Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Realistic trade in value of the 991 GT3 RS

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:56 PM
ChrisF
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 336 Posts

If you do, you'll be back. Seems to happen a lot here. Grass is not greener.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:42 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Speciale much more comfortable than RS, nice sound, much more Alive on the track. Very under-tired, understeers. Steering really weirdly light, transmission not as good as Pdk-s, Ferrari transmission easily confused on track in automatic mode. High redline is really fun though.

RS more confining especially with lwb, but with right exhaust sound is better IMO, and feels like a true race car with an incredible front end. Unbeatable pdk-s, super intuitive and fast

If you like to cruise the streets the speciale is your itch to scratch... if you track, nothing better than RS.

Good luck with sale and purchase. Sell high buy low (easier said than done)... consider a scuderia for less $?
Old 09-30-2016, 03:55 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by CAlexio
Speciale much more comfortable than RS, nice sound, much more Alive on the track. Very under-tired, understeers. Steering really weirdly light, transmission not as good as Pdk-s, Ferrari transmission easily confused on track in automatic mode. High redline is really fun though.

RS more confining especially with lwb, but with right exhaust sound is better IMO, and feels like a true race car with an incredible front end. Unbeatable pdk-s, super intuitive and fast

If you like to cruise the streets the speciale is your itch to scratch... if you track, nothing better than RS.

Good luck with sale and purchase. Sell high buy low (easier said than done)... consider a scuderia for less $?
top statement!

but "Speciale much more comfortable than RS" this i do not agree - bouth are comfortable and without an lack capable of dd.

light steering / front end - also topic on F430 - but both cars feels far away from not right. IMHO more raw than 991RS. F430 steering for example reminded me on a 997.1Cup steering.

sound - yeah... everybody has different preferences... BUT the F V8 and V12 N/A sounds thats goosebumps stuff. already stock. incredible with aftermarket stuff.

do it. change for a 458S. drive it a lot and often. you will recognize fast that you miss the Porsche perfection. and you will change again.
If you drive the 458S just 3.000miles and max. 2-3 trackdays over the year - you could be even more happy with the italian drama queen as with a Porsche.
Old 09-30-2016, 04:34 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Jo_ker. Im curious. You had 991GT3RS/M4GTS & 9981 GT4 all within 2016 and sold before any apparent serious mileage/track work...

Why was that out of curiosity?

Sorry for OT
Old 09-30-2016, 09:32 AM
jo_ker
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 190 Posts

sure macca.

991RS should have worked out already 2015.
didn't.
bought Gt4 + ordered M4GTS (which was not that fun for me at the end)
991RS finally worked out. great car. not that lap time guy. so still a bit too much playstation. too perfect chassis and everything.
now 997.2GT3RS = perfect mix between 991RS and GT4 i see.
still lame if compared to a Caterham after work ride.

$ is limited + no possibility to try out all the cars several hundret/thousand miles and over several weeks as hard as i want to; always have to buy them. you do not get to know them based on a testdrive (which i also not get real possibilities cause young boy) or out of magazines and youtube is too boring. and still so many more cars out there were i want to get my hands on! 675LT, 458(Speciale), Aventador or MurciSV, modded M2, Superformance Cobra,...
hopefully this rush (never ) ends sometimes. its a nice hobby which keeps me positive busy.
Old 10-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jo_ker
sure macca. 991RS should have worked out already 2015. didn't. bought Gt4 + ordered M4GTS (which was not that fun for me at the end) 991RS finally worked out. great car. not that lap time guy. so still a bit too much playstation. too perfect chassis and everything. now 997.2GT3RS = perfect mix between 991RS and GT4 i see. still lame if compared to a Caterham after work ride. $ is limited + no possibility to try out all the cars several hundret/thousand miles and over several weeks as hard as i want to; always have to buy them. you do not get to know them based on a testdrive (which i also not get real possibilities cause young boy) or out of magazines and youtube is too boring. and still so many more cars out there were i want to get my hands on! 675LT, 458(Speciale), Aventador or MurciSV, modded M2, Superformance Cobra,... hopefully this rush (never ) ends sometimes. its a nice hobby which keeps me positive busy.
Thanks mate. I totally understand. I'm much the same but playing at a lower level. There is much metal out there to try. In fact we are spoilt by choices right now - a renaissance is under way in the industry regardless wether you like turbo or hybrid or electric or autonomous - it's all now here or tomorrow morning. 675LT & 458sp defiantly on the list for me. I need reliable track car not going up in value like Bitcoin so looking back to newly collectable GT3 or RS no option for my personality.

Anyway enjoy your car adventures.

Quick Reply: Realistic trade in value of the 991 GT3 RS