Sponsored by:

991.2 GT3 Dealer lists

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 02:25 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Received 220 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
From personal experiences.. I would concur!
Although to add to #3. Your relation with the dealership owner
Is my saving grace,
Put in a good word for the rest of us then!! LOL.

You buying from Pfaff??
Old 09-29-2016, 03:43 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99

You buying from Pfaff??
Oakville,
Old 09-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Tosilog
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just consistently referred new customers to them and that earned me GT3/RS at MSRP allocations
Old 09-29-2016, 04:40 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RealityGT
Oakville,
Oakville is a good dealership. I've bought a few cars from them, and it seems like their list is about half the size of Pfaff's right now. Luckily for us in Canada, getting a PTS allocation is the real struggle, as opposed to playing the 'how much over MSRP game'.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:27 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Originally Posted by shizzle
Oakville is a good dealership. I've bought a few cars from them, and it seems like their list is about half the size of Pfaff's right now. Luckily for us in Canada, getting a PTS allocation is the real struggle, as opposed to playing the 'how much over MSRP game'.
Agreed.
Old 09-29-2016, 11:45 PM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,952 Likes on 555 Posts

For the new guys, we have all been there.

Be smart, don't be in a hurry. You will eventually find it.

Do you NEED TO HAVE THE FIRST ONE IN TOWN?

if you said yes, congrats. You are screwed.

No? Congrats. You will save
Old 09-30-2016, 07:00 AM
GT234RS
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mass27
Agree with everything you said. Let me comment on your list:
1. This presupposes that everyone on Rennlist (or on this planet) has disposable income to actually purchase multiple, expensive Porsches often. Although it appears this is the norm here, I am pretty sure it's the vast minority of actual Porsche purchasers.
2. Basically the same as #1 - If you can't do #1, you won't do #2
3. This is the most misused phrase I have heard here. "Establish a relationship" with your dealer (or anyone, any business, any customer, any vendor, etc.) is not defined with one side of the relationship holding the asset and making the decision of price. That is not a relationship. This phrase needs to be eliminated as #1 is the ONLY thing that matters in "establishing a relationship" with your dealer. Going one step further, the dealership needs to make significant money on you in some format.
4. Yes!
I hate these games to be honest. I don't wanna make money on these car, just wanna enjoy them on the road and track.

I wanted a 911 R, I want the coming GT2RS to drive on the track, but most likely I won't be able to get one if it's limited. I want a 488 and I was told I need to buy a California T or wait 2 years. I want a GTC4 Lusso, they tell me I need to wait for a year. It's crazy these days, these cars sitting in the showroom and nobody wanted them coupe years ago. So I am buying McLaren cars now, because I don't wanna play this game anymore.

Anyways I still feel lucky that I will get the new GT3, GT4, I am getting new Panamera early. Even the Panamera you need to wait for a year. Crazy, I don't understand what's happening these days
Old 09-30-2016, 09:07 AM
RealityGT
Drifting

^Agreed I dislike games.. ( I will never deal with DFC.)
Although it seems that both Oakville and Pfaff, cant help but join in.. Look at how many GT3/RS/GT4, are sitting on their lots. They got caught up with the hype in the US and tried to play the game.. They forgot that we are 2 very different cultures.

Either way.. When fat times lean out.. I will be there to pick up the scraps,
Old 09-30-2016, 06:44 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GT234RS
Waiting list of GT cars means nothing these day. Too many people want these cars. They won't give you car by your position in the list, they won't even have a car for you if they don't have enough allocations.

I belive for most of dealerships, it works like this:
1. How many Porsches you have bought from them
2. Whether you trading in GT cars to them
3. Your relation with the dealership.
4. Waiting list, that's the last thing they would consider, and only if they have extra cars.
I agree. I didn't even have to put a deposit down and I know I will get one, when the time comes. Doesn't even matter how many are on the list.
Old 09-30-2016, 07:23 PM
shizzle
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GT234RS
I wanted a 911 R, I want the coming GT2RS to drive on the track, but most likely I won't be able to get one if it's limited. I want a 488 and I was told I need to buy a California T or wait 2 years. I want a GTC4 Lusso, they tell me I need to wait for a year. It's crazy these days, these cars sitting in the showroom and nobody wanted them coupe years ago. So I am buying McLaren cars now, because I don't wanna play this game anymore.
lol, if it makes you feel better, I inquired about an F12 a few years ago, and was told to put a $25k deposit down, and i *might* get a car in 3 years. A one year wait on a GTC4 Lusso isn't too bad, seems like Ferrari just can't make enough of them right now.

When is your LT Spyder coming!? (just saw that in your sig).
Old 09-30-2016, 10:49 PM
SToronto
Rennlist Member

Received 1,116 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by STALKER99

You buying from Pfaff??
You buying from Pfaff?
Old 10-01-2016, 08:45 AM
GT234RS
Intermediate

Originally Posted by shizzle
lol, if it makes you feel better, I inquired about an F12 a few years ago, and was told to put a $25k deposit down, and i *might* get a car in 3 years. A one year wait on a GTC4 Lusso isn't too bad, seems like Ferrari just can't make enough of them right now.

When is your LT Spyder coming!? (just saw that in your sig).
Mine is arriving in Jan, I was lucky to get one of the last LTs they will build.

Last edited by GT234RS; 10-01-2016 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:33 AM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by SToronto
You buying from Pfaff?
Yes.
Old 10-01-2016, 12:09 PM
VaclavSV
AutoX

Interesting to see a lot of Ontario/GTA members on the forum (Maybe I know some of you?!)... I sold my C63 Black Series in August and was going to jump into 991.1 GT3 from PCO but decided against it cause of the unknowns with 991.2 GT3. I asked about 'The List' and they would happily take a deposit but no guarantees on allocations.

I then went to Mclaren to inquire about a 570S so I could order one now for the spring. In doing so got talking about the 991.2 GT 3 'List' at Pfaff and was told dont bother because Pfaff will hand pick who gets the car so being first or last on the list doesnt make a difference. Its all about customer relationships.

For those of you that have an ongoing relationship with your dealers I envy you. Im relatively young (26) and havent had the time or money to develop these relationships and my parents could care less about cars so I couldnt exactly 'inherit' a relationship either as a few acquaintances of mine have done with other cars.

As someone said before, Im not interested in making money on these cars either... Im going to drive it A LOT! But at the same time Im torn because I dont want to 'overpay' for a car! -Maybe Im cheap, or maybe its my car knowledge talking, who knows. But when I went to buy the 991.1 GT3 after driving it, it felt like a 160K car, not a 190K car. I had the cash to buy it, but it didnt sit right with me.

I would love the opportunity to buy a new P-car at MSRP but from my little research its going to take a few car purchases before I get there which sucks. Anyways maybe I buy a 991.1 GT3/RS if the 'market adjusts' and get to know more of you better/see you at the track or various meets.

/End Rant
Old 10-01-2016, 06:56 PM
STALKER99
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by bronson7
I agree. I didn't even have to put a deposit down and I know I will get one, when the time comes. Doesn't even matter how many are on the list.

How many cars have you purchased from Pfaff if you don't mind me asking.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3 Dealer lists