Sponsored by:

Competition Motors Sports Center Bypass

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2016, 05:39 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Guest89
"Truly scavenge" is almost certainly snake oil ... unless the manifolds are changed, as Dundon and others do. I cannot imagine this sounds or performs any different to GMG. Cup cars and the GT3R that races in GTD and PWC are far from "straight piped" or loud at all; that said, the current RSR is pretty loud and makes a distinct impression with its 9400 RPM redline.
Don't know why you've got to rain on our bypass parade...
Old 09-13-2016, 05:55 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 420 Likes on 219 Posts

"Truly scavenge" is almost certainly snake oil ... unless the manifolds are changed, as Dundon and others do.

I cannot imagine this sounds or performs any different to GMG.

Cup cars and the GT3R that races in GTD and PWC are far from "straight piped" or loud at all; that said, the current RSR is pretty loud and makes a distinct impression with its 9400 RPM redline.
Then don't buy one or imagine anything. We're not trying to sell you an exhaust. We're just posting how awesome this exhaust looks and sounds. And yes, it does sound different than GMG. It has a lower grumblier sound than theirs. Both exhausts are great. Get over it.
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2016, 05:57 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drdonger
More video clips of the sound please!
My RS is at PP getting a roll bar installed. Let me know and when it's done I'll give you a ride. You need to hear it in action rather than at standstill.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:00 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tonymission
Does yours also sit up properly like lumber's and waxer's? I noticed in first the video on their website that the tips seem to sag down quite a bit. That doesn't look good.
Very good question. You can adjust the angle. I chose to have mine slightly lower than others because I wanted it away from the bumper. I just want any heat away from the bumper.
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2016, 06:01 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

One more pic
Attached Images  
Old 09-13-2016, 06:07 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^Two of the best right there!
Old 09-13-2016, 06:42 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by kyrocks
Then don't buy one or imagine anything. We're not trying to sell you an exhaust. We're just posting how awesome this exhaust looks and sounds. And yes, it does sound different than GMG. It has a lower grumblier sound than theirs. Both exhausts are great. Get over it.
Haha
Exactly 👍🏼
Old 09-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Guest89
Drifting

Received 202 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
Don't know why you've got to rain on our bypass parade...
Originally Posted by kyrocks
I just feel a sense of paternalism for those of you who are a bit too credulous and susceptible to vendor snake oil.
Old 09-13-2016, 06:57 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

I just feel a sense of paternalism for those of you who are a bit too credulous and susceptible to vendor snake oil.
Actually, I just take placebo pills to make me happier so I enjoy the exhaust more.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:04 PM
zweebach
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I imagine Competition Motorsport would be willing to extend the same money back guarantee to you as well. Maybe in exchange you could share your thoughts about the product.
Old 09-13-2016, 07:51 PM
Waxer
Nordschleife Master

Received 818 Likes on 430 Posts

"Truly scavenge" is almost certainly snake oil ... unless the manifolds are changed, as Dundon and others do.

I cannot imagine this sounds or performs any different to GMG.

Cup cars and the GT3R that races in GTD and PWC are far from "straight piped" or loud at all; that said, the current RSR is pretty loud and makes a distinct impression with its 9400 RPM redline.
Well if you like the way GMG bypass sounds you will like this one. As to the scavange question, se video in post #3. If that doesn't establish the scavange effect of this exhaust I don't know what does. You won't get that effect with a GMG pipe based on the obvious design difference.

Regardless of the skeptisicm on the scavange issue you may have the exhaust sounds great. No denying that. I have heard the GMG. Also sounds great. I liked this better and the look is trick and the price was $400+ less with a guarantee. What can I say? I think its great and sounds great.
Old 09-13-2016, 08:14 PM
lumber
Burning Brakes

It's not like I'm buying a cms bypass for any kind of horsepower gain, dad. 🙄
...you have to get a diablosport programmer for that 😬
Old 09-14-2016, 06:58 AM
jlanka
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by lumber
no straps
So they just hang on the 2 end pipe connections? They must be very light to do that and not have any appreciable play
Old 09-14-2016, 08:08 AM
lumber
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jlanka
So they just hang on the 2 end pipe connections? They must be very light to do that and not have any appreciable play
4 pipes actually, that have their own set of brackets. it's very light, there's nothing to it. No play whatsoever
Old 09-14-2016, 09:07 AM
tonymission
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Brian shipped mine same day (yesterday) so definitely good service. He took the time to discuss it with me for awhile also. Only in it for improved sound so if I can get 10hp out of it then that's just a bonus.

I do like the look of the tips as something unique (wasn't sure at quick glance) and for the price and with a guarantee, felt like I have nothing to lose. The website, FWIW, does list this as having a money back guarantee for everyone.

Quick Reply: Competition Motors Sports Center Bypass