Sponsored by:

New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 12:33 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 561 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie's Bespoke Auto
....these are the best looking and best way to protect your LWBS from looking all gnarly
I am VERY happy with the bolster protectors on my GT4 LWB, and ordered a set in GT Silver stitching from Ed for the incoming RS (I'll have the covers long before the car!)

Installation is easy and quick (around 10 min per side).
No harm is done to the LWB and the covers can be removed with no trace.
They look OEM. Every person who looked at my car since putting these in have not noticed they were there until I pointed them out, and thought they were the OEM seat. Exactly what I want! Something that doesn't "scream bolster cover".

The leather, stitching and fit are excellent.

Ed is crazy fantastic about quality, customer service and details. He has followed up to correct MY error on an order that he caught (thanks again Ed - you 'da man!!)

I have no stake in Ed's business. I'm just a very satisfied client.

After seeing photos of heavy wear on several LWB with only a few thousand miles I was thrilled to have something that'll protect these very expensive seats.

I'm surprised the seats wear so quickly. My LWB in the Cayman R (987) wore like iron, and so do the LWB in the 997 from from I've seen in friends' GT3's. But this new generation of seat seems fragile and I'm happy to have an excellent choice at reasonable cost.
Old 12-04-2016, 02:53 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome! What were your build lock dates / build month?

Originally Posted by phojes
Delivery of my RS is currently estimated between 17th & 24th February
Originally Posted by needmoregarage
delivery updated yesterday is 2-10-17 (orig 2-3-17).
UV
PCCB
Silver uprights and wheels
Clear tail lights
Nose lift
Leather
Etc....

Our first 911
MSRP from our dealer Sewickley Porsche.
VERY excited!!
Old 12-04-2016, 04:42 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PhilT3 (PT3)
Awesome! What were your build lock dates / build month?
It locked 11/25 according to the system but we were told the build was "fixed" 10/20.
Should go V260 (into production) 12/9 with V300 completion 12/23

Based on everything I've read I assume it'll be early but I think winter weather will be the biggest factor in shipping/trucking which could delay it.

I'd much rather it arrive at the end of March - but it'll sit in the garage for awhile before it gets any miles.
Old 12-04-2016, 05:19 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 421 Likes on 249 Posts

that's all folks
merry Christmas
Old 12-04-2016, 06:59 PM
phojes
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I finalized my spec in August but I'm not sure when it locked. Apparently, they started building the car last week. I saw all the estimated & some actual dates on dealer computer yesterday but I didn't think to photograph the screen.
Old 12-04-2016, 07:33 PM
PhilT3 (PT3)
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

It locked 11/25 according to the system but we were told the build was "fixed" 10/20.
Should go V260 (into production) 12/9 with V300 completion 12/23

Based on everything I've read I assume it'll be early but I think winter weather will be the biggest factor in shipping/trucking which could delay it.

I'd much rather it arrive at the end of March - but it'll sit in the garage for awhile before it gets any miles.
Yeah, I was told by my contact (I work with the GM directly) that my build 'locked' on 10/24 (meaning I couldn't make any configuration changes). My GM told me to expect delivery end of January/beginning of February.

Personally, I want mine ASAP as I have a number of modifications that need to be done by early April.

By the way.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2016, 11:07 AM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just got a text from my sales guy, BEST BTW, that my RS is on vessel Wisteria Ace and currently off the coast of France! Anyone one else on that vessel?
Old 12-05-2016, 01:29 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Nick Yoskin
Just got a text from my sales guy, BEST BTW, that my RS is on vessel Wisteria Ace and currently off the coast of France! Anyone one else on that vessel?
woohooo!
Are you tracking the vessel online? I "stalked" the vessel carrying my GT4 on a daily basis. It can be a bit frustrating but it's also kinda cool. I assume your vessel is headed to Davisville RI.
Old 12-05-2016, 02:24 PM
Nick Yoskin
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

woohooo!
Are you tracking the vessel online? I "stalked" the vessel carrying my GT4 on a daily basis. It can be a bit frustrating but it's also kinda cool. I assume your vessel is headed to Davisville RI.
Yup
Yes RI

Cool for sure!
Old 12-16-2016, 05:52 PM
WildBill
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Just received my shipping info. My RS left Emden on Dec 13 on the Zenith Leader. The count down begins!

Last edited by WildBill; 12-16-2016 at 05:53 PM. Reason: wrong month
Old 12-17-2016, 08:38 AM
smuoio
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

Very exciting, all this... congrats to all of us in this last batch! It must be great knowing your car is on a specific ship! I got to track one in Leipzig in November -Did European Delivery experience but my car wasn't ready, (date mix up, long story, had a great time anyway). Loads of fun, awesome car. I think mine is now coming out of Exclusive on the 19th and then into a photo-shoot. I guess this all means delivery to NYC by late January. After having some carbon stuff installed (and thinking about striping), she goes into winter storage in Westchester along side the CC.
Old 12-17-2016, 09:37 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New to forum also waiting

New to forum here. Also waiting on a uv rs. Will be our first porsche ever. We had to pay 20k over to get a build slot. Expecting delivery sometime in February. A few of the customized extras are yellow interior stiching, yellow door pulls, factory installed side graphic, center stripe, and Porsche script on wing.

We meaning me and my brother who are business partners and conveniently live right next door to each other and are both conveniently petrol heads

current stable

2012 lexus lfa
2014 jaguar xkr-s gt
2015 aston vantage v12 s
and the rs coming soon
Old 12-17-2016, 11:21 AM
smuoio
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts

GB, would love to hear your thoughts on the RS vs. the Vantage v12 in the future...
Old 12-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Golden Boy
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by smuoio
GB, would love to hear your thoughts on the RS vs. the Vantage v12 in the future...

Can tell you from lfa experience. Once you get a high revving car (9700rpm cut off)hard to go back to 7k redline( even though aston doesn't have and actual redline on tach)

here is a link to quick video of custom full exhaust including headers. My actuals aston v12s

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJYYLbHDiie/
Old 12-17-2016, 01:47 PM
needmoregarage
Rennlist Member

Update: we got our VIN on 12/15, the day it exited production. I looked at my earlier post and my 12/23 date was obviously a typo - the factory will be closed at that point (I guess). And it seems production will be concluded possibly today from everything I'm reading.

Our dealer date is still Feb 10 but I expect that move up unless we get really bad weather for ocean crossing and trucking from RI.

Enters Emden 12/23 and boards a ship 1/6 according to current schedule. That's a lot of "sitting around" time but whatever....can't control it and not gonna worry about it.

Congrats Wild Bill!

Welcome Golden Boy, and congrats to you too!

Quick Reply: New RS Deliveries-Who's still waiting