Sponsored by:

Pete Stout's New Venture - 000 Magazine

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 02:56 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,266 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
Pete,do you still have that cleaning lady in PAG?
Upgraded.
Old 10-13-2016, 03:42 AM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations Pete! While the price appears high, the quality of your insight and writing provide far greater value than $250/yr. Heck, a nice dinner out here in Hong Kong or Beijing costs USD200 and you don't even get decent service for that price...
Old 10-13-2016, 08:41 AM
Snakebit10
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I used to love collecting automotive memorabilia like books, special edition cars etc. Paid a pretty penny for some of it too. Some felt it was a waste of my money but others that shared the passion understood. Its all about what we find value and pleasure in personally. This sounds and looks like a quality product that will appeal to a few in that niche.

Will there be exclusive access to an E-version for those that purchase the $999 subscription? For that money Im sure they would not want to have many people touching or reading it. I would prefer to store them and read the content online so as to keep fingerprints or some other kind of damage on these mags/books to a minimum.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:03 AM
Jpacione
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm in. Looking forward to getting the first issue!
Old 10-13-2016, 09:50 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 635 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-A-Shay
I hope to apply for library card at "Mooty's Obsession" to read back issues after Mooty is done with latest edition.........
I'm in. I would pay $400 if Pete were to add Mooty as a contributing editor. :-)
Old 10-13-2016, 12:57 PM
midcont
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 29 Posts

Any sample articles to entice us?
Old 10-13-2016, 01:16 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Snakebit10
I used to love collecting automotive memorabilia like books, special edition cars etc. Paid a pretty penny for some of it too. Some felt it was a waste of my money but others that shared the passion understood. Its all about what we find value and pleasure in personally. This sounds and looks like a quality product that will appeal to a few in that niche.

Will there be exclusive access to an E-version for those that purchase the $999 subscription? For that money Im sure they would not want to have many people touching or reading it. I would prefer to store them and read the content online so as to keep fingerprints or some other kind of damage on these mags/books to a minimum.

Hope it works out for you.
Many thanks!

Good question. We have shelved a digital edition for the time being to concentrate on the launch and our primary product, which is at the end of the day a print product. I definitely see the advantages of having a digital edition for customers—even though the numbers never seem to confirm the clamor in my experience—so it was part of the early plan for the site.

I would prefer to offer a digital version as a value-add for the reasons you state as well as some others. However, there are some hurdles to clear, as putting the content on digital platforms means there is zero way to secure it, whether the page it lives on can be indexed or PDFs end up in the possession of people who didn't pay for it, which isn't fair to the readers who did—not to mention the magazine or content creators. Of course, someone can go to the trouble of scanning and posting or otherwise distributing a 40-page article, but I find that somewhat unlikely and (generally) easy to police on forums due to most moderators' respect for copyright law.

So for now, we are concentrating on getting the primary product right. If a perfect solution comes up, I am very open to it. What has surprised me is that a number of S subscribers are also buying a regular subscription. I guess those will be "daily drivers." I'm kind of blown away by this, as well as the S take rate.

I'm just kind of blown away in general. Thank you to everyone who decided to support this project.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:34 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by midcont
Any sample articles to entice us?
Unfortunately, no. The closest thing are the sneak peeks on the site and in the press release.

000 isn't a free content model—so there's no place for content on our site. We thought about sample articles on the site, like so many magazines offer, but decided we don't want to follow other models. So we worked to make the site super clean and simple, with the focus being an effective portal for subscriptions. It sure seems to be working, so maybe people are ready for an alternate road.

However, that doesn't mean I'm won't still do some free content here and there. I put some thoughts from a short road test in the Sharkwerks development GT4 into the GT4 forum here at Rennlist, and provided a road/track test story on the 991-2 Turbo to flatsixes.com 000 also has Instagram and Facebook going so that readers will be able to see what we're up to between issues, with Twitter ready to follow. So we'll see what the road brings on the digital side. A lot to figure out, but wanted to change the game up.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:43 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
I'm in. I would pay $400 if Pete were to add Mooty as a contributing editor. :-)
Already in discussions!

However, there's a sticking point: I am not sure there's a way to transfer Mooty's illiterate-looking flat out brilliance and humor to the printed page. Have actually been thinking about it for YEARS. Mooty may really be a creation and a mythical creature of RL beyond compare. But...if there's a way, he can have a page.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:47 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 122 Likes on 95 Posts

Sounds like a great idea P!

Break a leg!

Mooty will be sending me his copy to read and return.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:48 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,388 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Dreyer
Well, Pete better have a huge a$$ super computer for spell checker!
Old 10-13-2016, 03:22 PM
JCBH
Rennlist Member

Received 135 Likes on 53 Posts

Very excited for this. Just subscribed. Good luck and eager to see the first issue!
Jeff
Old 10-13-2016, 05:23 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LexVan
Well, Pete better have a huge a$$ super computer for spell checker!

I think I've got Cray's fax number somewhere...
Old 10-13-2016, 05:51 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

Originally Posted by stout

I think I've got Cray's fax number somewhere...
Hey Pete,have you driven the R? Do you mind giving us your impression about the car in the " impressions " thread?
Old 10-13-2016, 06:15 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

^

Quick Reply: Pete Stout's New Venture - 000 Magazine