Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 Dealer lists

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 10:33 AM
oslermarine
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 991.2 GT3 Dealer lists

Seems like people are already piling on the lists for this car. From what I can tell there's dealers taking deposits for $1k up to 10% of the vehicle value, then there's dealers taking deposits but won't gurantee MSRP just "market value". I'm 9th on my local dealer list, they got 6 allocations of the 991.1 GT3, is there even a realistic chance I'd get an allocation? Another dealer near me has 29 people on their list. Anyone know of another dealer near Philadelphia or nearby states that have allocation lists for MSRP without so many people on them? Thanks!
Old 09-29-2016, 10:42 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

LoL, "market value". Ridiculous. If you putting down a deposit and get an allocation then you should pay msrp. Dealers getting bolder and bolder by the minute in this market.

I'm #4 on my dealer list and last I heard it was over 50 ppl long.
Old 09-29-2016, 10:42 AM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

This topic along with the future FMV of the GT3/RS is the most discussed topic here. From what I have read (and it's way too much), it appears that being on a "list" is meaningless because:

1. It depends on how many GT cars PAG builds
2. It depends on how many GT cars your specific dealer gets
3. Market Value depends on both #1 & #2 (and many other economic items)
4. There are hundreds of examples of people being on a list, then depending on #3, the allocation is sold to someone else who pays more.
5. All of the above further depends on the philosophy and mentality of most GT owners/dealers. For example, currently, you can't keep track of the the GT cars being sold back and forth with each transaction trying to make another $. When this occurs, the car is more of a commodity, than what it is SUPPOSED to be: a luxury, depreciating, asset.

Bottom line, I think I am in a similar situation as you. I had an allocation, it was sold to someone else. I hope to get an allocation for the 991.2, but based on the items I listed above, to put any faith in all the "stars aligning" including all my own personal situations (job, family, income, etc.), is foolish.

I think one of the smarter things to do right now is wait. Seven years ago during the beginning of the recession, you couldn't even sell luxury items. That will occur again.

Sorry for the seemingly verbose and off-topic response.

Wish us luck!
Old 09-29-2016, 11:03 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99
LoL, "market value". Ridiculous. If you putting down a deposit and get an allocation then you should pay msrp. Dealers getting bolder and bolder by the minute in this market.

You're ahead of me! :P lol..
It will be 2 years wait when it debuts in geneva..
Old 09-29-2016, 11:21 AM
oslermarine
Instructor

Yea the market has gotten insane, I remember in 2009 you could actually get a discount on GT cars at my local dealer. My hope is some people on the list get second thoughts 😇
Old 09-29-2016, 12:38 PM
0-60 freak
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99

are you in houston?
Old 09-29-2016, 12:59 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by 0-60 freak
are you in houston?
Toronto, Canada.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:13 PM
Pokerhobo
Burning Brakes

Received 534 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by oslermarine
I'm 9th on my local dealer list, they got 6 allocations of the 991.1 GT3, is there even a realistic chance I'd get an allocation?
I'm sure many people are on multiple lists so if they get an allocation somewhere else you'll move up.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:17 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by Pokerhobo
I'm sure many people are on multiple lists so if they get an allocation somewhere else you'll move up.
some will buy multiple allocations...
Old 09-29-2016, 01:19 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 280 Likes on 102 Posts

This will not end well....
Old 09-29-2016, 01:45 PM
GT234RS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Waiting list of GT cars means nothing these day. Too many people want these cars. They won't give you car by your position in the list, they won't even have a car for you if they don't have enough allocations.

I belive for most of dealerships, it works like this:
1. How many Porsches you have bought from them
2. Whether you trading in GT cars to them
3. Your relation with the dealership.
4. Waiting list, that's the last thing they would consider, and only if they have extra cars.
Old 09-29-2016, 01:58 PM
mass27
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by GT234RS
Waiting list of GT cars means nothing these day. Too many people want these cars. They won't give you car by your position in the list, they won't even have a car for you if they don't have enough allocations.

4. Waiting list, that's the last thing they would consider, and only if they have extra cars.
Agree with everything you said. Let me comment on your list:
1. This presupposes that everyone on Rennlist (or on this planet) has disposable income to actually purchase multiple, expensive Porsches often. Although it appears this is the norm here, I am pretty sure it's the vast minority of actual Porsche purchasers.
2. Basically the same as #1 - If you can't do #1, you won't do #2
3. This is the most misused phrase I have heard here. "Establish a relationship" with your dealer (or anyone, any business, any customer, any vendor, etc.) is not defined with one side of the relationship holding the asset and making the decision of price. That is not a relationship. This phrase needs to be eliminated as #1 is the ONLY thing that matters in "establishing a relationship" with your dealer. Going one step further, the dealership needs to make significant money on you in some format.
4. Yes!
Old 09-29-2016, 01:58 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

I'm new to Porsche so I am feeling the chaos of all of this allocation / msrp/ vip list insanity.

I live in the Dallas area and of the 3 dealers here:

#1 has basically said there is no chance for me to get a GT3 allocation or get it at MSRP (they recommend I buy used and then trade it in lol)

#2 said they would take a deposit but can't guarantee anything and that there were 15 people on the list

#3 said they take no deposit and don't play favorites and only sell at MSRP but had 30 on the wait list (I'm sure there is some BS going on there)

Basically, I reached out to a few out of state dealers and explained the situation (new to Porsche, need MSRP, want to buy new, blah blah). They took a $2,500 deposit and said I was #1 on their list (small city dealer) but the first two GT3s would go to their VIPs regardless. Also they would sell at MSRP. They got 6 991.1 GT3s so I hope it works out. I paid them a visit since a friend's wedding I traveled to last weekend was close to the dealership and spoke with the GM and sales person just out of courtesy. Lots of footwork, calling, etc. but if you don't try you won't win!
Old 09-29-2016, 02:11 PM
rave426
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It sucks. I'm #3 at a dealer in OK (will have markup) and hopefully have a swing at one in Houston at MSRP.

Its crazy how the market is for these cars. Its worse than Ferrari.
Old 09-29-2016, 02:24 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by GT234RS

From personal experiences.. I would concur!
Although to add to #3. Your relation with the dealership owner
Is my saving grace,

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Dealer lists