991.2 GT3

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 04:08 AM
camjan
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 991.2 GT3

Hello everyone,

I am in the market for either a 997 or 991 GT3 or RS. Cant decide which would make more sense for me at the moment. As you know trying to find a used car you like is quite hard and you have to swallow the big price ticket for the new RS.

Im looking to get some more info, price and availability wise, on the 991.2 GT3.

What do you guys think the dealer mark up on a new one will be? The person I work with couldn't give me much info about it since its still a-ways away. Another person I spoke with (won't mention names or dealerships) said he has people offering him 100k over MSRP for a build. I was quite shocked to hear that.

Is there any possible way to secure one for MSRP anymore these days or is it just whoever offers the most over MSRP gets one if you're not a 918 vip?

Lastly, how does PTS work with GT3/RS? Do only a few builds go to each dealership and they basically auction them to their clients?

if I could get a PTS 991.2 GT3 with manual I wouldn't feel the need to try to find an older one and be just as satisfied.
Basically what I'm trying to get at is there anyway to secure a build now while its still early for MSRP or close to it?

Thanks for your help

Cam
Old 09-22-2016, 09:29 AM
Scorponok
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 42 Posts

^ exactly. Call around. Most importantly, walk away from those asking above MSRP, there is no reason for it.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:52 AM
GT63TT
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I paid 30,000USD over for a 2015 991.1 with 1,000 miles on the clock. The dealers promised a 991.2 allocation and Ive paid $1,000 as a show of good faith..
Old 09-22-2016, 12:40 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Go introduce yourself to a few local dealers, be honest and hope they're honest back to you. As far as PTS goes, PAG opens a window (time frame) so you just have to be lucky with your timing when the order gets placed. I would assume it will be a shark's frenzy out there when the .2 gt3 makes it's debut. Good luck.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:49 PM
RealityGT
Drifting

Received 226 Likes on 129 Posts

OP, why not just go into a dealer and start talking with them? Posting up on a forum won't help you in this case.... I understand most people are used to being spoon-fed these days, but if you put in some leg work and you may actually get results..

GL
Old 09-22-2016, 02:07 PM
GT63TT
Instructor

Originally Posted by bronson7
Go introduce yourself to a few local dealers, be honest and hope they're honest back to you. As far as PTS goes, PAG opens a window (time frame) so you just have to be lucky with your timing when the order gets placed. I would assume it will be a shark's frenzy out there when the .2 gt3 makes it's debut. Good luck.
How do you suspect the 991.1 GT3 market will go when .2 comes out?

Ideally i'd like to trade with my dealer. 991.1 for 991.2 - I already put a good faith deposit and have a signed ok. for 991.2
Old 09-22-2016, 02:32 PM
SHAG
Racer

Originally Posted by GT63TT
How do you suspect the 991.1 GT3 market will go when .2 comes out? Ideally i'd like to trade with my dealer. 991.1 for 991.2 - I already put a good faith deposit and have a signed ok. for 991.2
Since you paid 30k over, you probably will lose 50k with trade in. If you want to see an endless debate on values, look around a little bit and you'll find all the options you're looking for.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:19 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by GT63TT
How do you suspect the 991.1 GT3 market will go when .2 comes out?

Ideally i'd like to trade with my dealer. 991.1 for 991.2 - I already put a good faith deposit and have a signed ok. for 991.2
I believe when the .2 comes out the .1 value will certainly drop, to what values is anybody's guess. Although what some feel, with the obvious reduced redline, the 9K .1 gt3 might just hold some value. I guess we can all speculate but time will eventually tell.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:59 PM
ChicagoM4
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I did some leg work and talked to quite a few dealers in my area and outside my area. I found one I wanted to go with (not over MSRP and buildable) and a few backups. They took a modest deposit as I am new to Porsche and told me the first few 991.2 gt3s will be offered to VIP clients but they should be able to fulfill my need as I am first on their list.

Call around, each dealership that I've talked to is different... some are very much outliers.
Old 09-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Sixpacked
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

It will be exciting to see how many they will produce of the mkll version. Mkl had a total production number at 1.054 pcs (as far as I know from other clever-heads) and that number is likely to be below 1.000 if you deduct damaged/totalled cars.
I am actually not sure that the mkl will depreciate as much as others suggests, as this is in fact a true collectors item with NO turbo on board. Perhaps the mkll will be the last Porsche 911 around with a natural aspirated engine... Depreciation or not - it's like stocks... are you investing to make a quick buck or are you in it for the long run :-)

Let's see if they will shoe the MKll beast on Paris Motor Show.... I hope so.
Old 09-23-2016, 11:18 AM
doubleurx
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sixpacked
It will be exciting to see how many they will produce of the mkll version. Mkl had a total production number at 1.054 pcs (as far as I know from other clever-heads) and that number is likely to be below 1.000 if you deduct damaged/totalled cars. I am actually not sure that the mkl will depreciate as much as others suggests, as this is in fact a true collectors item with NO turbo on board. Perhaps the mkll will be the last Porsche 911 around with a natural aspirated engine... Depreciation or not - it's like stocks... are you investing to make a quick buck or are you in it for the long run :-) Let's see if they will shoe the MKll beast on Paris Motor Show.... I hope so.
I think it's more like 3000 + were made. MJones has a thread with US numbers and it was near or over 2000 last I checked. Heck the 2014 year produced 785 alone and that was the year of the stop sale. I'm pretty confident they made more than 300 in 2015 & 2016.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:15 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

OP is a smart man coming on here looking for some insider info (as that is what a forum is for RealityGT), however he'll find the same level of varying advice based on varying experience levels. I'm always amazed how some people looking for cars seem to get jerked around endlessly by dealers, whereas others have easy-peasy experiences. My current impression based on my experience with my dealer is that the car will be very very tough to get at msrp for the first 2 years or so, then it may ease up. Even being a repeat buyer does not save me from being told that the highest bidder will get the car.. zero loyalty of any kind. And I'm not willing to hand over $30k premium for the dealer, in order to be considered for the next model.. this is just a crazy world in a crazy 0% interest rate environment... soon that will be over and they'll be begging for our business.

good luck to the OP.. my suggestion is go find dealers in lower income markets, that's where you will have your best shot at securing an allocation.

Quick Reply: 991.2 GT3