Sponsored by:

ED delivery of RS questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 05:02 PM
batmanm3
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ED delivery of RS questions

I know many have done the ED delivery with RS or other vehicles...

I have been fortunate to get a slot for July and have a gazillion questions...

Stuttgart or Leipzig for delivery? Currently down for Stuttgart

Has anyone taken the train from Frankfurt to Stuttgart? Its over $500 Cdn the difference in airfare even though it so close...

Has anyone created a Google map route out of either delivery center hitting tracks and / or fun mountain passes? Hotels recommendations with secure parking would be a bonus. I have about 7-10 days to work with

Definitely want to drive around the Ring (but no way at speed...) Is there a particular day or time that would be better/safer?
Old 02-06-2016, 06:23 PM
otisdog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Think Leipzig is booked for the summer.
Old 02-06-2016, 09:34 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on your ED. I'm sure a few RL's will chime in to offer their help. Trakcar and Ronan seem to have made their ED a great experience. You may want to contact them to ask for your specific questions.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:13 AM
Kobalt
Race Car

Received 418 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by batmanm3
Has anyone taken the train from Frankfurt to Stuttgart? Its over $500 Cdn the difference in airfare even though it so close...

Definitely want to drive around the Ring (but no way at speed...) Is there a particular day or time that would be better/safer?

Have not taken that particular train but trains works well i Germany.

The Ring:

Safest is doing a trackday.

After that it is Touristdriving during weekdays when it is open only in the evening. (Less cars).

Worst: When there is several days open over a weekend. Like Fri-Sat-Sun.

Avoid Sundays if you can.

If you still going there on a day when it is open from morning to evening: Be on the track when it opens because later it will be crowded.

Rain is good: Few drives when it is raining. You have time to actually learn the track when driving slow. But be very careful if you drive when wet: The Ring is unbelievable slippery in its places.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:46 AM
brake dust
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Batman, in terms of trains, what I have found is that when booking, you have to use a European ticket website. The fare difference can be huge. Took a train from Le Mans to Paris last year after the test day. From the States website it was 150 for second class seats. From the French website is was 40 for first class. Our European colleagues can probably share better intel.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:13 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

I know many have done the ED delivery with RS or other vehicles...
Has anyone taken the train from Frankfurt to Stuttgart?...
Yes, I have. Piece of cake. Train connection from Stuttgart Bahnhof
to Zuffenhausen is easy & fast. Drops you off next to Porsche Museum
& across street from Werk II. Below is your exit destination on local
train S-Bahn S6:

If you have time, take a look through my two threads on recent visits
to see if any destinations or hotel recommendations are attractive to
you:

A visit to Zuffenhausen...will I see Andreas or a 991 gt3?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...a-991-gt3.html

Visit to Porsche & Germany - July 2015

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ly-2015-a.html

Good luck with your European Tourist Delivery at Porsche!
You will love it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Old 02-07-2016, 09:19 AM
autobahnA8
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The train between frankfurt and stuttgart is easy and convenient. We use it frequently.
Old 02-07-2016, 09:24 AM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Great thread Batman. (Zing! Pow! Bam!) I'm doing ED in late June. Subscribed.
Old 02-07-2016, 12:57 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I helped a gentleman here on RL in OCT plan and execute a 1-mo euro delivery package much more complete than anything PCNA offers via my mom's travel agency ( his words not mine). I'm stoked to help anyone else!

Send me a msg & I'll happily help plan a route to your liking/ desires etc. This customer wanted to go into Italy and the wine region - also due to possible winter weather we decided to go south quickly. He had a wonderful time and said the GT3 RS was a great vehicle in Europe. I haven't put any of his photos he sent me on RL as I thought he would make a thread, but I'll ask him to weigh in here.

My mom Christine is a London'er by birth and has owned her business for 30+ yrs. She is vey detailed and is very good at finding the best deals & planning complete euro vacations. I know many of the routes and can help weave in some of the better driving roads. Much of my expertise personally is in and around Switzerland- Chamonix, Gd St. Bernard Pass etc. roads located around Verbier, CH. where my family has had property since '82. https://www.bessonimmobilier.ch/weba...laminia-223224. I remodeled my studio into a lux master bedroom w/ en suite in '13. Verbier is one of the top ski resorts in the world and has been featured on Top Gear as it is very popular with the brits.

I did 55 days using Verbier as a hub and spoke method back in '06 when I was going to Ferrari (Maranello), BMW (Munich), & Porsche (Stuttgart) to gain first-hand knowledge for my career at the time in the car industry & other cities to visit family in Brighton, London etc.

This is a NC option and I hope to help the RL community have a truly great Porsche ED experience.

http://www.mcgeheetravel.com

Last edited by German_Saint; 02-07-2016 at 02:17 PM.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:22 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tuscany.
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2016, 01:46 PM
bronson7
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^That's one place I need to go back to. Love the Tuscany region, oh and the wine too.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:54 PM
batmanm3
Racer

Originally Posted by Kobalt
Have not taken that particular train but trains works well i Germany.

The Ring:

Safest is doing a trackday.

After that it is Touristdriving during weekdays when it is open only in the evening. (Less cars).

Worst: When there is several days open over a weekend. Like Fri-Sat-Sun.

Avoid Sundays if you can.

If you still going there on a day when it is open from morning to evening: Be on the track when it opens because later it will be crowded.

Rain is good: Few drives when it is raining. You have time to actually learn the track when driving slow. But be very careful if you drive when wet: The Ring is unbelievable slippery in its places.
Safe is good I've watched too many Youtube videos of crashes on the Ring..and while I know what my limits are, I really do not want to get taken out by some out of control car or bike

Originally Posted by Z356
Yes, I have. Piece of cake. Train connection from Stuttgart Bahnhof
to Zuffenhausen is easy & fast. Drops you off next to Porsche Museum
& across street from Werk II. Below is your exit destination on local
train S-Bahn S6:

If you have time, take a look through my two threads on recent visits
to see if any destinations or hotel recommendations are attractive to
you:

A visit to Zuffenhausen...will I see Andreas or a 991 gt3?

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...a-991-gt3.html

Visit to Porsche & Germany - July 2015

https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...ly-2015-a.html

Good luck with your European Tourist Delivery at Porsche!
You will love it!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I have read some of it already...will read more ...

Originally Posted by TorqueChap
Great thread Batman. (Zing! Pow! Bam!) I'm doing ED in late June. Subscribed.
What date? What are you picking up? My kid is in school till the end of June so I had to pass on the late june slot.

Originally Posted by German_Saint
I helped a gentleman here on RL in OCT plan and execute a 1-mo euro delivery package much more complete than anything PCNA offers via my mom's travel agency ( his words not mine). I'm stoked to help anyone else!

Send me a msg & I'll happily help plan a route to your liking/ desires etc. This customer wanted to go into Italy and the wine region - also due to possible winter weather we decided to go south quickly. He had a wonderful time and said the GT3 RS was a great vehicle in Europe. I haven't put any of his photos he sent me on RL as I thought he would make a thread, but I'll ask him to weigh in here.

My mom Christine is a London'er by birth and has owned her business for 30+ yrs. She is vey detailed and is very good at finding the best deals & planning complete euro vacations. I know many of the routes and can help weave in some of the better driving roads. Much of my expertise personally is in and around Switzerland- Chamonix, Gd St. Bernard Pass etc. roads located around Verbier, CH. where my family has had property since '82. https://www.bessonimmobilier.ch/weba...laminia-223224. I remodeled my studio into a lux master bedroom w/ en suite in '13. Verbier is one of the top ski resorts in the world and has been featured on Top Gear as it is very popular with the brits.

I did 55 days using Verbier as a hub and spoke method back in '06 when I was going to Ferrari (Maranello), BMW (Munich), & Porsche (Stuttgart) to gain first-hand knowledge for my career at the time in the car industry & other cities to visit family in Brighton, London etc.

This is a NC option and I hope to help the RL community have a truly great Porsche ED experience.

http://www.mcgeheetravel.com
Thank you for the offer! Will PM you once I have a bit more of an idea of where I want to go...my logistics are complicated by the fact my family wants to come, so I will need to rent a car...
Old 02-07-2016, 08:00 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

What date? What are you picking up? My kid is in school till the end of June so I had to pass on the late june slot.
My pickup is set for June 22nd. Probably going to drive the car around for 2-3 weeks which puts us well into July.
Old 02-07-2016, 08:24 PM
batmanm3
Racer

My pickup is set for June 22nd. Probably going to drive the car around for 2-3 weeks which puts us well into July.

Have you figured out any must do mountain passes? I've seen some of the lists over on the ED forum which look mind blowing...

Just need to figure out an itinerary to string some of them together...

You doing any track days?

Last edited by batmanm3; 02-07-2016 at 08:25 PM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 02-07-2016, 08:27 PM
TorqueChap
Three Wheelin'

Have you figured out any must do mountain passes? I've seen some of the lists over on the ED forum which look mind blowing...

Just need to figure out an itinerary to string some of them together...

You doing any track days?
Not yet. Still doing cursory research. Mountain passes and a run at the 'Ring are high on the list.

The endless options for a road trip are insane!

Quick Reply: ED delivery of RS questions