Former Vendor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Default New 991 GT3 GT3RS Exhaust

NEW FROM COMPETITION MOTORSPORT!
CMS PERFORMANCE EXHAUST
PORSCHE 991/997 GT3 & GT3RS CENTER DELETE EXHAUST

Only $1,950 + Free Shipping

VIDEO

The CMS Performance Exhaust Center Muffler Delete - Engineered for the Porsche GT3 and GT3RS with form, function, and quality in mind

Order here

Designed and built in the U.S. from heavy-gauge American T304 stainless steel, and meticulously TIG welded by hand, the Competition Motorsport Performance Exhaust Center Muffler Delete replaces the heavy, restrictive OEM center muffler. This significantly increases exhaust gas flow, generating 12 hp and 10 lbs-ft at the wheels while eliminating 10 lbs. of rear-end weight.

Perhaps best of all, it unleashes an incredible engine snarl at low-to-mid revs that turns into an all-out flat six wail above 6,000 RPM! The CMS Center Muffler Delete makes driving the Porsche GT3 and GT3RS the exhilarating experience it was meant to be.

Our exclusive “infinity collector" outlet design was inspired by race headers, scavenging exhaust pulses to increase flow and power, and creating that incredible sound. This collector design allowed us to relax the radius on each four-inch diameter outlet pipe, improving exhaust flow characteristics. The sonic properties of the naturally scavenged exhaust pulses eliminate the need for a power-robbing cross pipe to tame drone; the CMS Center Muffler Delete has no drone at any RPM or throttle position.

Each hand-built piece is the result of our relentless focus on function, design, materials, and workmanship. The CMS Center Muffler Delete is available either in natural stainless steel finish or with a special satin black 2000°F Ceramic Coating.

As always, we only sell products that stand up to our punishment on the street and at the track. If we don't use it ourselves...we don't sell it! With that in mind, we're so sure you will love the CMS Ultimate Center Pipe™, we're making this guarantee: install it, drive it, if you don't love it send it back to us for a full refund.

FEATURES OF THE CMS PERFORMANCE EXHAUST CENTER MUFFLER DELETE:
Made in the USA using heavy-gauge American T304 stainless steel
Meticulous TIG welded joints for the ultimate in quality, durability, and appearance
Engineered "infinity collector" outlet for superior flow, sound, and performance
Relaxed-radius four-inch diameter outlet pipes
Available in natural stainless steel finish or optional satin black 2000°F Ceramic Coating
Premium AccuSeal clamps are included
Attached Images        

Last edited by CMS; 06-17-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-16-2016, 02:53 PM
rollsroy
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

To be honest, not the biggest fan of the single tip. Looks like a high quality product though!
Old 06-17-2016, 04:47 AM
Biglife
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agreed, I wish it came with a more traditional tip, the single is a deal breaker for me.
Old 06-17-2016, 04:55 AM
delanobe
Three Wheelin'

Received 218 Likes on 104 Posts

Looks nice but a little bit late to the party no?

What makes it different than the 30 other brands that are already on the market for years?

Sharkwerks, GMG, RSS, Cargraphic, etc...
Old 06-17-2016, 02:47 PM
991PTSRS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. We know the GMG and Sharkwerks don't make any more power so I'm surprised this center section does.
Old 06-17-2016, 03:26 PM
golden1911
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 10 Posts

that tip is terrible guys..
Old 06-17-2016, 03:59 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

I'm not going to say anything specific about another company's product -- there are some good and some not-so-good.

The reason the CMS exhaust makes power is because of the design of the outlet. The exhaust pulses naturally cross the outlet and generate a scavenging effect, similar to the way a header merge collector works, where one exiting pulse creates a low-pressure area in front of the next pulse and so on. That increases gas flow not just in the pipe but through the rest of the exhaust.

That effect is greater than simply removing restriction, which most products do. (Though using a balance tube to even out sound is restrictive to flow.) Using two completely isolated outlets can create drone and does not increase gas flow.

So, on the CMS exhaust, form truly follows function. There is a reason most Porsche race exhausts are center-exit and single-outlet: they are working off the same principle. The look is, as in any case, a matter of personal preference. The performance is not -- it's better in every way. Same with workmanship.

It's not that we weren't happy with other products necessarily; it's that we thought we could do better and we did. Fit and finish, fitment, performance, are better. Sound is awesome, and it looks very cool on the car (in our opinion).

Give it a try, as we said if you don't like anything about it -- the look, the sound, the performance -- send it back to us for a full refund. We're that confident ours is better than other products you try at your own risk.

Cheers!
Old 06-17-2016, 05:52 PM
zweebach
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CMS
Give it a try, as we said if you don't like anything about it -- the look, the sound, the performance -- send it back to us for a full refund. We're that confident ours is better than other products you try at your own risk.

Cheers!
I was skeptical about the style of the tip as well, but having seen it in person and heard it, I think it looks quite good and sounds even better. It's hard to argue with form following function. Plus they have the best return policy I've seen from any vendor.
Old 06-17-2016, 06:46 PM
16'991GT3
Pro

Any video clips? Would love to hear how it sounds.
Old 06-17-2016, 07:13 PM
CMS
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 16'991GT3
Any video clips? Would love to hear how it sounds.
Yes sir, in the original post is a link to the video. Sound is amazing. Below 4k rpm it is as quiet as the oem piece, from 4-6k rpm it snarls and sounds more aggressive and then transforms the sound to a wail above 6k rpm. Sounds as good as our 458 now.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:08 PM
peterbigblock
Instructor

I like the look of the tip a lot, very purposeful. Knowing that its design is the result of it's engineering for performance maybe adds to that subliminally. The black ceramic coating also looks awesome with the matte-black lower valence on the rear bumper. Very stealthy.

It sounds awesome in the video, very cool! Nice work, guys.
Old 06-17-2016, 11:17 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

I'm on vacation right now, but wait until you see and hear my CMS exhaust in the flesh. I'm not trying to sell it, but I have tried and heard every single exhaust out there and this is by far the best built one (I can't comment on Akrapovic). I think the "Infiniti sign" look of the exhaust is cool.

By the way, ask SamFromTX what he thought of my exhaust...
Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2016, 11:21 PM
kyrocks
Rennlist Member

Received 389 Likes on 204 Posts

Lots of GT3/RS cars!
Attached Images  
Old 06-17-2016, 11:34 PM
911_RS
Racer

Looks almost like the GMG center bypass to me... Plus 12hp? So I guess the GMG bypass with the center RSR tip also produces the same hp increase? And the dual tips no hp increase?
Old 06-17-2016, 11:49 PM
peterbigblock
Instructor

I think GMG's design uses the balance tube between the two sides of the exhaust. They claim 3-5hp from their exhaust, I suppose from lower back pressure vs. the OEM muffler/resonator/whatever.

Having spent a lot of time researching header design, the scavenging effect of pipes that merge their flow is very real. I think that effect is what makes a header, well, a header. A balance tube is a totally different design entirely, not intended to increase flow (in fact, it does the opposite) but to create canceling sound waves between exhaust pulses to impart (or fix) a certain sonic characteristic.

Anyway, that's my $.02.

Quick Reply: New 991 GT3 GT3RS Exhaust