18 AM
montoya
Rennlist Member

Received 297 Likes on 174 Posts

Name:  IMG_3760.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  235.7 KB

Is there a cat fight?

Last edited by montoya; 02-20-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 02-20-2017, 10:23 AM
Apolo1
Pro

Originally Posted by Waxer
JTaylor: Good advice. You are right.

"Access" to factory hearsay, well, actually double hearsay at best is "information". Agreed. It's German factory cleaning lady info. Pretty much it. That's "special" access info providing a solid basis to prognosticate for sure.

We will know definitely when PAG puts out production numbers.

I know someone that would have it within their direct knowledge about some stuff that might or might not be at Geneva. On the same afternoon he gave 3 different versions of a vehicle to 3 different people...

Luv it.......

Quick Reply: 991 GT3 RS production numbers?